Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I stabbed Astarion to death for trying to bite me, then stabbed his stupid gay vampire dad to death too.

You don't have to partake in his buggery at all

Might have been more rewarding to straight give his ass to the vampire hunter?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I finally managed to sit down at the PC and play. 2 hours felt like 20 mins, game seems pretty great. I have zero DND experience outside of BG1 and 2 as a kid, also. It will probably be a long ass time before I finish though. I'm still playing through D:OS2...

As a total newb, I started as a half orc barb and was going to try some things I've seen posted here for the rest of the party:

Gale as a Divination Wizard, Shadowheart as some sort of cleric (tempest?), and maybe Astarion respecced to Gloomstalker ranger and multiclass into assassin.

I don't know enough about this shit to really plan anything though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't look much into this and i know nothing at all of DND but i'm more or less making a character into this, is it still start warlock then go like 2lock/8sorc/2 wiz? or something like that?
im still only in act 1 though so i'm 2/2, but twinning EB is fun lol
Basically it's 2 levels of warlock, 8-10 levels of draconic (blue/bronze) sorc, and 0-2 levels of wizard. I don't think I'd ever go 2 wiz, but 1 is tempting for the utility. You absolutely must do the quest to rescue the woman at Waukeen's Rest and choose the quarterstaff reward from it. Also, you need to be helping the tieflings throughout the first two acts or else you'll miss out on the second most important piece of gear for the build.

Edit: I tend to agree with the comments in that reddit post about evocation too. I don't think anything compares to the Storm Sorc / Tempest Cleric build for raw damage. Its AOE spells are as strong as anything else doing single target damage. About the only exception there is an owlbear orbital strike in certain situations where that is viable.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I've started Act III and seen a good chunk of the loot, I've noticed more than a few strange things with itemization. Several of the items that I picked up very early are objectively better than stuff that I found much later, but the new stuff is obviously supposed to be an upgrade.

A prime example is the green (uncommon) Melf's First Staff. It gives +1 to spell attack rolls and +1 to spell DC. For casters, items that provide +1 to either are much more rare than the melee equivalent and finding an item that provides +1 to both is S tier. Any experienced 5e player knows how incredibly valuable that is. I've found several pink (very rare) staffs and none of them are as good Melf's.

That's just one example of several and I think players with little or no experience with 5e may be making their characters less powerful by equipping items they, reasonably, assume to be an upgrade, but aren't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is how I got my party of 4 Pallys who are on a Crusade to kill all fags, trannys, and non-dwarves...

yes since I cant refund ive begun doing this and spinning the yarn of "its so great the game lets you do this"

Needless

Toe Sucker
Basically it's 2 levels of warlock, 8-10 levels of draconic (blue/bronze) sorc, and 0-2 levels of wizard. I don't think I'd ever go 2 wiz, but 1 is tempting for the utility. You absolutely must do the quest to rescue the woman at Waukeen's Rest and choose the quarterstaff reward from it. Also, you need to be helping the tieflings throughout the first two acts or else you'll miss out on the second most important piece of gear for the build.

Edit: I tend to agree with the comments in that reddit post about evocation too. I don't think anything compares to the Storm Sorc / Tempest Cleric build for raw damage. Its AOE spells are as strong as anything else doing single target damage. About the only exception there is an owlbear orbital strike in certain situations where that is viable.
i'll have to look more into these two quests, thanks!

edit: okay i havent visited waukeen's rest yet but ive done the gnolls and shit around that area, and im still in the process of killing the goblin leaders since i was just exploring all over the place first lol

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldnt kill the Goblin leaders so I just joined them instead lol.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
im lvl 4 there and slaughtered everybody at the party so i assume ill be fine lol
i killed the 3 kids and have them in karlachs inventory to throw at the leaders just to be a dick

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In my current playthrough, I am not reloading unless my party dies. So I live with the consequences of all my decisions and bad rolls, no matter how bad it is or unexpected.

In Act 2, I fucked up....really badly, but I'll live with it. :)

So basically at some point you need to prevent Isobel from being kidnapped as she is casting the aura over the Inn that keeps everyone from being infected by the shadows.

You do this by keeping her alive during the fight, if she falls to zero hp, she is then kidnapped and the shield protecting the inn and everyone became infected and attacked me...I had to kill everyone.

Some of the impact of this, the tiefling armorer that is wroking in Karlach infernal engine is dead and I cannot continue that quest.

Back in my camp after talking to Halsin, he leaves to talk to someone at the Inn, when I get there he's infected and attacks me so I killed him. This cause I cannot complete the quest to clear the shadow from that area because Halsin is needed for that.

Also a bunch of minor quests(I hope) cannot be completed.

Anyways, this was definitely not the outcome I wanted. :)

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldnt kill the Goblin leaders so I just joined them instead lol.
Holy fuck i tell people I did it because i wanted to bang the drow bitch but thinking back to it originally i took the fight and lost against the hobgob so just went with the alternate route.

Whats funny is i think i killed the gob priest

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but I don't want to progress companion storylines because I fucking hate them.
To expand on this a tiny bit: If I wanted to play D&D with a party full of annoying drama bombs, I would have maintained friendships with the people I knew in college.

• 2Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
To expand on this a tiny bit: If I wanted to play D&D with a party full of annoying drama bombs, I would have maintained friendships with the people I knew in college.
I found that stoners and metal heads are the best to play D&D with. Steer clear of the theater fags and wannabe screen writers.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I found that stoners and metal heads are the best to play D&D with. Steer clear of the theater fags and wannabe screen writers.
My main group, that I played 90% of my gaming time with, was the stoner/metalhead group. Other than me banging one of their ex's, we had almost zero drama amongst us. The theater/drama peeps were a whole other story. It seemed like every month there was some weird drama shit going on amongst them. I stopped hanging out with most of them after they got busted having an orgy at a larp event.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In my current playthrough, I am not reloading unless my party dies. So I live with the consequences of all my decisions and bad rolls, no matter how bad it is or unexpected.

In Act 2, I fucked up....really badly, but I'll live with it. :)

So basically at some point you need to prevent Isobel from being kidnapped as she is casting the aura over the Inn that keeps everyone from being infected by the shadows.

You do this by keeping her alive during the fight, if she falls to zero hp, she is then kidnapped and the shield protecting the inn and everyone became infected and attacked me...I had to kill everyone.

Some of the impact of this, the tiefling armorer that is wroking in Karlach infernal engine is dead and I cannot continue that quest.

Back in my camp after talking to Halsin, he leaves to talk to someone at the Inn, when I get there he's infected and attacks me so I killed him. This cause I cannot complete the quest to clear the shadow from that area because Halsin is needed for that.

Also a bunch of minor quests(I hope) cannot be completed.

Anyways, this was definitely not the outcome I wanted. :)

Well I'm going to quote myself here, Hotfix #4 makes it easier to not fuck up like I did. :)

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Other than me banging one of their ex's, we had almost zero drama amongst us.
Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be careful, they just rolled back Hotfix #4 they released today, it'll make your saves you made on Hotfix #4 incompatible with the previous version of the game they rolled back out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user