Bandwagon's Drones Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i changed the camera type-recalibrated it and re calculated .- i have been busy so no time to finish running the whole thing but it looks alot better than before

replacement batteries arrive next friday and we have a massive- for us- flyover planned -provided the drone still works right- in ipswich ma- a horse farm is selling the property to the state and we are getting the job(since we had done property line work on the site we already HAVE the files in the computer- and they are selling off a few parcels, but the requirements for the site need to show the horse trails and any water features (it borders on a stream) etc. so i figure 2 days in the field for the crew to reacquire the ground control. have them mark up the control points in bright orange paint X and a further 2 days to stake out the property corners that are being made, the parcel is ~130 acres, just need to do it with a single pass since i am more interested in the picture composite than the topo(so ican trace on puddles, stream, trails etc)- got it planned-it should be 2-15 minutes flights.
pony.jpg

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Yessir, I use it all the time. I'm not proficient by any means, I can just do a few things I need to do in it.

nm i figured it out. Used Mapzen to export OSM data and then used OSM2World to create a .obj out of it, then improted into unity

finally.png

J38c32W.png

cgQ1gAQ.png

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
tyen tyen - Looks good. I'd like to send you another file of just a building, flown low and close (like you said), and see how it looks. I want to try it after we get a new camera on the multirotor though.

You should see if @Vepil can get you an obj that was created off of a lidar scan, instead of photos. The hard surfaces will definitely be better, but I'm curious if the spikes and stuff will still be present in a file built off a lidar scan.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
i changed the camera type-recalibrated it and re calculated .- i have been busy so no time to finish running the whole thing but it looks alot better than before

replacement batteries arrive next friday and we have a massive- for us- flyover planned -provided the drone still works right- in ipswich ma- a horse farm is selling the property to the state and we are getting the job(since we had done property line work on the site we already HAVE the files in the computer- and they are selling off a few parcels, but the requirements for the site need to show the horse trails and any water features (it borders on a stream) etc. so i figure 2 days in the field for the crew to reacquire the ground control. have them mark up the control points in bright orange paint X and a further 2 days to stake out the property corners that are being made, the parcel is ~130 acres, just need to do it with a single pass since i am more interested in the picture composite than the topo(so ican trace on puddles, stream, trails etc)- got it planned-it should be 2-15 minutes flights.
View attachment 108662
Can I see a screenshot of your quality report? Mainly just the top, like this-
I8QBOcF.jpg

And good luck on the flight. Land at 30%! ;)
Also, I forgot....where are you located at? Boston area?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
ya send whatever and ill do something with it

I have a funny one to try out, but it was shot with a low resolution camera at about 70ft. Infrared weed farm?

Like this one, but later in the growth cycle. I need to see if I still have those files.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
tyen tyen - Just sent you a link to this file.

If you're bored, a video of your scantily-clad half-elf wench walking around and killing rats with a flaming sword would probably make the researcher shit his pants laughing. Pretty sure he plays WOW.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
you guys should team up and make Fallout Map Mods for every major city.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
you guys should team up and make Fallout Map Mods for every major city.

With cleaner files, that would be awesome. Right now, it takes me a couple hours just to clean up one building enough for it to look decent in the mesh....and it would still look shitty in Tyen's game.
I wonder if you could just create a 3d building object (like above), and use an orthoplane for each side for texture.