Barbie (2023)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
an A24 Barney movie eh. Make it dark you cowards!

JJ Abrams Hot Wheels could be fun if its done like Speed Racer

Tom Hanks Major Matt Mason! Now that sounds great I wonder who is writing it.... Akiva Goldsman....

nooooo GIF
Death to Smoochy was already a dark Barney movie. It was pretty good, imo, but hardly anyone saw it.

Cybsled

Edit: In fact, there's a perfect example right this very moment with Sound of Freedom. Which isn't even a right/left issue, and yet, the media went on a spree with articles about how it was MAGA conspiracy or QTards promoting it.

I haven’t seen the film, but my understanding is because it allegedly tries to legitimize the Pizzagate/there is a shadow business empire that harvests chemicals from kids like the bird dudes did to the elves in Dark Crystal

DickTrickle

I haven’t seen the film, but my understanding is because it allegedly tries to legitimize the Pizzagate/there is a shadow business empire that harvests chemicals from kids like the bird dudes did to the elves in Dark Crystal
That's not true. There's nothing like that in the film. If people actually watched the film instead of relying on someone else to get their opinions, it would be a non-issue (sounds familiar...). It's like a more grounded, serious Taken if you want a comparison.

That said, the guy it's about and the guy playing him have both espoused some of the more extreme conspiracy theories, including as part of promoting the film. That's where some of the hullabaloo comes from but it's simply not in the movie at all.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Saw the movie with some friends who were all about it. I couldn't care less but it was still fun.

It's about what you would expect for a movie about a doll that is as important to Gay men as it is middle aged women.

It's dunked in lazy feminism, but it still had a few funny jokes and a lot of not so funny ones.

Did have one decent take away, mostly for the Ken character. Don't define yourself by your attachment to others, especially those who don't care about you i.e. the modern liberated woman.

It's actually an effective tool to show clueless men that they don't even factor into woke culture, so why bother trying to integrate into it.

I could dissect it further... but... meh?

Also Death to smoochie was amazing.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread was like an enjoyable trip down memory lane to old school foh, where it wasn’t always constant moaning on the same tired woke outrage , but instead shitting on astrocreep for his dumb takes.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This thread was like an enjoyable trip down memory lane to old school foh, where it wasn’t always constant moaning on the same tired woke outrage , but instead shitting on astrocreep for his dumb takes.
glad you enjoyed it whomever you are.

DickTrickle

A tradition that, for better or worse, will never end.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I guess if you have Alzheimers then chuks ramblings would feel like memory lane, to most of us it's just Thursday

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, but obviously this movie would've made more money if Gal Gadot was the star.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, but obviously this movie would've made more money if Gal Gadot was the star.
Rumors from the Youtubers are saying that Gal Gadot got scenes cut from Snow White cuz they thought her "evil Queen" stuff was offputting.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's great buzz at.the neighborhood deli about Gal Gadot.
Facebook Group Liberty Movi3 Films said that Gal Gadot will only continue shooting Snow White if all the Dwarves are legit Dwarves, but also non-union.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users