Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it would be interesting for a super hero movie to actually show the impact on the world their fighting has. The fact that the destruction in MoS isn't just going to be brushed off is a positive to me.
You mean like how the central plot of the Daredevil series revolves around the fact that there is tons of rebuilding and construction going on in New York after the Chitauri invasion?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No, I don't mean like that because I haven't seen the show. I'm sure if I had seen the show, I probably would have referenced it. Hold off the jihad.

In any case, that isn't a movie. In all of the Marvel movies I've seen, the regular human impact of the invasion was essentially brushed off except for maybe Stark having a breakdown about it. I get that's not what comics generally care about or their audience. I just think it's an interesting impact that's not touched on much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It wasn't meant to be some big gotcha, I'm just saying they do take it in account, just mainly in their tv series, not the movies. I agree the movies are a bit sterile when it comes to the consequences of the previous movies, but they've been pretty careful to confine them to a bunch of out of the way places. Also, outside of the two Avengers movies, there hasn't been much destruction. Some random town in the middle of nowhere got Trashed in Thor, and I don't they ever actually mentioned what town the Triskelion was in from Cap 2, so unless you know D.C. landmarks (and if you assume Cap lives in the same town, since it was pretty obvious where he was jogging) it might not be clear what city the helicarriers crashed into. They even used a made up Eastern European nation for the destruction in Age of Ultron.

So really, Batman vs Superman is the first movie I can think of that is directly dealing with wide spread catastrophic destruction of a major city from a previous related movie.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's a good theory. Some big threat that Superman can't beat on his own, leading to a Batman - Superman - Wonderwoman teamup, leading to the rise of the Justice League, aka Dawn of Justice.
Darksied. Braniac. Even Paste Pot Pete beats him as a villain.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
No, I don't mean like that because I haven't seen the show. I'm sure if I had seen the show, I probably would have referenced it. Hold off the jihad.

In any case, that isn't a movie. In all of the Marvel movies I've seen, the regular human impact of the invasion was essentially brushed off except for maybe Stark having a breakdown about it. I get that's not what comics generally care about or their audience. I just think it's an interesting impact that's not touched on much.
Did you miss the bit in Age of Ultron where the whole deal about the big fight at the end was "We have to evacuateeveryonebefore we nuke the skybouldercity"? That whole thing was aimed squarely at Man of Steel's ending battle.

Column_sl

shitlord
One of the news sites came up with something interesting to merge Suicide Squad with BvS.

What if in this new DC universe the new Joker is really Robin. IMO that is a cool twist on the story, and it allows Joker to know Batman's identity immediately as well as all his darkest secrets to play with.

Never going to happen, but I would be on board if that was the case. Better then just retreading the same theme again.

batman_1.png

batman_2.png

batman_3.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Glad you posted those. Seems obvious to me the Joker is absolutely in this movie. They're just not doing the reveal.

spronk

FPS noob
if batman and superman are fighting what is wonder woman doing, like grilling steaks for the winner or something

Jait

Molten Core Raider
if batman and superman are fighting what is wonder woman doing, like grilling steaks for the winner or something
Fucks sake. You need to be so immature and crass? Derp, she's cooking in the kitchen...blowing her boyfriend.

If you paid any attention at all to the trailer, she's not that kind of woman. Grilling steaks could break a nail, you dipshit. She's clearly standing around waiting for the winner to claim her. All 102lbs of fighting steel that she is.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The trailer looks good. Batman movies were always dark, gritty and gruesome (except batman and robin lol). I know it's old news but for this movie I think it makes perfect sense.
Facebook guy being lex....that is something that I just can't figurate out, even batffleck looks better now.
MoS was not that bad but it wasn't great either.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The trailer looks good.Batman movies were always dark, gritty and gruesome (except batman and robin lol).I know it's old news but for this movie I think it makes perfect sense.
Facebook guy being lex....that is something that I just can't figurate out, even batffleck looks better now.
MoS was not that bad but it wasn't great either.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. Really over the top but still you had bruce dealing with his parent's death, robin's family being killed....

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Really over the top but still you had bruce dealing with his parent's death, robin's family being killed....
You're not dialing this one back, son. Bruce dealt with his parents death in every single film. Forever is retarded, in almost every single way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed Batman Forever. I mean it was seriously retarded, but I actually liked it better than Returns (and Batman and Robin obviously). It was basically like a live action adaptation of the animated Batman, instead of the gritty sort of noir of the first two. Which were still really good. The original is still the best overall Batman movie though.