Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
We never wanted Ben Affleck at all.
Jennifer Garner doesn't even want him anymore
frown.png

Do you think he went all method acting and nuts?

I honestly don't mind the Affleck as batman. I just can't trust a Snyder goyer joint now. Make the movie like the first 10 minutes of watchmen again....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because Batman would then be a villian. Or a shitty antihero like venom. It's a line that ruins a character. He isn't a Judge.
Right, it's an entirely contrived rule that makes no real sense except on a meta level to make him distinct as a comic book character. But killing wouldn't make him a villain. Captain America has killed people, despite being the moral backbone of the entire Marvel universe. Batman has killed people as recently as 2007.

Batman's refusal to kill the Joker makes him every bit as much of a villain as the Joker is, because he shares equal responsibility for Joker's victims due to his inaction.

radditsu

Right, it's an entirely contrived rule that makes no real sense except on a meta level to make him distinct as a comic book character. But killing wouldn't make him a villain. Captain America has killed people, despite being the moral backbone of the entire Marvel universe. Batman has killed people as recently as 2007.

Batman's refusal to kill the Joker makes him every bit as much of a villain as the Joker is, because he shares equal responsibility for Joker's victims due to his inaction.
Oh you are right 100% on the meta level. But Batman removing villians removes the tension. He is fully capable of killing everything with a laser strike from orbit. But it breaks the rules of the story. It's much more interesting to figure out how he will get out of the situation...without deus ex machina. Every Batman story will turn into that old man Punisher run where everybody dies...and that's what the Punisher is. The entire universe runs on this idea...

Xevy

Log Wizard
I saw another shot of the Desert Batman and it's Affleck. So Batman is, indeed, snapping a man's neck.

....and nerd freakout, GO!!!!!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I accept that Batman will never kill the Joker because that's the rule of how he's written.

From a point of view inside the DC universe, he's an inhuman monster who is responsible for every horrible thing Joker does.

radditsu

I accept that Batman will never kill the Joker because that's the rule of how he's written.

From a point of view inside the DC universe, he's an inhuman monster who is responsible for every horrible thing Joker does.
Most people think he is an inhuman monster. But also they dropped a chemical monster into bludhaven and nuked it. They once had an earthquake that killed most of the people in the city. They have destroyed and rebooted universes and planets left and right. People are just numbers in that meta level. Barbara Gordon has been regressed and has legs and everything! (Why she is a child and dick Grayson is an adult I will never understand)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not killing any super villain is really reprehensible in my opinion. You have beings order of magnitudes more dangerous than any terrorists. They should all be killed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit i almost can't get through this doc, it's so annoying, every other word in the "pro" warner/tim burton side is "the internet trolls! why!" It's so annoying when these thin skinnned retards can't handle trolls. (which is different from stalkers, fuck those creeps)

But yea, the underlying theme is that to me, DC is fucked if these are the retards that are historically making DC movies now, makes me give even more zero fucks about Batman V. Superman.

welp, lemme try to finish this doc, it's just so annoying.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jennifer Garner doesn't even want him anymore
frown.png

Do you think he went all method acting and nuts?

I honestly don't mind the Affleck as batman. I just can't trust a Snyder goyer joint now. Make the movie like the first 10 minutes of watchmen again....
From what I understand Ben has had long term serious issues with alcohol and gambling addictions. And I think they gave it a solid try but in the end it just was not getting better.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
From what I understand Ben has had long term serious issues with alcohol and gambling addictions. And I think they gave it a solid try but in the end it just was not getting better.
That's got to be a weird ass thing. You're going through all this hardcore personal life shit that's out in the public and then have to do Comic-Con and press when you probably don't give two fucks. I mean, you're making millions of dollars, so sure but still weird.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like a Superman movie which should tell you everything you need to know about how good it is. Obligatory Superman questions his place in the world returns to the farm for some good old homespun advice from the Kents.

PLOT TWIST: Mom's feeling bitchy!

Cavill is the worst Superman honestly. Godlike power here on Earth and he can't wipe that mopey expression of his face. Oh it's so tough!
I loved the Christopher Reeves' version, and hated Cavill in the role. The only expression he ever showed is the one where it looks like he's going to take a super-dump. Man of Steel ruined the character for me.