BattleBots

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basically you are allowed to have mini bots as long as the combined weight of all bots falls under the weight maximum. Basically they are used as disposable hinderances most are lil wedges to try to disrupt the driving of the opponents bot and help tee them up for your main bot to get a better angle at.

In general they mostly just die horribly but sometimes can do some useful stuff and most are tiny and really basic so if you lose them its no big deal.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That bot with the Birthday Present was pretty damn hilarious. Fight was over in 10 seconds.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Icewave so far is my favorite bot. Those flipper bots can die in a fire. They are little pussy bots.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I am so happy this is back. I have really enjoyed the first 3 episodes but I don't see how anyone is going to beat tombstone and icewave unless something like Bronco gets lucky and flips them.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So happy this show is back. Actually went and saw the old version live in San Fran with my dad once. It was pretty damn fun. I'm pretty behind on this remake though, does anyone know if the team who made Disector is back with it or a new bot? Shit was boss.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Icewave so far is my favorite bot. Those flipper bots can die in a fire. They are little pussy bots.
The only flipper bot I respect is bronco. If you are going to flip things you may as well do it with authority and bounce them off the roof.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I looked at the website and the only Full Body Spinner in the competition was Captain Shredderator. That bums me out, those are the best.

That means I have to cheer for Tombstone and Icewave. Because heavy bar spinners are next best at creating destruction. Tombstone is ridiculous and I love the builder guy. He's just straight up about the fact that his entire robot is just a platform for that crazy weapon.

400mph with the longer bar. Icewave and the other spinner weapons are being touted as 300. So yeah...

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I looked at the website and the only Full Body Spinner in the competition was Captain Shredderator. That bums me out, those are the best.
Tilford's Mauler was always my favorite. I'm sure I posted this earlier in the thread. But they used to beat the best, and lose randomly due to full body spinners being probably the worst type of physics you can use in a competition where the opponent gets to hit back. One random dent and their machine would fucking FLY APART. I really love the destruction they wreak though...wonder if they still make robots.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
nightmare has a really vicious weapon but it is really vulnerable from anybody who can drive to hit it from the side. Its tall tippy and has no good way to right itself once flipped. its rear is also really vulnerable to attack by more nimble bots.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nightmare has a really vicious weapon but it is really vulnerable from anybody who can drive to hit it from the side. Its tall tippy and has no good way to right itself once flipped. its rear is also really vulnerable to attack by more nimble bots.
All the really strong vertical spinning weapons have this problem. There's some called drum spinners that use a wide weight drum with teeth that spins upward, makes for a much bigger impact area and a bit better control I guess since the weight is spread out. Even those ones though have the problem with turning.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some old fights were Tombstone gets pwned:

In the first video I think if he drove better he definitely could have won that fight.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I remember watching this many years ago and so glad it got posted here that it was running again.

Oh, and GO BRONCO!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basically you have to have something with a strong enough slanted front pannel to deflect at least some of the hit from the spinner up and then get close and get the blade stopped then do something bad to it. That said given his revamps that blade is just so nasty short of a mechanical failure its hard to see what bot would beat him unless tombstone meets icewave in a tide of mutal destruction.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember watching this many years ago and so glad it got posted here that it was running again.

Oh, and GO BRONCO!
Apparently next weeks match with bronco shows off bronco throwing another bot into a flaming 720 flip.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That's a good match. The bot the won was very well designed for that kind of match. Battlebots should do some 2v2 or 4v4.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It seems like a super low flipper bot might be able to get under the big blade. I think I would almost be tempted to put some sort of sacrificial armor on the front to absorb the first blow and then hope you can recover faster than tombstone does and get behind him for a flip or something. Icewave has sort of an advantage that the blade goes all the way around it where Tombstone is somewhat vulnerable from the back.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Icewave is pretty amazing. I don't know how the hell he designed that blade to be so strong and get spinning back up so quickly. Pretty mean fucker.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The fact that it has a gasoline engine is also pretty cool. For some reason I still think Tombstone is going to win though, it just seems like a more solidly built machine.

BTW, that first video of Tombstone losing was awesome.