Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm gettin' older and more blind.. but I really can't tell a difference visually between bf3 and this trailer. Aside from character and facial models which I do think look better orrr.. more realistic? I agree that it looks like they took a cue from CoD and have a ton of bombastic set pieces and out of this world exploding shit taking place all around you. Shit sorta gets old after a while..

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
The only way I will pick this up is if they improve the destructibility of the maps like it was in BFBC2. Because otherwise this looks like it could just be an expansion pack DLC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only way I will pick this up is if they improve the destructibility of the maps like it was in BFBC2. Because otherwise this looks like it could just be an expansion pack DLC.
Among the new additions is a much improved destruction feature where buildings can be completely destroyed (like in Bad Company 2, only at a much greater level and detail), a better lighting system, new animations, a brand new weather system, and more.

http://bf4central.com/2013/03/battle...e-frostbite-3/

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Still think its funny BF2 was originally supposed to be 128 players then was scaled back to 64, but here we are 10 years later still at 64.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have to agree.. this felt like bf3 dlc, not an entirely new engine.

Here waiting for a shooter that will go back to the health pack system.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I think it's hilarious that BF4 isn't releasing on the Wii U. They're already skipping the first "next-gen" system for the ones that aren't even released yet, hahaha.
Neither are ME4, DA3, Theif 4, Witcher 3 or the majority of the rest of the next gen 3rd party games. Why single out this one? Seriously, Nintendo and 3rd party games haven't been compatible for quite some time. Besides Wii U may technically be next gen but who the fuck really considers it that?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So they are making the same game again +1 instead of changing settings. Pass.
250+ hours spent in BF3 Multi but this one looks like a pass at least as long as its $50+. Will probably pick it up on a sale.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Im amazed at how quick people are to write this game off without hearing or seeing anything about the MP. The mind boggles...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea I get it, EA is money hungry and cares fuck all about consumers. That much has been established for awhile. But to say you spent x amount of hours playing BF3 and in the same paragraph dismiss its predecessor without even knowing what it is your dismissing is absurd. I mean cmon, i'm not saying you shouldn't be skeptical but all these sweeping declarations of unfounded assumptions are a bit premature.
And yea let's go ahead and say it IS a cash grab (which of course it is, everyone is out to make money ALWAYS) wouldn't 60 dollars be fair for another 250+hours of game play the dude who posted above claimed to have spent playing BF3? I spend more than that going out to a bar any random night. Seems like everyone tries too hard to hate on shit these days, makes me sad.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really disliked BF3 so that's my reason, I don't know about anyone else.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yea I get it, EA is money hungry and cares fuck all about consumers. That much has been established for awhile. But to say you spent x amount of hours playing BF3 and in the same paragraph dismiss its predecessor without even knowing what it is your dismissing is absurd. I mean cmon, i'm not saying you shouldn't be skeptical but all these sweeping declarations of unfounded assumptions are a bit premature.
And yea let's go ahead and say it IS a cash grab (which of course it is, everyone is out to make money ALWAYS) wouldn't 60 dollars be fair for another 250+hours of game play the dude who posted above claimed to have spent playing BF3? I spend more than that going out to a bar any random night. Seems like everyone tries too hard to hate on shit these days, makes me sad.
What they showed off isnt what you would call a sequel, plain and simple. And honestly the fact that is heading to 360/PS3 instead of 720/PS4 should really all tell us the likely hood of there being any radical changes(more realistic destruction, 128 players) is not going to happen.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I expect they're being mum about next gen releases until after the next gen XBox presser where they'll probably show their entire slate for MS and then afterwards confirm which are coming to PS4 also, including this title.

I'm not a big PVP/multiplayer guy, I've enjoyed the stories in several of these games. The original Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Modern Warfare are some of my favorite experiences this gen. As multiplayer got bigger the single player got worse, haven't really bothered for a while. Will be interesting to me to see if their BF autolog-style feature means there's a nice campaign to go through or just a bunch of bite sized scenarios designed to be repeated over and over to compete for the best score.