Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
What they showed off isnt what you would call a sequel, plain and simple. And honestly the fact that is heading to 360/PS3 instead of 720/PS4 should really all tell us the likely hood of there being any radical changes(more realistic destruction, 128 players) is not going to happen.
That's my point exactly, they didn't show off much besides some SP showing off the improved (no matter how incremental you may feel it to be, it's improved) Frostbite engine. Thats it, everything else is unknown.
New content,
New engine,
Higher number following the title,
Yup sounds like a sequal. What exactly qualifies a a MP based FPS sequal to you? Serious question.

There are also a few sources confirming a PS4 release though nothing official. 3rd party titles have to be pretty mum on that shit till everyones cards are on the table. If im wrong and it doesnt launch next gen then yea, pretty much fuck this game. Not gonna go grab my pitchfork and torch till I hear more details though.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
That's my point exactly, they didn't show off much besides some SP showing off the improved (no matter how incremental you may feel it to be, it's improved) Frostbite engine. Thats it, everything else is unknown.
New content,
New engine,
Higher number following the title,
Yup sounds like a sequal. What exactly qualifies a a MP based FPS sequal to you? Serious question.

There are also a few sources confirming a PS4 release though nothing official. 3rd party titles have to be pretty mum on that shit till everyones cards are on the table. If im wrong and it doesnt launch next gen then yea, pretty much fuck this game. Not gonna go grab my pitchfork and torch till I hear more details though.
I believe the point he is trying to make is that they could easily just sell this as a $20-30 DLC Expansion like pack, rather than try to charge the full $60 for a game that doesn't look all that much different from the previous entry.

And freaking lol at your "higher number" comment. Just slapping another number on does not make it a sequel.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I believe the point he is trying to make is that they could easily just sell this as a $20-30 DLC Expansion like pack, rather than try to charge the full $60 for a game that doesn't look all that much different from the previous entry.

And freaking lol at your "higher number" comment. Just slapping another number on does not make it a sequel.
And the point i'm trying to make is that there is no information to back any such claim. You or I have zero clue what content the game will offer so how can anyone make any such claim. Based on looks!? If you bothered actually reading any of my prior posts that would of been clear.

And numbers are quite literally used to keep order of sequential releases. Are you not aware how numbers work? Obviously a number ALONE doesn't make it a sequel in any way other than a technicality. Don't be silly maaan.

literally the exact same game from the trailer. how unfortunate they didn't just dump this 75 million budget directly into upgrading/DLCing BF3.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Devs really need to start realising that 'better graphics' doesn't mean shit to gamers anymore. The leap in this generation is too small to make a difference. More focus needs to be on innovative game mechanics not graphics and connectivity.

Fadaar

That guy
If they bring back the two-seater jets I might consider buying it day 1. Otherwise I'll wait on the reviews.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Will definitely buy. BF3 is probably the purchase I got the most enjoyment out of the past couple years.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will not buy. Battlefield 3 was cool once all the COD kids dropped offline. I don't see why I need to replace something that's fun with something that's exactly the same with "better graphics." Besides, I've had my fill of fighting against Russians and terrorists in desert countries.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Supposedly the destructibility will be back up to BC2 levels which is enough for me.

Dioblaire

<Donor>
cool I can't wait to pay for all the DLC of bf2 maps for the third time
I think this is going to be the main reason I won't get it, unless they include the maps that are already available in BF3.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont see why all the hate. Yeah its a quick turn around and smells of a cash grab but like others have said if they bring back total destruction like in BC2 and add a good amount of new weapons and more cool maps (like Tehran Highway, but that doesnt lag and works) it should be worth your money.

And when I mention T highway, Im not saying maps designed exactly like it, but the same in the sense that there are more interesting areas to fight in (in contrast to say more maps like caspian border).

Dioblaire

<Donor>
Dont see why all the hate. Yeah its a quick turn around and smells of a cash grab but like others have said if they bring back total destruction like in BC2 and add a good amount of new weapons and more cool maps (like Tehran Highway, but that doesnt lag and works) it should be worth your money.

And when I mention T highway, Im not saying maps designed exactly like it, but the same in the sense that there are more interesting areas to fight in (in contrast to say more maps like caspian border).
The hate is there because it is a blatant cash grab, just like CoD. I have paid a total of $100 for BF3, and now I highly doubt the maps that I have for three will transfer over and be playable in four : /

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
bf4-leaked.jpg

They can officially go fuck themselves if they think they can release a carbon copy of BF3 and make money.

bf4-leaked.jpg

Cybsled

Hmm commander mode. That was a pretty cool thing about Battlefield 2 (assuming he was good).