Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gulf of oman feels so fucking unbalanced and on ultra i cant see shit when the storm rolls in
Why the hell are you playing on ultra?

Everyone I know, regardless of set-up, is running everything at Low with Mesh Quality at Ultra. If you're trying to take scenic screenshots, by all means, continue using Ultra, but if you want to be able to accurately distinguish enemies amidst the color palette of foliage, explosions, and such, go with Low.

Metro has essentially been LVG simulator 2014. The new alleyway on the side is too narrow to be of any use seeing as one person with airburst or a few LVG's keep it on lockdown. Wru no explosive servers already, or (gasp) servers that explicitly limit things like LVG's / Airbursts.

On the bright side, it is a fantastic map to finish off the terribad Scout Elite / FY-JS bolt actions. Why these weapons were even coded into the game, I will never know.

Also: What the hell did they do to the F2000? It's basically a slightly lower ROF version of the FAMAS with some decreased base vertical recoil and nearly the same horizontal recoil. 3x FSM, wat?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I look forward to playing the minimal amount of metro required for unlocks and then filtering it out like Locker. Which probably cuts my server list in half.

I stopped ranking sniper rifles because the GOL Magnum can finish that off quite nicely.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I look forward to playing the minimal amount of metro required for unlocks and then filtering it out like Locker. Which probably cuts my server list in half.

I stopped ranking sniper rifles because the GOL Magnum can finish that off quite nicely.
I really don't understand why Dice continues to make such shit maps like Metro/Locker. I would rather poke myself in the eye with a nail than play those 2 fucking maps

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I really don't understand why Dice continues to make such shit maps like Metro/Locker. I would rather poke myself in the eye with a nail than play those 2 fucking maps
Because 50% of the players are found on 24/7 servers featuring exactly those maps. Look up how many people's #1 weapon is a fucking grenade.

(number completely pulled from ass. But I bet I'm being conservative, at least when it came to BF3 and Metro)

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Because 50% of the players are found on 24/7 servers featuring exactly those maps. Look up how many people's #1 weapon is a fucking grenade.

(number completely pulled from ass. But I bet I'm being conservative, at least when it came to BF3 and Metro)
Yeah I suppose that's true. I never really thought of it like that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Locker is actually a pretty good map if you learn the layout. There's 3-4 floors at any given point, so there's no reason to get choked unless you're a retard.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Here are a few other fun ones to ask yourself:

With 5-man squad sizes, why is every server cap still set to a factor of 4?

Why do people join 64 player tdm/dom servers - a mode balanced for 16 - and bitch incessantly about being spawn killed?

Why aren't maps designed with TWO uncaps for each side to start from?

Why do they keep allowing you to repair vehicles from the inside, when these vehicles become insanely over powered in every iteration of BF?

In Rush mode, the out of bounds area changes - why doesn't this include the area where the attackers and their vehicles spawn?

Why does the winning team get more vehicles to use? What if having less objectives caused more vehicles to spawn in your uncap, and respawn faster? "Bringing in the reserves"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Locker is actually a pretty good map if you learn the layout. There's 3-4 floors at any given point, so there's no reason to get choked unless you're a retard.
And each choke will have people stacked around the corner on opposite ends of a hallway. The only real trick is figuring out which one has the most unbalanced numbers, and either pick off the tards that charge your side or wait for enough tards on yours to run up and soak bullets.

Other tricks - mortar + the outside area. IRNV + smoke. Finding areas with favorable angles where you can shoot people's toes off without anyone being able to fire back.

Or you can just throw grenades. Lots and lots of grenades. Or work on your heal/supply/revive ribbons.

There's shit to do besides run in and die like a tard. Unfortunately, most of it is fucking boring. And it doesn't help that your screen shakes like an earthquake from start to finish.

Sure, there are games where you can flank. But those are usually turn into one sided shitstompings where you swiftly cap everything and then sit outside the uncap chanting "Warriors come out and play!

spronk

FPS noob
did the elevators function in bf3 metro? I had fun today morning in it, you get the elevator music while you go up and down in it (its on a timer) and the enemy team wasn't that aware of it at the start so it was awesome going up, killing half the team, then waving bye as the elevator shuts off and goes down. then of course they started keeping an eye on it, a small 2x2 room is not conducive for grenades
frown.png

i really enjoy metro and locker when I just wanna get some fast action style in, I don't wanna play the small chokepoint maps all the time but for a quick session or two its great, especially as ammo or medkit point whoring.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I just play domination mode when I want that. Which worked a lot better with the close quarters map pack from BF3.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
32 player locker is great, especially obliteration. It rarely leads to stalemate choke points.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
My only gripe with metro, aside from the aforementioned casualized nature of area-of-denial weaponry mixed with Metro, is the fact that smoke is useless. This was generally my go-to on the initial push to either get behind the enemy lines or flank them for the B cap. Seeing as it's completely useless, it's more a matter of concentrated tests of each respective flank by friends and I until we find one ready to break.

That side passage is just stupid and uncreative, but alas, this is DICE. Their development strategy as of late seems to be the opposite of even the most basic of level-headed common sense.

Hatorade: obliteration is great when you have a few buddies set up in armor and snipers taking out all the parachuters. As we often say during such moments, "it's raining casuals".

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The infantry focused maps really aren't that bad if you use defensive spec. Pretty much rules out being 1 shot ganked in most situations.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't have bought Second Assault standalone. I was tired of all these maps a year ago. And the update seems to do next to nothing for them. Metro is worse (airburst, bouncy grenades, etc), the attack boats on Oman aren't enough to stop US from being impossibly pinned down, the wall is a downgrade to Caspian, and I haven't played Firestorm yet.

Sulrn

Deuces
I enjoy locker and metro for what they are. Zavod is still my favorite map by far, but Locker is great for ranking my lmgs on flank runs and metro for DMRs (which feels like the aforementioned needle in eye -- seriously, what does DICE have against DMRs to make them so bad).

Smoke works perfectly fine for me on metro, especially at CQ B cap. Forcing people to stick to blind nade spam or to push through smoke to die to the army of non-rezzing assaults camping around the cap (regardless of team). I won't lie though. I also intentionally smoke in front of popular lvg/nade spamming spots and sit on top of an ammo crate to keep the game moving (in either direction).

Xalara

Golden Squire
I actually really liked Caspian. The extra routes into C are really nice, though the map feels smaller.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Silk Road and Guilin Peaks are my favorite of the current Conquest maps. Zavod is close.

Rush was my favorite mode in BC2 and one of my favorites in BF3 (I was pretty much unbeatable in CQDom and very good at Gun Master too.) But I hate pretty much all of the rush maps in BF4.