BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
i have 1 storage bin for xmas and it was b/c a coworker 20years ago came in and said, "hey you want all these lights and decorations? my wife doesn't use these anymore"(probably what you can do lulz)

and theyre nice decorations, theyre all in the box they came in (take out of box put back in box probably), all the lights work, i just spent a day untangling like 100lbs of lights, not complaining it was nice and free.

i don't hang lights on my house cuz fuck ladders (i have nice ladders, i'm just not gonna take the chance just to hang lights for santa)
She has like 7 or 8 30gal totes of christmas stuff, plus a bunch of stuff that does not fit in totes.

If I am in a storage garage listening to a podcast instead of inside a Hobby Lobby listening to the chatter of women and "All I Want for Christmas" piped through the speakers, I am winning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
at least your stuff gets used - there's a lot of stuff people will never use again they pay to store. My neighbor was paying $100/mo to store his wife's shoe collection and some clothes and they hadn't gone there in over a year. I said why not sell it all instead? Turns our her shit is all "retro" now, she got a couple hundred for some old concert tees and she is obsessed with selling stuff on ebay now

I was reading the reddit thread that Lanx Lanx shared and someone mentioned that their neighbor waits till after the holiday and buys all the decorations for 90% off and uses them the following year

I had a gf once with parents who had multiple storage units they seldom visited over the years, and they were constantly moaning about being broke. Took everything I had not to point out how ridiculous that was to them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She has like 7 or 8 30gal totes of christmas stuff, plus a bunch of stuff that does not fit in totes.

If I am in a storage garage listening to a podcast instead of inside a Hobby Lobby listening to the chatter of women and "All I Want for Christmas" piped through the speakers, I am winning.
yea, you don't have no young buck you can donate a tote to?

like "this here tote is full of white frosted lights, just all white lights and frosted, jfc, please take them"

• 1Like

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
yea, you don't have no young buck you can donate a tote to?

like "this here tote is full of white frosted lights, just all white lights and frosted, jfc, please take them"
My in-laws live with me.

My MIL is just like her and my FIL had two strokes this February.

This shit is a marathon bruv.
200.gif

• 1Like

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
Me and some of my bros do discord parties for ufc and boxing fights.

We are fps gamers also so we will watch pro apex and call of duty and stuff sometimes

Video games have kept me in touch with alot of my bros over the years. I have met some random homies online too. A couple of years ago I attended the wedding of a homie I met playing call of duty in a random lobby lol.

Tbh gaming for me evolved into purely a social thing, I rarely play when my friends aren't online. The only game I play offline is deep rock galactic survivor or other mindless survival games.
before the misc - I was on the workout equipment sub all the time - I have several legitimate IRL friends I made there.

actually I should tell you guys some stories of that crew - buying and flipping gym equipment got to be big $$$ 10-15 years ago and a bunch of us had a reputation for being a "gang" and basically getting the best deals and not sharing info or leads with outsiders (which is 100% true we totally did and didn't)

One quick one - so one of the guys was big in collecting Benchmark knives - he had some collector's edition, which was just a limited run handle color, and they go for more money than the standard version of that knife. Got into some argument over it with someone on Facebook that ended with that guy, referencing my friend's Facebook profile pic which was him and his daughter, calling his daughter a cunt. That didn't sit well. So he posted a screenshot in our closed Facebook group and said any of you guys bored and wanna fuck with this dude? Well three of us were that day and within two hours I found what church he went to and someone else had taken that info and found the church directory online that had his phone number listed. The third then took one of his burner emails and created a Craigslist post trying to rehome a capuchin monkey - because as he said, a lot of people want a free capuchin monkey. But a lot more people are self-righteous and wanna tell you that you shouldn't have a capuchin monkey as a pet. So yeah that guy got flooded with calls and texts - he was pleading with the burner email to take the ad down and he was toying with him telling him it was typo and he was working on fixing it, said it was fixed, thought he fixed it, etc. Took three days and the guy finally changed his phone number.

• 2Worf

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
before the misc - I was on the workout equipment sub all the time - I have several legitimate IRL friends I made there.

actually I should tell you guys some stories of that crew - buying and flipping gym equipment got to be big $$$ 10-15 years ago and a bunch of us had a reputation for being a "gang" and basically getting the best deals and not sharing info or leads with outsiders (which is 100% true we totally did and didn't)

One quick one - so one of the guys was big in collecting Benchmark knives - he had some collector's edition, which was just a limited run handle color, and they go for more money than the standard version of that knife. Got into some argument over it with someone on Facebook that ended with that guy, referencing my friend's Facebook profile pic which was him and his daughter, calling his daughter a cunt. That didn't sit well. So he posted a screenshot in our closed Facebook group and said any of you guys bored and wanna fuck with this dude? Well three of us were that day and within two hours I found what church he went to and someone else had taken that info and found the church directory online that had his phone number listed. The third then took one of his burner emails and created a Craigslist post trying to rehome a capuchin monkey - because as he said, a lot of people want a free capuchin monkey. But a lot more people are self-righteous and wanna tell you that you shouldn't have a capuchin monkey as a pet. So yeah that guy got flooded with calls and texts - he was pleading with the burner email to take the ad down and he was toying with him telling him it was typo and he was working on fixing it, said it was fixed, thought he fixed it, etc. Took three days and the guy finally changed his phone number.
Based.

Also noted not to get on your bad side. Lol.

• 1Solidarity

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
My in-laws live with me.

My MIL is just like her and my FIL had two strokes this February.

This shit is a marathon bruv.
200.gif
you got a 1yo, a 3yo and both ILs living with you?

you are a fucking saint!

Based.

Also noted not to get on your bad side. Lol.
his daughter was four at the time and absolutely adorable - that was horrible line to cross over the asking price of a knife

Edit: plus you have a ton of good will banked

• 1Solidarity

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
wtf is up with sports autists talking about the weirdest details and hypotheticals? Saw an article today on the NFL team I follow projecting which player and draft spot they are to land in 2025 in the first round. We're not even done with week 4 yet, ffs...

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
Fucken lol at throwing rocks and gifting this man the oppurtunity to fulfill every 12 year old's dream: running over someone's shit in a monster truck.

Approve Ron Swanson GIF by Parks and Recreation

• 2Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
  • 2Like

The Mongler

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha nice.

I'm currently playing Icarus through steam.

A couple hours after everyone goes to sleep so I can not think about anything for a minute.

Kids are 1 and 3 (about to be 4). Fuckers are relentless.
I know it's exhausting but I miss having kids that age around

• 2Like