Berserk

Column_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
kAeL4Gth7G7fLVzuJGjf6HpaJPq.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Berserk[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-07-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Spurred by the flame raging in his heart, the Black Swordsman Guts continues his seemingly endless quest for revenge. Standing in his path are heinous outlaws, delusional evil spirits, and a devout child of god.Even as it chips away at his life, Guts continues to fight his enemies, who wield repulsive and inhumane power, with nary but his body and sword—his strength as a human.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I've been waiting for this for awhile since I can't bring myself to read the manga.

If you watched the Berserk Movie series this happens right after the events of the last movie, and I believe follows the first arc of the manga.
The TV series isn't as nice to look at as the Movies, but it still pretty good. Enjoying it quite abit.

It's on the 2nd episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cybsled

Where is this being shown? I don't really follow anime anymore, but I'd always make time for Berserk.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
99% of the complaints are about the animation; it can be a little annoying. Its a shame because there's waaaaay better studios out there that could've made this show look ridiculously good.

Hopefully it improves over time. I know Knights of Sidonia was fairly robotic in animation for a while, but gradually changed for the better.

Berserk is still a good story, and we'll all keep watching anyway.

Column_sl

shitlord
The animation really isn't that bad for a TV series, they are judging it next to the movies which is ridiculous.
Also who are these people complaining? All the reviews from major sites have been positive.

If you ask me , short of the Japanese movies, pretty much all anime on TV is bad. Japanese are still doing limited animation techniques in 2016 made popular by Hanna Barbera back in the 60's...

Malkav

French Madman
The animation really isn't that bad for a TV series, they are judging it next to the movies which is ridiculous.
Also who are these people complaining? All the reviews from major sites have been positive.

If you ask me , short of the Japanese movies, pretty much all anime on TV is bad. Japanese are still doing limited animation techniques in 2016 made popular by Hanna Barbera back in the 60's...
Haven't watched any TV anime by, say, Ufotable for instance, have you?

And seriously, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Berserk to this fucking studio :Millepensee - Anime Producer - MyAnimeList.net?

Column_sl

shitlord
Haven't watched any TV anime by, say, Ufotable for instance, have you?

And seriously, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Berserk to this fucking studio :Millepensee - Anime Producer - MyAnimeList.net?
Trying to translate your weeb nonsense, and it's all the same shit. Anime bust's a nut on action scenes, and everything else looks like animation from the Flinstones... I.E. limited garbage animation that makes it look like a motion comic

Try watching some Disney movies, or old WB cartoons sometimes, that is real animation..

Japanese had one radical movie where they actually recorded the dialogue first then animated to it, and that was Akira in the 80's... After that everything else has been the same technique... Animate then dub pretty much moving storyboards.

Even Sword of the Stranger still fails on the acting parts. You have to get into some really genius level directors to see something exceptional like Miyazaki.

Sulrn

Deuces
So there is an animated series (dead in water), an animated movie series (dying?), and now a movie companion series?

Why can't they go back to the gritty animated series from like 6 years ago and pick up from the demons being unleashed en masse.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So there is an animated series (dead in water), an animated movie series (dying?), and now a movie companion series?

Why can't they go back to the gritty animated series from like 6 years ago and pick up from the demons being unleashed en masse.
What in the goddamn fuck are you talking about?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That "gritty anime series" was closer to 20 years ago hah. It aired in 1997-1998.

The movies are done, as they were specifically for the Golden Age arc, which is the prequel to the current animated series. The three Golden Age movies covered everything in the arc, so there's no more in that range.

The old animated series from the late 90s also omitted a key character, and without that character they wouldn't be able to actually follow the Berserk storyline very well in the first place. But either way, this modern series takes place after the movies and the original series.

Sulrn

Deuces
I knew they were old but I didn't think they got dubbed until mid 2000's, that's my bad. Knowing they omitted a character makes more sense why it was never continued. As for the movies I thought they were still fighting to continue the progression beyond golden age via the movies? That's not the case either?

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Those movies are really good for anyone who hasn't seen them.
As a die-hard fan of the original series, the movies are pretty bad. I mean, it's nice to see everything with improved animation and sound, but it's a summary of the story. It's like GoT condensed into 3 movies. Ugh.

Anywho, does this pick up right after the events of the series, or somewhere around there?