Berserk

Perrito_sl

shitlord
The animation really isn't that bad for a TV series, they are judging it next to the movies which is ridiculous.
Also who are these people complaining? All the reviews from major sites have been positive.
Berserk(2016) - 02 - Star Crossed Anime Blog : Star Crossed Anime Blog

[...] Now here we are with a brand new adaption covering material never adapted before and we shall finally see the rest of berserk in its true glory?.right? We it?s times like this that I wonder if Muira named his manga series rather appropriately, for the fans are most certainly berserk and for good reason. [...]

Column_sl

shitlord
Good bit of stuff went down in episode 3, seemed longer then the last 2 episodes.

King died, so I'm guessing Femto is about to apear soon

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As someone who hasn't really read the manga,

Griffith has formed one hell of a squad. This is gonna get good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Water+fight+i+love+berserk+but+this+is+the+one_caef0f_4659620.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Watched it recently and it was fine. Only problem I have is the music. It is way worse than the amazing music the 90s series had. And it is all over the place with its tone.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
They haven't really leveraged any of Hirasawa's music for the second season.

HAI YOOOOOOO

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be honest. I like Berserk as a concept, but the first 2 episodes of this season have done absolutely nothing for me. Granted, the animation is great. I like the rugged look of the show. The fighting/violence is good as well. But the story the first two episodes was more of the same as it always is. Great, Griffith is back. I don't care. Guts is still just Guts'ing around. Blah blah. I was really about to consider this my first officially dropped show of the season (I'm actually watching 12 or 13 right now). But episode 3 introduced the new witch characters, and suddenly my interest is renewed. Maybe it's because they both appear as likeable characters, and not just angry menacing things the way EVERYTHING else is.

But I give the newest episode an A+.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'll be honest. I like Berserk as a concept, but the first 2 episodes of this season have done absolutely nothing for me. Granted, the animation is great. I like the rugged look of the show. The fighting/violence is good as well. But the story the first two episodes was more of the same as it always is. Great, Griffith is back. I don't care. Guts is still just Guts'ing around. Blah blah. I was really about to consider this my first officially dropped show of the season (I'm actually watching 12 or 13 right now). But episode 3 introduced the new witch characters, and suddenly my interest is renewed. Maybe it's because they both appear as likeable characters, and not just angry menacing things the way EVERYTHING else is.

But I give the newest episode an A+.
Read the Manga, they never adapted the first arc onto TV/Movie and it's possibly the best bit of the whole thing.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like next week we get a showdown between Guts and one of the new Hawk members. Can't fucking wait.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It said Band of the Hawk, but it also said he was an Apostle. So which is it, or somehow both? What exactly is Griffith anyway? And what's up with the demon egg thing that Guts carries around? I know it showed the things history a long time ago, but I don't remember the importance. But it seems like it's something that should be killed rather than carried around.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean I guess maybe I spoiled it but I just know from reading random Wiki articles on the shit that Griffith's new squad is called the Neo Band of the Hawk (I think).

The thing he carries around is a Behelit. They sort of went into it in the movies, (the Crimson Behelit that Griffith had was more of a special one I think) but they are mostly associated with bringing demon nasties from "that world" into the real world. Behelits are also what the Skull Knight was talking about when he brought out his fancy new sword, he's collected a bunch of them and turned them into a weapon, one that basically lets him cut dimensional holes for warp hacking, among other cool shit too I can imagine.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It said Band of the Hawk, but it also said he was an Apostle. So which is it, or somehow both? What exactly is Griffith anyway? And what's up with the demon egg thing that Guts carries around? I know it showed the things history a long time ago, but I don't remember the importance. But it seems like it's something that should be killed rather than carried around.

Griffith is basically a tier above Apostles. He is one of the five members of Godhand. He took a human form again, when he was reborn into the world at the monastery. Now he is reforming the Band of the Hawk, which also include a lot of apostles.

The demon egg (behelit) I think lets you open a connection to Godhand in your moment of despair or death. They can make you an Apostle or in Griffith case a member of Godhand, if you sacrifice the thing dearest to yourself (Griffith sacrificed the Band of the Hawk and this is where Guts / Casca go the brand from). Guts has it, because he wants to reach Godhand and kill them. The old Lady is worried, because she fears he will sacrifice everything to get revenge.

I hope that clears it up a bit. The author of Berserk did a lot of drugs iirc and it shows.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

As Ridas said, the new "Band of the Hawk" uses all Apostles for lieutenants. Apostles, as it seems, have been seeded in the world specifically for the purpose of eventually serving the God Hand--and the God Hand's 'emissary' to the world is the white hawk (Griffith) who is the 5th finger of the God Hand (The final one).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow guys read the Manga, the first arc Black Swordsman is the best and it's never been adapted. They also skipped half of the third arc with the Lost Children mission which I guess was too brutal to show, they did cut out a lot of the troll rape and exploding pregnant women last episode.

I loved the movies but hated the first season for butchering the Blackswordsman Arcs. Season two is pretty great so far though.