Best mind blowing movie.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The Empire Strikes Back when I saw it for the first time as a 7 year old.
Whats funny about the Vader daddy plot twist is that Lucas had no idea he was going to go that direction even as he was writing his first drafts. It was a complete asspull that turned out to be one of the biggest moments in cinema.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Devil's Advocate

No matter what Keanu ended up doing didn't matter because it was still part of the devils plan.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Donnie Darko stands out for me. The movie either hit for you, or it didn't. It was also a good metric for me back in my youth to gauge how arrogant any one of my friends was if they were so up their own ass that they were incapable of appreciating it. And I mean a really good metric.

Honorable mention to Butterfly Effect. (as cheaply executed as it was, and as dated as the cinematography was, it was still able to hit)

That is in the same vein as Donnie Darko-- these could be life-changing movies if viewed at the appropriate time in your development, depending on your background and life story.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After reading this thread I watched 'Primer' tonight. Many thanks to all those who recommended it. Awesome film.

Departed.
Prestige.
Fight Club.
Usual Suspects.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Donnie Darko stands out for me. The movie either hit for you, or it didn't. It was also a good metric for me back in my youth to gauge how arrogant any one of my friends was if they were so up their own ass that they were incapable of appreciating it. And I mean a really good metric.

Honorable mention to Butterfly Effect. (as cheaply executed as it was, and as dated as the cinematography was, it was still able to hit)

That is in the same vein as Donnie Darko-- these could be life-changing movies if viewed at the appropriate time in your development, depending on your background and life story.
Count me in as an arrogant prick up my own ass then. I fucking hated Donnie Darko as pretentious bullshit, and it has tarnished Jake Gyllenhall in my eyes ever since.

I did, however, love Butterfly Effect.