Best mind blowing movie.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Not well known, but I was quite impressed.

rrr_img_42670.jpg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
saw that shit.total garbage.i think the director thought "let's put in a movie the craziest ideas we can think of ,let's go ape shit!!"

but there are other "movies" (?) like that (didn't see any):

Pink Flamingos
Men Behind the Sun
Sal?
Antichrist
Faces of Death
Melancholie der Engel (from the scene's description...WTF?!?)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
most of the new ones have been mentioned, but lets not forget some of the old timey ones.
i am not sure if murder type mysteries count, if so then,

The Scarlet Claw
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037248/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
I thought it was a basic sherlock holmes movie and for the most part it was. but the ending was not something i expected.
basically the killer has outwitted sherlock holmes and watson at every turn and manages to killl every person he wanted to with holmes helpless to stop it. holmes finally catches on at the very end but by then its kind of pointless, but it at least has a pretty brutal ending with the father of the young murdered girl killing the fuck out of the killer. still not a typical SH movie.

then there is Psycho and you really think its the crazy ass mom killing everyone. on a similar note Friday The 13th keeps you guessing who the killer is. everyone thought the killer was the crazy old man or the dickhead cop up until the end and when the killer is revealed everyone is like, "who the fuck is that?"

i was also massively surprised by the reveal in Hot Fuzz. i suspected one or 2 people , but not that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've had "The Game" on DVD for years now. I didn't know that it was ever released on Blu-Ray. When I saw the screen shot earlier in this thread, I quickly ran to Amazon to buy it. It came in yesterday. Awesome, love this movie.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you were mind blown by The Departed.. you probably didn't watch, the by far superior original:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/
That movie was godlike, IA2 & 3 though.. not so great lol.

I want to agree with people saying Requiem for a Dream.. but I don't classify that as mind blowing, it's pretty evident from the beginning where the movie is going, it's just hard to watch it all happen. Specially seeing his mothers downfall like that, after i watched that for the first time i had to call my mom after those last couple scenes of the movie, that shit was haunting lol.

I suppose the double dildo was a little mind blowing though~

Oldboy on the other hand, entirely mind blowing, I didn't see it coming at all until right as he opened the present.
The Truman Show, Looper & Donnie Darko are up there for me as well.

Oh and Falling Down.. that movie was cray.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"The Sting" Note that I'm talking about the old Robert Redford movie, because there is probably some shitty Syfy movie about a human-bee hybrid with the same name.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Even the Sting 2 wasn't bad. Though not as great as the first. I still whistle the theme to that movie. Horse betting > *

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Decent movies worth checking out: Machinist, Pi, The Illusionist, Frailty, Pan's Labyrinth, The Fall, A Scanner Darkly, The Jacket, The Fountain.

PS. Cypher.
Eh saw the Machinist and wasnt too impressed. Nice dedication Bale put into the role but movie was just average at best imo.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's really the only reason people talk about the Machinist. He goes from being emaciated to super buff (Batman) back to back. Bale is crazy like that.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
No mention of Mulholland Drive yet? That freaked me the fuck out when I first saw it, and for years I was intrigued by what hidden meanings were buried within the abstract hodgepodge. Well, until it was made clear that there was no hidden meaning and the movie is pretty much designed to mess with the audience for the sake of Lynch messing with the audience. I still give it props for being so weird and somewhat disturbing, though.
I'm pretty sure that Mulholland Drive is definitely about something and absolutely nothing that Lynch has ever done is him messing with the audience. He tosses some red herrings in but they still tie in with what the movie is about and just seem random because they're all out of order. He's crazy but he's artist crazy and a perfectionist so every tiny detail has some kind of meaning. For some reason a lot of the pieces clicked together in Mulholland Drive for me really easy but I'm still at a loss for Lost Highway.

On a side note, every time someone says they "figured out" the Sixth Sense or Fight Club halfway through...
This is always suspect. Fight Club and The Sixth Sense are somewhat believable since the movies are built around the twist and rewatching to see all of the clues but there are some movies where this is just complete bullshit. I had a chemistry teacher who insisted that he knew Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze form the beginning of the movie and it was really easy to figure out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
2nd best part of mulholland drive
number 1 being the hot lesbian scene with Naomi Watts and the brunette chick. after i watched that scene when i went to the movies to see King Kong i was distracted every time i saw her on camera.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is always suspect. Fight Club and The Sixth Sense are somewhat believable since the movies are built around the twist and rewatching to see all of the clues but there are some movies where this is just complete bullshit.
I figured it out because i thought halfway through the movie there has to be a twist because no way in hell they can field that many good actors and allready superstar brad pitt in a like 2 hour movie about building a fighting club to beat shit out of each other because our society has simply gone to shit.
Also i couldnt enjoy it after that and just thought it was meh.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure I would say best (thought the story sort of ties together in the end), but a movie that certainly hurt my mind a bit was

The Holy Mountain.

I think it is from 1973. It is impossible to explain other than to say that the insane crazy that it appears to be, does tie together. It has a background topic that is important and well ahead of its time (economic issues controlling us all).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hol...281973_film%29

Was funded by John Lennon, did not know that until I looked it up now.

But the movie itself I think was just cast and crew on a total LSD trip for a few months. Within the first five minutes a drunken Jesus who has pissed himself is put on a cross and stoned by kids, where he proceeds to scare off the people who throws stones with RAAAAAAAAR sounds and he has a joint with a little midget missing his arms and legs (real). Then they travel to a town where they shoot a bunch of people on a parade with skinned and crucified dogs while tourists watch and take pictures of bodies, soldier has sex with a tourist next to them, then you pan to a model city filled with toads dressed as aztecs which are then blown up while jesus jumps around. Actual dialogue up to this point is 0.

I dunno. That is just few minutes. It is a visual trip so to speak, with points that tie together, but it is hard to do it in one sitting. Old man pulling his glass eye out giving it to the child prostitute coming out of the church made me look away.

As to regular movies

The Matrix (first showing at the movies, never seen those effects before)
Sixth Sense
Memento

Not watched a movie that surprised me in years. I hate movie trailers now. They give away far too much of the plot.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Has anyone mentioned Now You See Me yet? Just watched it over the weekend and was very impressed. And I completely didn't see the twist coming.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Isn't that the one about plants that kill people?
Speaking of which, Little Shop of Horrors almost had an absurdly dark ending. It's actually pretty awesome to sit and watch -

Part 3 is where things go completely off the fucking rails

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The Happening I think that was what you're thinking of. Had Marky Mark and a guy die to a lawnmower