Better Call Saul

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just pointing out that so far the Mike story line and where he winds up is much more interesting than the Jimmy/Saul story line. In some ways I feel Mike could have been a show in itself if they wanted to devote the time to it while Jimmy seems really shallow in comparison. He was shown to be a shady guy going back to very early on in the first show. He becomes and attorney and everyone knows they are crooked lol. Being a cop and going thru what we already knew Mike wound up is a big stretch.
The Jimmy stuff is just as interesting. I don't understand how anyone is bored with it. I guess from being a John grisham fan for decades I am used to the law stuff so I find it captivating watching Jimmy wiggle and waggle his way through it with almost no regard for playing it straight. Jimmy is awesome even if he comes off as a piece of shit sometimes. I do wish they would have had more present day stuff. They keep teasing it and I want to see what breaks him out from his lame cinnabon job

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well Jimmy is about digging a hole deeper each week instead of walking away. I guess that's semi interesting. Another is a man who got involved trying to protect his family. Sorry, to me that is much more interesting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just pointing out that so far the Mike story line and where he winds up is much more interesting than the Jimmy/Saul story line. In some ways I feel Mike could have been a show in itself if they wanted to devote the time to it while Jimmy seems really shallow in comparison. He was shown to be a shady guy going back to very early on in the first show. He becomes and attorney and everyone knows they are crooked lol. Being a cop and going thru what we already knew Mike wound up is a big stretch.
Mike's pretty much an action hero who always has everything figured out. It's cool in small doses, but an hour of that every week would get old fast.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
People half watching the show are more easily enthralled by the action related to Mike's story line because it's often violence, which still resonates well without as much depth and subtext. There is still plenty of depth and subtext in Mike's side of the show, but you can easily watch the show, enjoy the violence, and not even notice a basic detail like that his car is a completely different color during the truck heist. The action on Jimmy's side isn't violence, so isn't as inherently interesting perhaps as it more often relies on the subtleties and nuance that is very much present in every scene.

This discussion reminds of years ago in a freshman fiction class where many of the stories started out with rambling backstory, so the professor gave a lesson on how stories will grab a reader more if they start with actual action instead of backstory. Half the class rewrote their stories to include and start with an explosion or car chase and were then confused how that didn't improve their stories.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So far 3/4 of the way thru season 2 Jimmy has been nothing but predictable. That's what makes it less interesting than Mike. Sorry if that offends people. Just stating an opinion. I wouldn't call Mike very action oriented, at least yet. He's been very slow and methodical so far.

Sterling

El Presidente
So far 3/4 of the way thru season 2 Jimmy has been nothing but predictable. That's what makes it less interesting than Mike. Sorry if that offends people. Just stating an opinion. I wouldn't call Mike very action oriented, at least yet. He's been very slow and methodical so far.
That's a reasonable position to take. I don't really mind that it seems like Jimmy can literally not help himself so it is predictable, but I'm still wanting to see the trainwreck unfold. Mike is awesome though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
jesus christ Chuck is a cancer to this show. The finale felt like a filler episode with 2/3 of it being wasted on Chuck and his bullshit condition.

It HAD to be Gus who left the note on Mikes car right? Can't think of anyone else who would have a motive to do so besides Nacho and he was in the house at the time.

Don't worry we'll find out in 8-12 months!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jesus christ Chuck is a cancer to this show. The finale felt like a filler episode with 2/3 of it being wasted on Chuck and his bullshit condition.

It HAD to be Gus who left the note on Mikes car right? Can't think of anyone else who would have a motive to do so besides Nacho and he was in the house at the time.

Don't worry we'll find out in 8-12 months!
im pretty sure thats who it was, they wouldnt have teased anyone else for the finale. that being said, it was a bullshit teaser, especially for an episode which only a few things happened. actually all that happened of any importance was chuck finally conned jimmy because he has hated him for a long time and the "don't" note on mike's car. pretty fucking flimsy for a 65 minute final episode of the season. it would have been a great episode if it was maybe in the middle of the season, but this was just lame.

i do have to say i felt every bit as claustrophobic as chuck during his his treatment and when he was first brought into the hospital. it made it feel even more realistic when i heard the voice calling him charles while they shine stuff on him . cuz ya know thats my name too.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
im pretty sure thats who it was, they wouldnt have teased anyone else for the finale. that being said, it was a bullshit teaser, especially for an episode which only a few things happened.
Yeah I'm just rustled by the fact that nothing really happened and now we have to wait a year for more. Season 1 gave me a giant Breaking Bad boner but Season 2 was pretty ehhhh. I hope Chuck dies in the first episode of Season 3 so we can get back to the adventures of Saul, Mike and Gus.

Gus teaser was also kind of lame (from a newbie show watcher perspective) if it's true because there are still subhumans out there that never saw Breaking Bad and don't know what the fuck a Gus is. On the other hand no fucks are given if they can't be bothered to watch BB.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Well: A) Chuck sucks. B) Was hoping we'd at least meet Gus.

Would've been a really solid penultimate for this season, but yeah. Not the greatest finale.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great show but they are spreading it too thin. I understand they want to stretch it out over multiple seasons, but the show could pack a lot more punch if they weren't so focused on longevity.

And while the season finale was "ok" for a typical episode, it was piss-poor for a season finale. Season finales need at least one or more of the following: some type of big reveal; some type of important resolution; some type of serious event (like a character death); some type of character-defining moment; and/or a big cliff-hanger. It would be a pretty big stretch to say that episode had any of those things.

It's well-written and interesting enough for me to watch Season 3, but I won't be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next season to start.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I had to double check to see if that was the season finale because that was weak as hell.

Gus tease is was underwhelming, if it even was a Gus tease. Kinda stupid too, nobody else heard the horn? Mike parked at the perfect distance away so the sound carried only to him and Gus or Gus's men somehow knew this. They left a note so they don't want Mike dead, but setting off a guys horn in the middle of nowhere when he's trying to snipe a bunch of murderous cartel members is a great way to get someone killed.

Cliffhanger was stupid too. The tape brings nothing new to the table. It could be enough to ruin Jimmy's relationship with Kim, but Kim already knows. It could be enough to get Jimmy fired, except he works for himself. Chuck is literally a signature away from being committed to a mental hospital so his primary caregiver confessing to a crime while trying to talk him down from a complete mental break down doesn't seem like it would go very far. Unless Chuck gathers a mountain of evidence he's too far gone pose a threat to Jimmy. So that's what s3 will probably be about, Chuck making his case to take Jimmy down.

Caliane

I had to double check to see if that was the season finale because that was weak as hell.

Gus tease is was underwhelming, if it even was a Gus tease. Kinda stupid too, nobody else heard the horn? Mike parked at the perfect distance away so the sound carried only to him and Gus or Gus's men somehow knew this. They left a note so they don't want Mike dead, but setting off a guys horn in the middle of nowhere when he's trying to snipe a bunch of murderous cartel members is a great way to get someone killed.

Cliffhanger was stupid too. The tape brings nothing new to the table. It could be enough to ruin Jimmy's relationship with Kim, but Kim already knows. It could be enough to get Jimmy fired, except he works for himself. Chuck is literally a signature away from being committed to a mental hospital so his primary caregiver confessing to a crime while trying to talk him down from a complete mental break down doesn't seem like it would go very far. Unless Chuck gathers a mountain of evidence he's too far gone pose a threat to Jimmy. So that's what s3 will probably be about, Chuck making his case to take Jimmy down.
got to assume it was Gus. Also, Gus inducing the stroke with any number of poisons, makes alot more sense then Mike with firearms, etc. I was never really on board with "mike causes the stroke" because of that.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gus really doesn't seem like the type that would be in the middle of the desert to keep an eye on the Salamancas. Depending on how successful his restaurants and drug business is by this time, it'd be more likely he'd have someone to do that for him. Makes me wonder if the person who put the note on Mike's car was eitherVictororTyrus.