Better Call Saul

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't think Jimmy is going to end up in trouble. But I think him saying that on tape will be all Chuck needs to get him away from his current practice and being Kim's friend. This will ultimately be the final straw that forces him to become Saul Goodman, the shifty ambulance chaser.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I think the emergency guardianship is more important than ever. If Jimmy wanted to, he could still have chuck committed. Jimmy only told chuck that he released guardianship, he hasn't actually done it yet.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im pretty sure chuck has no intention of ever using that tape to ruin jimmy. i think he did it just to see if he could stoop to jimmy's level and outcon his own brother. and he could, which is probably terrifying to chuck who is a by the numbers at all costs kinda guy. the second jimmy finds out what chuck did, that will be a huge affirmation that chuck also will get down in the mud with him and jimmy wins. it also is flimsy at best because there is no proof other than that tape and jimmy even says "you arent just saying this to make me feel better are you? "and jimmy responds with "of course i am". all jimmy has to say is, my brother is fucking nuts and i would say anything to keep him under control. bam end of story. the only people who would believe that confession is maybe howard and kim. since kim already knows, all hes got is howard who really doesnt give too many fucks about jimmy.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Chuck is pretty vain. I could see him using the recording for nothing more than to demonstrate to Mesa Verde that he didn't fuck up and get their account back at HHM.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think Jimmy is going to end up in trouble. But I think him saying that on tape will be all Chuck needs to get him away from his current practice and being Kim's friend. This will ultimately be the final straw that forces him to become Saul Goodman, the shifty ambulance chaser.
Agreed. Kim is more important to Jimmy than anything at this point and that tape will likely be what ruins his relationship with her.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there will also be a big todo that makes jimmy change his name to Saul Goodman and move his offices to that strip mall or whatever it was. i think chuck is going to go down in flames and the mcgill name will be toast in that town or perhaps jimmy does something that makes his name mud which forces the identiry swap.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to go ahead and disagree and say Chuck will definitely use the tape and that it will put him in a courtroom against Jimmy one way or another. I felt like they have been foreshadowing a conflict like that for a while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Going to go ahead and disagree and say Chuck will definitely use the tape and that it will put him in a courtroom against Jimmy one way or another. I felt like they have been foreshadowing a conflict like that for a while.
are they gonna bake potato the courtroom for chuck? otherwise that aint gonna happen.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Well, we know Saul doesn't lose his license. So the aftermath of all this has to be the destruction of his relationship with Chuck and Kim.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
are they gonna bake potato the courtroom for chuck? otherwise that aint gonna happen.
Dunno- but he has "overcome" his "disorder" before during important events (like the Mesa Verde meeting where he left all electric stuff on- and then collapsed at the end).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, we know Saul doesn't lose his license. So the aftermath of all this has to be the destruction of his relationship with Chuck and Kim.
I guess you guys are way more positive than I am. I assumed he would get disbarred and then reapply under the Saul Goodman moniker. Who knows? But it is possible to get disbarred and then reapply.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
im pretty sure chuck has no intention of ever using that tape to ruin jimmy. i think he did it just to see if he could stoop to jimmy's level and outcon his own brother. and he could, which is probably terrifying to chuck who is a by the numbers at all costs kinda guy. the second jimmy finds out what chuck did, that will be a huge affirmation that chuck also will get down in the mud with him and jimmy wins. it also is flimsy at best because there is no proof other than that tape and jimmy even says "you arent just saying this to make me feel better are you? "and jimmy responds with "of course i am". all jimmy has to say is, my brother is fucking nuts and i would say anything to keep him under control. bam end of story. the only people who would believe that confession is maybe howard and kim. since kim already knows, all hes got is howard who really doesnt give too many fucks about jimmy.
I agree with the second part. If Jimmy just says he said it to make Chuck feel better since he was having an episode, plus the fact that Jimmy was recently given guardianship because Chuck was acting crazy means it wouldn't go anywhere.

Not so sure he wouldn't at least try to use it to ruin Jimmy, though. Chuck clearly has nothing but hate for him and will go to ridiculous lengths to screw him over.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dunno- but he has "overcome" his "disorder" before during important events (like the Mesa Verde meeting where he left all electric stuff on- and then collapsed at the end).
yeah,that meeting lasted a few hours and it completely drained chuck. a courtroom excursion will be like 5 or 6 a day and the bright lights will probably cause chuck to go catatonic. aint happening. his best plan is to fuck jimmy's relationship and reputation.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah,that meeting lasted a few hours and it completely drained chuck. a courtroom excursion will be like 5 or 6 a day and the bright lights will probably cause chuck to go catatonic. aint happening. his best plan is to fuck jimmy's relationship and reputation.
Probably right. I just wonder what that scene was about with Jimmy and Kim in bed when Jimmy says Chuck is the best lawyer he has ever seen and they agree it would suck to have to face him in a courtroom. I figured that for foreshadowing- especially in light of the tape incident, but who knows.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wasn't just disbarring, it was a felony. Knowing that his end game is to be actively be practicing law in the same city (I think they are in ABQ?) and state, would lead you to believe that Chuck does not purpose taking him down through legal channels, but rather personal ones.

Jimmy is willing to do anything to help the ones he loves. Chuck is willing to do anything to the ones he should love. There is something innately evil about that, like a mother that doesn't love her children.

At the center of every good story is the protagonist and the antagonist. Gilligan and crew didn't want to make a "case of the week" lawyer show, so they built of this mother Chucker to be the big-bad of Jimmy's universe. It just is not very fun to watch, just like Skyler busting Walt's balls all the time.

The problem with Better Call Saul, is that all we have had for 2 seasons is Jimmy getting his balls busted by Chuck. The Mike stuff is undoubtedly awesome, but this show isn't called "Mike the Fixer".

Prequels suck.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably right. I just wonder what that scene was about with Jimmy and Kim in bed when Jimmy says Chuck is the best lawyer he has ever seen and they agree it would suck to have to face him in a courtroom. I figured that for foreshadowing- especially in light of the tape incident, but who knows.
I thought it was obviously Kim saying "I know you did it, so you better have covered it up as well as you think you did -- otherwise Chuck is coming after you." That's why Jimmy leaves immediately to cover his remaining tracks.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought it was obviously Kim saying "I know you did it, so you better have covered it up as well as you think you did -- otherwise Chuck is coming after you." That's why Jimmy leaves immediately to cover his remaining tracks.
Yeah that seemed pretty clear to me as well. I think Kim was fine with Jimmy stealing back the account that she saw as being stolen from her as long as he doesn't get caught.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think you're forgetting it's all in his head. He can hold out as long as he thinks he needs to and just collapse at the end of every day.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, it could be limited to that. But I still think "Chuck coming after Jimmy" is going to have professional consequences for Jimmy. Chuck is a letter of the law guy and he doesn't let stuff go. He also doesn't want Jimmy practicing law, and this seems like a golden opportunity for him to do something about it.

If it isn't Chuck coming after Jimmy's job then what is it? Kim already knows what Jimmy did. I don't imagine showing Kim the tape of Jimmy admitting he did it for her would be a surprise to Kim.

It also makes more sense to have Jimmy's job threatened from a plot standpoint. Gilligan and co have dragged this out so far, but let's not forget these are still the guys who brought us Breaking Bad. I don't think they intend to have a whole season of "Kim is mad at Jimmy again." Shit's going to get ratcheted up fast from here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuck is at the commitment stage right now. Jimmy just has to bring in the guys with butterfly nets to scoop Chuck up and everyone would back him. It's not gonna go down that way. Chuck is just going to hamstring Jimmy because chuck is a jealous petty little bitch