Better Call Saul

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
He was a little too obvious. As others have said they could have driven home the point just fine with a subtler touch. But that's something I've said earlier too- this show seems to hyperbolize things in a way BB didn't.

That said, the cons Slippin Jimmy pulls are nothing like covert surveillance. He can lie and bullshit with the best of them, but that doesn't mean he can be subtle. In fact everything about Jimmy is unsubtle. He'd make a terrible fly-on-the-wall observer-- as we just saw.

So I'm cool with him being bad at surveillance in that scene- they just went a little far with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
yeah that was a good episode, elevated heavily by Gus and Mike of course. Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. What a schmuck.

The show is available in 4k on amazon now too about 16 hours after it airs, absolutely zero reason to watch it that way but I did, its a 11.6 gig download (lol) so probably won't do that again but gotta do something to justify buying a 4k TV. Looks amazing!

The los pollos hermanos slow burn logo rollover was a bit dumb, it was pretty obvious I think to everyone where they were by that point. The Gus intro though was fantastic, just a skinny dude in a yellow shirt cleaning the floor way, way in the back out of focus... and you stare at it and think... wait a second, is that FUCKING GUS FRING

Gilligan is sorta hands off the rest of the season, he's busy with his new HBO mini series about cult leader Jim Jones in Guyana
‘Better Call Saul’s’ ‘Breaking’ Point: How It’s Gearing Up for Gus Fring
It's available on Amazon Prime? I didn't realize they aired current shows like that! Will definitely watch it in 4k since I almost never watch it until a few days later anyway.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
q2ZTCwtpdOvdpG7NQ5v7pFN2W-esulgi2CRSSDMB8DQ.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i really hate that they try to put Saul in danger, cuz we all know it's empty threats.

He's not going to lose his license or get sued, cuz this is a prequel, it's pretty bullshit really.

What they could do instead is really build up Sauls relationship with Kim
Rhea-07-08-750x400.jpg

and put her and her career in danger instead, since her fate is unknown.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really hate that they try to put Saul in danger, cuz we all know it's empty threats.

He's not going to lose his license or get sued, cuz this is a prequel, it's pretty bullshit really.

What they could do instead is really build up Sauls relationship with Kim
View attachment 133999

and put her and her career in danger instead, since her fate is unknown.
her career is in danger, saul doesnt need to get convicted in order for him to be discredited in the eyes of the public. when he is in BB as Saul, he has a smaller office, seems to have only criminal clients and of course his name is changed. something happens where he loses his reputation, offices and kim. this may be it. kim burned bridges to be with jimmy, she may have to skip town to find work and escape her crooked law firm tag.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
her career is in danger, saul doesnt need to get convicted in order for him to be discredited in the eyes of the public. when he is in BB as Saul, he has a smaller office, seems to have only criminal clients and of course his name is changed. something happens where he loses his reputation, offices and kim. this may be it. kim burned bridges to be with jimmy, she may have to skip town to find work and escape her crooked law firm tag.
but he still has his license, so essentially he (and sugar tits) are unharmed, in that regard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
but he still has his license, so essentially he (and sugar tits) are unharmed, in that regard.
doesnt matter, that license is worthless if you dont have any clients and nobody will hire you because they think you're dirty. look at saul in BB. the cops and his clients think he is a slimy piece of shit, but is effective so he gets hired by desperate criminals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
i dunno if AMC would allow it, but they should keep it los pollos hermanos and clean up on tourists.

They have a plaque in the store. Same with Walter's house lol. The owners had to build a new wall to keep all the souvenir-hunting tourists out.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
It says something about the quality of the show that I'm rooting for the "bad" guys and feel for Jimmy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i also think its pretty neat how this show is setting up a huge FAQ for breaking bad. we find out how jimmy got where he was, we find out how mike, an ex cop ends up as Gus's and Jimmy's fixer. we find out why Tio Salamenca agrees to work with Walt to kill Gus. we will find out how jimmy got to have his wealth of friend of a friends to get walt out of his many binds. i assume at some point aaron paul will return to the show to cameo a few episodes of him becoming captain cook working with the salamenas as a low level dealer/cook. i also imagine jimmy is gonna meet up with hank and his crew at one point. its a beautiful thing.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can someone who knows law, like rank Jimmy's career?

like tier 0 he's a mailboy

tier 7 he works for that company???

how low is he from elder law jimmy to saul defending real criminals?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i also think its pretty neat how this show is setting up a huge FAQ for breaking bad. we find out how jimmy got where he was, we find out how mike, an ex cop ends up as Gus's and Jimmy's fixer. we find out why Tio Salamenca agrees to work with Walt to kill Gus. we will find out how jimmy got to have his wealth of friend of a friends to get walt out of his many binds. i assume at some point aaron paul will return to the show to cameo a few episodes of him becoming captain cook working with the salamenas as a low level dealer/cook. i also imagine jimmy is gonna meet up with hank and his crew at one point. its a beautiful thing.

Did you even watch BB?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And you don't know why Tio helped Walt kill Gus?
um, they were were enemies before breaking bad. so his nephews being killed was just the icing on the cake. the hatred in his voice when he said "The Chicken Man" in that flashback now has more meaning due to BCS. they have been fucking each other over for decades.