Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
um, they were were enemies before breaking bad. so his nephews being killed was just the icing on the cake. the hatred in his voice when he said "The Chicken Man" in that flashback now has more meaning due to BCS. they have been fucking each other over for decades.

What the hell are you talking about? Hector was high up in the cartel that killed Gus's partner 20 years before Breaking Bad. Hector hated Gus because he felt he was inferior to him and Gus would go visit and taunt Hector after he had the stroke and couldn't say anything back.

What has BCS shown that adds or changes any of that?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What the hell are you talking about? Hector was high up in the cartel that killed Gus's partner 20 years before Breaking Bad. Hector hated Gus because he felt he was inferior to him and Gus would go visit and taunt Hector after he had the stroke and couldn't say anything back.

What has BCS shown that adds or changes any of that?
it shows it was more than Tio's feefees. Gus was actively dismantling his operations. the dude didnt suicide bomb himself over just his nephews.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
it shows it was more than Tio's feefees. Gus was actively dismantling his operations. the dude didnt suicide bomb himself over just his nephews.

He did that in Breaking Bad ffs! How could you have possibly missed Gus killing all the cartel leaders or him visiting Hector all the time to rube his nose in everything he was doing?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He did that in Breaking Bad ffs! How could you have possibly missed Gus killing all the cartel leaders or him visiting Hector all the time to rube his nose in everything he was doing?
of course he was, but this wasnt something that just happened in BB. we are seeing in BCS where it started going into high gear and will likely be the cause of Tio's stroke that left him paralyzed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
of course he was, but this wasnt something that just happened in BB. we are seeing in BCS where it started going into high gear and will likely be the cause of Tio's stroke that left him paralyzed.
Or we might find out that Tio trips during a children's party and falls into the piñata area and a kid clocks him in the head accidentally. He then finds out nothing about what Gus is doing and the events in BB is all he knows.

We don't know where they are going with the backstory yet. Just because we, the viewer, know things doesn't mean the character on TV ever will.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or we might find out that Tio trips during a children's party and falls into the piñata area and a kid clocks him in the head accidentally. He then finds out nothing about what Gus is doing and the events in BB is all he knows.

We don't know where they are going with the backstory yet. Just because we, the viewer, know things doesn't mean the character on TV ever will.
its possible, but this seems like the most plausible direction they are going. ditto with Jimmy's arc as an elder law lawyer to Saul Goodman.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
its possible, but this seems like the most plausible direction they are going. ditto with Jimmy's arc as an elder law lawyer to Saul Goodman.
Yeah I just think that what everyone was trying to say is that the bad blood between Gus and Tio isn't some huge reveal we are all waiting to find out about. We already know the majority of it, that story isn't there for Tio plot development, it's the vehicle for developing Mike and his relationship with Gus.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just hope none of these fuckers die before the show completes. Tio and Mike are really up there in years.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just hope none of these fuckers die before the show completes. Tio and Mike are really up there in years.

I think about that alot with Mike since he looks old as shit now.

But anyways it's basically what a_skeleton_03 said. We already knew the genesis of Gus/Tio which was them killing Gus's partner. While there could have been stuff that happened between them that wasn't shown, it's not really an unanswered question.

The only things I can think of left unanswered from BB is Gus's and Mike's past. Both were hinted at in BB, but never explored.

They already answered the Mike part.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really liking this season. Chuck is going to have a sad ending as Saul is going ti disown him and never speak to him again. Just like he said.

spronk

FPS noob
one thing I wasn't a fan of was Gus exposing himself to mike. Why would he do that? Mike has no idea that the Los Pollos manager / owner is into shady shit, I get that it was a meet to size up Mike in person but I think BBad Gus would have handled it differently, like sending one of his underlings to meet him and keep himself hidden in the background for as long as possible.

It was nice seeing the black scary guy as his backup, he was the one that was always an asshole to Walt

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would vote that we not turn this thread into a "who remembers the most details from Breaking Bad" competition.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Who remembers when Walt threw a pizza on the roof? Only 2010 kids will remember.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one thing I wasn't a fan of was Gus exposing himself to mike. Why would he do that? Mike has no idea that the Los Pollos manager / owner is into shady shit, I get that it was a meet to size up Mike in person but I think BBad Gus would have handled it differently, like sending one of his underlings to meet him and keep himself hidden in the background for as long as possible.

It was nice seeing the black scary guy as his backup, he was the one that was always an asshole to Walt
i assumed he wanted to meet the man so clever to track him down using his own tracking device. especially someone who ripped off his competition. it was either meet him face to face and make an offer to hire him or have him killed because he tracked him down.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
With all these BB callbacks, we'll find out that the reason Saul wanted Walt to invest in that laser tag arcade is cuz that's where Chuck is buried. What ultimate death can you give a guy who is afraid of electronics than to be killed by laser tag?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
With all these BB callbacks, we'll find out that the reason Saul wanted Walt to invest in that laser tag arcade is cuz that's where Chuck is buried. What ultimate death can you give a guy who is afraid of electronics than to be killed by laser tag?
yeah, i dont think so. i dont recall jimmy or saul ever having any traits of the Gambino crime family.

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I wonder if they'll do an epilogue type episode (post BB finale) timeline. Real FUKKEN curious about what's going to happen to Kim. She's been ride or die, even with Jimmy's transgressions catching up to him.