Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Any theories on what Mike was doing other than fixing the door? Can't really place what the pictures were for.

The ploy is to make Chuck look like his "sickness" is just him being insane? Seems it would be pretty cake to show that he took care of him for over a year at his own detriment.

I'm sure the whole Chuck being crazy is going to be the focal point. I mean they established it was all in his head the first season. It's also likely Mike did something involving the tape while he was there.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well Mike took whatever it was from Chuck's phonebook. Guessing it's the phone number for Chuck's Ex-Wife so she can testify.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Possibly, but I'd imagine there's easier ways to get a known person's phone number.

There's also the genesis of whatever caused Chuck to think he had his syndrome which hasn't been explained yet.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Possibly, but I'd imagine there's easier ways to get a known person's phone number.

There's also the genesis of whatever caused Chuck to think he had his syndrome which hasn't been explained yet.

I think that reveal would coincide with his wife's testimony. Jimmy kinda hinted it when he mentioned why she left him during his rant-confession.

In fact, that one dinner flashback with Chuck's ex shows Chuck before his syndrome, so whatever caused it must've happened after that point, possibly related to their breakup.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuck said to Kim, (i'm paraphrasing )yes we have the original tape in a secure location and are going to use it at the bar hearing, where evidence is more lenient. i think thats the key, when you dont have to explain how you got it like a court trial, then jimmy wont have to explain how he got his evidence, such as the pictures of chuck's crazy and potentially dangerous living conditions. if and when chuck pops out the tape on jimmy, jimmy can say that he told his brother whatever he thought would calm him down because he is a nut and the doctor said he needs to be committed. i think technically chuck is still in jimmy's care? that paper from the phonebook might be his ex wife or the doctor herself although those numbers can be found outside of the house.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Man.. when Kim asked Jimmy who he had for the repair gig and he said 'creme de la creme', I was totally expecting Huell or even Ginger hair guy to show up at the door.

Great episode, not sure what Mike did exactly for Jimmy, but I guess that's their intention.

Also, I swore the truck that Mike coated with cocaine said Los Pollos Hermanos on it, and I was confused why he was getting one of Gus' trucks pulled over. I don't understand Gus' angle just yet, but again they seem to be keeping that vague for now. I'm guessing by making Hector use his trucks, he ends up increasing how much product he moves and/or entwining himself into Hector's entire chain of operations.. so when he cripples him at some point, he is the obvious person to take over that portion of the business from the Cartel's point of view.

By Ginger hair guy do you mean Bill Burr's character? I think seeing him would have been just as good as a cameo alone but I think he shaves his head now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
NiceTornGavial.webm

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Chuck's gonna loose his shit once he realizes that Jimmy's disbarment hearing has turned into his own.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Chuck's gonna loose his shit once he realizes that Jimmy's disbarment hearing has turned into his own.
LOL Jimmy's prolly planning on triggering a Chuck episode during his hearing.

Would definitely boost his case if Chuck goes all @Mist-freaks-out-about-the-wifi-in-her-bedroom.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
What I really wonder is how the fuck does Jimmy end up losing ride or die Kim! o_O

Kim changes her name to Skylar, has some plastic surgery to make herself look older, and decides to marry a teacher to get out of the law and criminal business

I liked the mexico scenes, I 100% thought the dude who was tagging along with Uncle Tio was gonna get throat slit. He is the lucky peon who lives

Interesting to think about what Gus' angle is to force Tio out of the biz, and Kim's angle to do something with the fact that she knows there is a master tape now. While Jimmy would be all up for robbing it, I don't think Kim would be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Mike didn't do anything to the tape, they only got confirmation there was a backup tape AFTER Mike visited. He was there to take pictures and get a phone number/address/something from Chuck's address book. Fixing the door was just his cover, though possibly he put a lock in that Jimmy now has a key copy to for future shenanigans.

I agree that something like his ex-wife's phone number, or something along those lines, is what Jimmy was after and he is totally going to show everyone just how crazy his brother is. I think Jimmy has finally stopped being protective of his brother's condition and wants him exposed as a nut job. His defense will be 'he's crazy, the whole place was covered in literal tinfoil, I was just trying to calm him down and he should probably be committed now that he's gone this far. Here is a witness that will back me up on that and some evidence of his craziness. "

No one gives a fuck how ernesto gonna make a living now?
He will get a job at another Los Pollos Hermanos branch as the manager. Law isn't for him, he's too delicate of a soul.

By Ginger hair guy do you mean Bill Burr's character? I think seeing him would have been just as good as a cameo alone but I think he shaves his head now.
Yea, I meant Bill Burr's character. Can never remember his character's name for the life of me. They can always put a wig on him. They do it all the time and we never notice. I remember Matt Smith's last episode as the Doctor, both him and Karen Gillian (Amy Pond) actually had shaved their heads for other roles (her for Guardians of the Galaxy) and were both wearing wigs in there scene together. I only found out from a behind the scenes video showing them both bald together and laughing it up.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Interesting to think about what Gus' angle is to force Tio out of the biz,
Pretty sure it's something close to what I said before. He's now the distributor for all of Hector's product as well as his own. He protested the decision so Hector wouldn't get suspicious, but it's what he wanted. He can handle the extra product, he just wanted to make it look like he was being put out to make Hector think he's getting his way and Gus is bowing to his power. When Gus cripples Hector into wheelchair bell man, Gus will just be given control over Hector's portion of the business by the Cartel as well since he's been doing such a good job with it already.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I do think Chuck's ex Rebecca ends up being the trump card somehow, but I do hope it doesn't end up taking a couple eps. I kinda want the show to move past Kim and Jimmy shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I do think Chuck's ex Rebecca ends up being the trump card somehow, but I do hope it doesn't end up taking a couple eps. I kinda want the show to move past Kim and Jimmy shit.
i would love more slippin jimmy shenaningans, but i think this is the direction they are going now. not even interesting lawsuits. just kim/chuck/jimmy triangle and then mike/gus/tio

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm thinking like they lose the Chuck arc this season somehow, either he goes off to a mental hospital or moves out of state, then we lose Kim next season.

I'm curious if the Bar compels him to practice under a different name or if that happens after he loses Kim for fucking her over something. It almost feels like it would need to be JIMMY betraying Kim now that they've established her loyalty so much.

Maybe he pushes her away to protect her from his work with the cartel or something.

spronk

FPS noob
isn't it more likely the piece of paper mike wrote was where the original cassette tape is stored? Maybe Jimmy edits it or something, although that would also be weird

khorum

Murder Apologist
isn't it more likely the piece of paper mike wrote was where the original cassette tape is stored? Maybe Jimmy edits it or something, although that would also be weird
It's all speculation... but really nothing would be more damning than Chuck's ex wife showing up as a character witness against his competency. That whole "bingo" thing was getting Chuck to admit that he had a second tape---in fact Chuck admitted that the tape Jimmy destroyed was a DUPLICATE, which confirms that Chuck premeditated to ENTRAP Jimmy.

No idea how that would work with a bar hearing full of Chuck's old bros, but if they get Chuck's ex-wife to testify how batshit he is? Fun idea anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's all speculation... but really nothing would be more damning than Chuck's ex wife showing up as a character witness against his competency. That whole "bingo" thing was getting Chuck to admit that he had a second tape---in fact Chuck admitted that the tape Jimmy destroyed was a DUPLICATE, which confirms that Chuck premeditated to ENTRAP Jimmy.

No idea how that would work with a bar hearing full of Chuck's old bros, but if they get Chuck's ex-wife to testify how batshit he is? Fun idea anyway.
hmm, they made a point to have "the tape was destroyed" stricken and placed "personal property destroyed" in its stead. if they were going for a entrapment thing wouldnt they want mention of the tape included?