Birth Control

Wrath

Molten Core Raider
Long time lurker getting involved! Was wondering what other people used for protection aka pill, ring, patch, IUD, condoms, pull out, etc. My ex girlfriend was allergic to latex so I only used Lifestyle Skyns and liked them. I tried Trojan's version of non-latex, but they felt like wax paper. Think the Skyns will be my go to condom for now on.
rrr_img_9403.jpg

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
A girlfriend of mine was on the Depo Provera shot. Worked pretty well and I came in her all the time. I'm trying to get my new girlfriend on it.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Never EVER use Implanon. It'll make your lady dry up to the point that even sand crabs carry canteens and the sex drive is non-existant.
It also causes bone loss and anemia, wife and I found this out the hard way.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My woman just uses good old fashioned birth control pills, then I punch her once a month in the stomach for good measure.

I have however been with enough women that I've seen all sorts of B/C in action. Previous poster is right, depo provera is probably the worst-- GF at the time went fucking crazy on it and gained 20 pounds. It's bad shit. I used to date a gyno that worked at the shitty city hospital, and she'd basically shoot up any poor Mexican chick that just pushed out her third kid and wasn't even 25 yet. She said they're already fat and crazy so it wasn't a big deal lol..

Nuvaring is alright I guess, however you can feel it with your dick. It's basically for chicks who are too retarded to remember to take their BC pills.

Pulling out is too stressful, and if it really worked that well you wouldn't see religious families with 10 kids.

I fucking hate condoms. Tried every variety and they all suck to varying degrees. However if you do use them, Crown and Kimono are the best.

IUD is by far the best. It didn't drive the chick crazy or make her fat, didn't have to worry about her forgetting to take her BC pills then her getting angry because I don't want to fuck because she thinks she "knows her body". If you don't plan on having a kid for a few years and you can get your chick to get an IUD, this is definitely the way to go. Some party pooper gynecologists don't want to install them unless your girl has pushed out a kid before because their cervix is too tight or somesuch bullshit, however I'm told that if her gyno isn't some old geezer it shouldn't be a problem.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My wife used Nuvaring for a couple years, it worked well.(as mentioned above though, you can sometimes feel it depending on its positioning) Used it for probably 2 years or so and never had any pregnancy scares or anything. I've had previous girlfriends that just used the pill and never had any issues with it either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We use condoms and some pill called Apri for her. If I had a kid after all of that I'd just throw my hands up and walk into oncoming traffic.

She won't go condom-less again because she contracted HPV from me or something. How can I convince her she won't get it again?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Geez man. 1st off HPV is pretty common, depending where you look it's stated that roughly 50% of women have it. 2nd of all, there's nothing you as a dude can do really, as it has no effect on guys and doctor's can't test for it, so don't let her blame you for being irresponsible or anything. It's not really dangerous to a woman unless it the type that causes cancer, and to a lesser extent the wart causing type.

In any case, once you have HPV, you have it for life. There is no "cure" (only a vaccine) hence if she caught it from you, she can't catch it again because she's still infected, and will be for life. Dump the rubbers because she isn't protecting herself from it anymore. Also, from what I know condoms don't protect from HPV very well.

We use condoms and some pill called Apri for her. If I had a kid after all of that I'd just throw my hands up and walk into oncoming traffic.

She won't go condom-less again because she contracted HPV from me or something. How can I convince her she won't get it again?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Was wondering what other people used for protection aka pill, ring, patch, IUD, condoms, pull out, etc.
Good luck and a barely functioning left testicle?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Wife used Nuvaring for a while. Worked well, was convenient. As said, you can feel it sometimes but you can also just take it out while you're getting the job done. She liked it because she had fewer side effects (the hormone dose is lower than the pill). The effects aren't totally negligible, though. She lost 5-10 lbs when she stopped using in advance of our having a baby and attributes the initial weight to hormones. She feels better without it, so when we're done spawning I'll probably go the snip-snip route (condoms suck).

Rune_sl

shitlord
Anyway my personal preferences for birth control are as follows:

copper IUD
hormonal IUD
Nuvaring
pills
condoms
pulling out

I usually use at least two of the above unless it's the week right after the red tide. Some studies show that sperm can live in the womb for up to a week.

HPV has hundreds of different strains and you probably have a few on you right now. Most cases go away after a few years, even in women. HPV is not for life, you retarded fuckstick. A few out of the hundreds are linked to causing cervical cancer, and an abnormal pap smear is no big fucking deal at all. Unless it's your vag getting scraped or lasered, that is.

Rune_sl

shitlord
Also pro tip, buying condoms and shit on the internet will save you so much cash in the long run. Generally costco seems to have the best prices for birth control stuff, which is valuable since most insurance companies don't want to cover those prescriptions.

Overall, everybody's different and while depo provera is an extreme example, birth control hormones can be great for one person and make the next person go batshit insane with acne, bloating, boob shrinkage, blood clots, fuck knows what else.

I'm not a fan of the various sterilization procedures, although Essure doesn't look too awful, but I have been considering vasectomy for a long time. Nothing is 100% though.

Wife has PCOS so we haven't had to use birth control in years! Sad thing is we're trying for a second and the PCOS is making it rough. Any asshole can have a kid, sadly the parents who know how to take care of theres are the ones who struggle having them =(

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
YES, the infection will clear up, but you are NOT cured. The viral load can dip to a point where it is no longer detectable by the diagnostic threshold, however it IS present in your body, and similar to herpes is laying dormant. This is why people who later on have compromised immune systems can see the symptoms of HPV come back

HPV has hundreds of different strains and you probably have a few on you right now. Most cases go away after a few years, even in women. HPV is not for life, you retarded fuckstick. A few out of the hundreds are linked to causing cervical cancer, and an abnormal pap smear is no big fucking deal at all. Unless it's your vag getting scraped or lasered, that is.

Rune_sl

shitlord
YES, the infection will clear up, but you are NOT cured. The viral load can dip to a point where it is no longer detectable by the diagnostic threshold, however it IS present in your body, and similar to herpes is laying dormant. This is why people who later on have compromised immune systems can see the symptoms of HPV come back
Where the hell do you people get this shit from? Viral load where? In the blood? Are you fucking stupid?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...90825810002908

Show me one source for this claim that doesn't have links to other websites involving flouride and lizardmen.

Wrath

Molten Core Raider
The best thing so far for HPV that I was aware of is the Gardasil vaccine. They give it to both male and female for a wide range of ages, like 12-40? I know it protects from most of the cancers that some HPV strains can cause.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
1) You can google "HPV dormant"
2) Nowhere on that page you linked does it say that HPV is curable. All it discusses is infection and replication mechanisms.
3) Here ya go. From the head of the International Papillomavirus Society.
4) Feeling fucking stupid yet for calling other people stupid without doing basic research?

UAB Researchers Make Breakthrough Discovery of HPV ReplicationPosted on March 15, 2004 at 4:00 p.m.

UAB Researchers have discovered the mechanism used by a common virus to replicate and remain in the human body for decades. Human papillomavirus (HPV), a family of over 100-related viruses, are responsible for a variety of medical conditions, ranging from benign hand or foot warts to genital warts, cervical cancer and recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, a potentially fatal disease in children.

In an article published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in March, the research team reports that a viral replication protein known as E2 binds the circular viral DNA to cell structures called spindle fibers that are present in a cell when it divides, a process known as mitosis. In mitosis, a single cell divides in two, creating two genetically identical daughter cells. By latching onto the spindle fibers of the cell as it divides, HPV DNA also divides and replicates itself in each of the new daughter cells where it can continue to replicate and persist indefinitely.

"In effect, HPV is able to mimic our own chromosomes, behaving as a sort of 'mini-chromosome', independently replicating and keeping pace as the cellular chromosomes replicate and the cell divides," says Tom Broker, PhD, professor of biochemistry and molecular genetics and co-author of the paper. "This allows the virus to remain in our bodies indefinitely, with the potential of causing serious disease years, even decades, after first exposure."
Broker says that virtually all humans carry at least one type of HPV for much of their lives, usually transmitted to the external skin very early in life or to the internal mucosal lining later during sexual contact. For most people, the virus persists at low levels without causing obvious disease, and the body's immune system keeps it in check.

However, in some people, the virus can become activated and cause lesions, particularly if the infected tissue is repeatedly injured, or following periods of emotional or physical stress, during pregnancy, as a result of immunosuppressive therapy for immune disorders or organ transplantation, as a outcome of progressing HIV/AIDS, and even as a consequence of aging.

"This is a major breakthrough in our quest to find ways to treat the myriad conditions associated with HPV," says Louise Chow, PhD, professor of biochemistry and molecular genetics and co-author of the paper. "This improves our understanding of the mechanisms the virus uses to reproduce. We now have new molecular targets to aim at for antiviral drug discovery."

HPV's special mechanism for attaching itself to the mitotic spindles and getting pulled into the daughter cells has not been observed with other families of viruses, according to Chow.

There are about 15,000 new cases of cervical or penile cancer attributed to HPV each year in the US, and nearly 5000 deaths. Worldwide, 600,000 cases occur annually, especially in developing countries without advanced medical diagnostic methods such as Papanicolaou smear screening, which can detect the activation of HPV early enough for aggressive treatment to be successful.

HPV infection in the throat and respiratory tract, laryngeal papillomatosis, can cause recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in children, who are usually infected at birth from contact with HPV-caused genital warts present in the mother. There are an estimated 2,000 cases per year in the United States

This research was funded by grants from the United States Public Health Service and the National Cancer Institute, one of the National Institutes of Health. Tom Broker is the President of the International Papillomavirus Society. More information on HPV and associated disease can be found at the society's web site atwww.IPVSoc.org

Where the hell do you people get this shit from? Viral load where? In the blood? Are you fucking stupid?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...90825810002908

Show me one source for this claim that doesn't have links to other websites involving flouride and lizardmen.

Rune_sl

shitlord
You linked a fucking press release from 2004? And a busted ass society page that has "under construction" or "coming soon" on every other link?

Fuck you. I mean that.

I actually hunted down the PNAS paper referenced in that press release and it doesn't prove shit. In fact, they go out of their way to say that they are discussing long term infections of HPV, not permanent infections. In short, it has nothing to do with what you think it does.

If you had any education in virology at all, you would know that HPV does not insert itself into DNA, it is part of the pox virus family and thus never enters the relative protection of the nucleus.

Babies have little to no functioning immune system. Of course they have recurring problems with genital warts, they were never able to clear the infection in the first place, and even then HPV infections of babies are nowhere near as severe, or life-threatening, as HSV infections are.

Learn english, you fucking mouthbreather. Dormant doesn't mean permanent.