Birth Control

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Being gay is one of the best forms of birth control.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So basically he has no reason to post in this thread besides his incessant need to constantly remind everyone how much he likes a dick between his cheeks.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Tried some Trojan Ice and Fire condom last night because the GF's doctor refused her a BC pill refill without first coming in, and I must say, if you like feeling of your dick being on fire coupled with the aroma of a tire fire, those condoms rock!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
What kind of a fucking doctor would refuse a refill on birth control? They're not controlled substances and don't require schedule III, II, or I privileges DEA.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
What kind of a fucking doctor would refuse a refill on birth control? They're not controlled substances and don't require schedule III, II, or I privileges DEA.
Yeah, exactly what I said. Supposedly, she had run the course on her 6 months worth of BC, called for a refill, and he denied it without first being able to see her. She asked if she could then go in that day, and the earliest he could see her was in 2 weeks. Needless to say she won't be going back to him..

So today she got screamed at by a bunch of crazy pro-life grandmas as she entered underfunded Planned Parenthood here in the great state of Texas. They were more than happy to see her today and write her a year long refill. The fact that she actually has medical insurance was probably a big bonus to them as well.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Only reason why a doc would make you come in is for controlled substances or if the drug affects your liver or kidneys in some bad way (eg Accutane, Truvada, or Isoniazid).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
His reasoning is that she hadn't had a checkup in a year, so my guess he was using that as leverage to book an appointment. Obviously more important that she have an appointment than risk getting pregnant, but there are a lot of religious nutjobs down here, including docs. She said her last gyno was a religious wacko and when she asked how quickly her BC would kick in, she replied with "well you can try being celibate for a change". lol.

Only reason why a doc would make you come in is for controlled substances or if the drug affects your liver or kidneys in some bad way (eg Accutane, Truvada, or Isoniazid).

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My wifes doc wouldn't fill her BC without a yearly pap. Neither would my ex's for that matter. I thought it was common practice. /shrug

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If you do not have the full medical history and current pt prescription data available you're not exactly in a position to make that call. DVT, embolisms, pharmacological interactions, previous history and so forth might have something to do with the need for a checkup. It's possible the physician was trying to have the patients well being at heart instead of being a pushover drug dispenser.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My wifes doc wouldn't fill her BC without a yearly pap. Neither would my ex's for that matter. I thought it was common practice. /shrug
It is if the physician is up to date with current knowledge of bc - some of the newer generations have serious health risks - DVT, embolisms etc. I'd not gamble with this if it was my body - have the checkup.

Tried some Trojan Ice and Fire condom last night because the GF's doctor refused her a BC pill refill without first coming in, and I must say, if you like feeling of your dick being on fire coupled with the aroma of a tire fire, those condoms rock!
Try these, makes your junk smell like haggis.

tumblr_lk8ackhS9w1qhsh40o1_400.jpg

tumblr_lk8ackhS9w1qhsh40o1_400.jpg

lindz

#DDs
OB/GYNs will sometimes refuse to refill a birth control prescription if you are overdue for your annual exam. Not because they can't give you the pills, but because they want to make sure you actually come in and get the pap smear done. I think it is pretty normal actually.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Pap smear / breast exams are preventative (screening) and has nothing to do with bc refills. A full physical and BP is what is required for bc refills. I agree it's problematic if doctors require this in the states. Recommendations for pap are different outside the us (pr. 3 years f.inst. in the UK). Could the practice in the states be related to coverage / insurance / law, I wonder?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Try these, makes your junk smell like haggis.
Tried these once and couldn't get past the absolutely disgusting slimy feel when you took it out of the pack, the odd smell, and the weirdo drawstring one used to secure it to your cock. Made my dick feels like some slimy meat carcass coin purse. People swear by them, but the clammy mucousy dead meat sock killed my hard on before I had a chance to test it out.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
DVT and embolisms ? Heh. I can understand a pap smear and lab work to look at estrogen lvls.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
DVT and embolisms ? Heh. I can understand a pap smear and lab work to look at estrogen lvls.
4th generation coc components - might want to read up on that in relation to DVE / DVT risks compared to 2nd gen coc components. Estrogen causes DVE's, we know that. The new part is the type of gestagen can do this too - that's why the practice has changed in Europe and possibly in the states - 2nd gen are preferred over 3rd/4th now because the DVE risk is more than doubled (Levonorgestrel vs Drospirenone). I'm sure you knew that.

Here are four pub med references to bmj in case you didn't.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

1.Vlieg AVH, Helmerhorst FM, Vandenbroucke JP, Doggen CJ, Rosendaal FR. The venous thrombotic risk
of oral contraceptives, effects of oestrogen dose and progestogen type: results of the MEGA case-control
study. BMJ 2009;339:b2921
http://www.bmj.com/content/339/bmj.b...&pmid=19679614

2.Lidegaard ?, L?kkegaard E, Svendsen AL, Agger C. Hormonal contraception and risk of venous
thromboembolism: national follow-up study. BMJ 2009;339:b2890
http://www.bmj.com/content/339/bmj.b...&pmid=19679613

3.Parkin L, Sharples K, Hernandez RK, Jick SS. Risk of venous thromboembolism in users
of oral contraceptives containing drospirenone or levonorgestrel: nested case-control
study based on UK General Practice Research Database. BMJ 2011:340:d2139.
http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.d...&pmid=21511804

4.Jick SS, Hernandez RK. Risk of non-fatal venous thromboembolism in women using oral
contraceptives containing drospirenone compared with women using oral contraceptives
containing levonorgestrel: case-control study using United States claims data. BMJ
2011;340:d2151.
http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.d...&pmid=21511805