Black Desert

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The combat/combo system definitely beats out traditional MMO tab target combat. The rest of it is mediocre since there is no real strategy to any fights other than dodge/attack.

Game is going P2W steadily! Might still play it next year when I get back to the U.S.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I've gotten thoroughly board of this game. I was atleast going to keep playing to unlock entire map but it would just take too long and there's too much empty area.
The action combat just gets so repetitive, and there's no group synergy whatsoever. it feels like a single player game where occasionally u see other players go by on horses or wagons, they may as well be npcs

moontayle

Golden Squire
The backlash on this is astounding. I only half understand the vitriol, it doesn't bother me one bit if a credit card hero can sit on his ass, spend $150 a week and after a month or so have enough to buy a TET Kzarka. Me? I'll spend time farming some silver and buy a costume or two that gets thrown up, maybe a value pack when my two-month supply runs out. Maybe a pet.

I watched so many TET attempts and even a PEN attempt or two get hammered out yesterday. Saw a bunch of TRI items go on the market, including TRI Bheg's gloves. I suppose it's a way to take silver out of the market, since those people are likely quitting and will never pick up the sale. It's actually kind of funny to me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it doesn't bother me one bit if a credit card hero can sit on his ass, spend $150 a week and after a month or so have enough to buy a TET Kzarka. Me? I'll spend time farming some silver and buy a costume or two that gets thrown up, maybe a value pack when my two-month supply runs out. Maybe a pet.
At some point it could bother you when that wallet warrior comes around your silver farm spot and 2shot you out of nowhere. Then again, I think it's more of a gearing problem than a wallet problem, you can sell whatever you want as long as you have solid hardcaps gear wise. BDO PvP, like Archeage, is all about gear grind. Some people will get an advantage being on a guild, having more free time. Other players just IRL buy their way up to the 2shot realm. It's not a problem when anyone is walled content wise, but I do think it's a problem when everyone at some point has to deal with other players.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_2016-08-04-12-00-11.png

Screenshot_2016-08-04-12-00-11.png

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should not be allowed to comment on games.
I suppose that's fair, I should have been more specific. I like the ability and combo system, PVE combat does get stale, being largely a corral and evade kite smack down for most mobs, and there is little variation in tactics especially for some classes. My 55 Blader just got backburnered because he just doesn't flow right is the only way I can describe it. PVP combat and team work dynamics are wonderful when you have a decent group of folks to work with and are matched up well. You definitely have a decent break down of roles that some classes settle into better than others, with a few classes that just don't quite make muster. PVP is spot on with some balancing passes. PVE needs some work, needs to support some form of group dynamic beyond the occasional zerg down or forced for efficiency scroll grind, and some diversity in mob variety and dynamics (there are a decent number of different enemies, but almost everything is bipedal with different skins and ability set a, b, or c). The game has flaws and rough spots, but I really enjoy it regardless. I would love to see their player ability and combo system, adapted to a decent PVE focused game, with some changes to improve group play.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At some point it could bother you when that wallet warrior comes around your silver farm spot and 2shot you out of nowhere. Then again, I think it's more of a gearing problem than a wallet problem, you can sell whatever you want as long as you have solid hardcaps gear wise. BDO PvP, like Archeage, is all about gear grind. Some people will get an advantage being on a guild, having more free time. Other players just IRL buy their way up to the 2shot realm. It's not a problem when anyone is walled content wise, but I do think it's a problem when everyone at some point has to deal with other players.

Are you saying this change will be a problem because it will allow more people to reach the 2shot realm, rather than just the no-lifers? Money will only do so much to allow someone to reach lvl60 / full TET gear.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Well that didn't take long for them to burn it down, I had was logging in just fishing and horse breeding.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Non node war PvP exists in two, maybe three spots in the game. Ogres, Pirates, and Sausans. I do none of those on a regular basis. Node wars have largely been a joke since the first week, at least from my point of view. XRP hasn't had to actively defend a node since we got them. That might change with PRX going unofficial but for now, it's been boring. We're pulling in money with zero effort to stem the flow. Then, there's the fact that a credit card hero can mash all the buttons he wants, if he's not good he's not good. So no, it doesn't bother me at all.

Anyway, with PRX going unofficial, XRP is free to take on anyone they want so if any RR peeps on Edan want a home, let me know. We are changing the name from XRP but it won't take hold until after the next maintenance.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'll likely get in on that since i was in PRX3. Just waiting for this week to come and go, want to see what comes of the "P2W" patch and how many people remain.

As is I was just doing things like farming places and no one ever PK'd me.

Blackwulf

N00b
I played this for a month. It was novel and kinda fun, but then I saw the level of grinding I'd need to do to be competitive, and asked myself, "Why?" In the past, the answer to that question would be something along these lines:
  1. Competition - it's a new IP, and I want to be on the edge of the 'achievers'
  2. Character progression (having a unique/clever build)
  3. Exploration - the idea of seeing high end content that you had to work for
  4. Friends are playing
  5. It's fun
Truth is, only #5 applied, and I was losing the fun factor pretty rapidly - it was becoming more repetitive, etc. I'm just not into a ported IP from Asia, I guess - you already know what's in store for the game, more or less, and you can see the IP isn't really going to grow and become super popular in the US.

Anyway, neat game - lots of stuff not done ever before, and I applaud that. I think I'd have had more fun if some of my regular gaming friends had gotten into it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Desert
Are you saying this change will be a problem because it will allow more people to reach the 2shot realm, rather than just the no-lifers? Money will only do so much to allow someone to reach lvl60 / full TET gear.

During Archeage NA/EU release I grinded like a mad cunt and got lucky with crafted gear procs. I played Primeval and I have no shame admitting it was fun 2-3 shotting tradepackers and robbing them out. Was I a better player ? No, I played a hit'n'run stealth spec in a game where you somewhat had stuff to lose. I stole a lot of tradepacks, was GTA'ing Austera like a true villain and has fun. On the other hand, I think this kind of PvP is entertaining as long as everyone plays under the same time spent / luck rules. Whenever you juke these factors with RL money, to me it's a problem.

To me online gaming has to be fun and competitive. I don't mind people getting fluff over RL money. I do mind it when some people could just legit buy their way up to the top. Are they good players, do they deserve it ? I don't know really, if they feel like spending thousand of dollars / euros getting some OP item, I guess it's their way of dealing against luck / time spent. What I dislike is the fact that the game mechanics encourage people getting the best gear with real money.

I'm not clueless I know whenever you enforce rules there will always be people wanting to cut corners (time, luck, etc) with hard money, legit or else. I just don't like the principle, I may be naive but to me videogames is about fairness and relative social equity. When you allow people to become whales, wallet warriors I think it's just wrong, it creates imbalance in most of the time already imbalanced situations. I'm not preaching here, it's just my opinion and I know it's flawed. I just don't like the infamous "P2W" aspect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyway, with PRX going unofficial, XRP is free to take on anyone they want so if any RR peeps on Edan want a home, let me know. We are changing the name from XRP but it won't take hold until after the next maintenance.

Does "unofficial" mean they're basically done with the game? That didn't seem to last long.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Ask Tuco for the full details of what that means and maybe why the decision was made, but the gist is that, yes, PRX is done playing. The primary guild has morphed into FML and the secondary guild is now TDB (I lobbied for YOLO).

TDB site is different from PRX: http://xrp-annexe.enjin.com/home

If you're interested, please sign up. There's no other MMO I'm really that interested in playing so I'll be here for a while. The immediate goal is to refill our ranks and hold on to our two nodes. As #1 is accomplished we'll push for harder node targets.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Black Desert

During Archeage NA/EU release I grinded like a mad cunt and got lucky with crafted gear procs. I played Primeval and I have no shame admitting it was fun 2-3 shotting tradepackers and robbing them out. Was I a better player ? No, I played a hit'n'run stealth spec in a game where you somewhat had stuff to lose. I stole a lot of tradepacks, was GTA'ing Austera like a true villain and has fun. On the other hand, I think this kind of PvP is entertaining as long as everyone plays under the same time spent / luck rules. Whenever you juke these factors with RL money, to me it's a problem.

The PVP is entertaining as long as everyone who does not (or cannot) spend as much time as you is going to consistently get 2-shot and robbed. But if you replace "time spent" with "money spent" and reverse the roles so that you are getting 2-shot and robbed, it is not fun. I get it. I just don't see this as a valid argument against P2W, especially when you admit that you were not necessarily a better player.

I agree that it sucks for them to change the rules after the fact. Better to create a new server with the new cash shop.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The PVP is entertaining as long as everyone who does not (or cannot) spend as much time as you is going to consistently get 2-shot and robbed. But if you replace "time spent" with "money spent" and reverse the roles so that you are getting 2-shot and robbed, it is not fun. I get it. I just don't see this as a valid argument against P2W, especially when you admit that you were not necessarily a better player.

I agree that it sucks for them to change the rules after the fact. Better to create a new server with the new cash shop.
but who is gonna do all the farming in a server where everyone is a cash2win

Kiki

Log Wizard
Lol, the conversion rate is terrible. 19mil for a $30 costume, I thought it was going to be at least 80. 5mil for a pet. It's laughable. They might as well take the limit of 5 off.

I have a feeling they are going to get rocked by credit card scammers more than they already are so that may be a good reason for the limit.