Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
I have the oddest luck in the weirdest places. Failed another PEN Blackstar attempt today with our bonus JHammer, but pulled a Vell Heart from that random LoML box we got from dailies the other day. Pretty sure the chance of getting that heart was way lower than the 5.34% success rate my BS has. Now that im playing a Succ Lahn again, I fully expected the BS to pop to PEN because it's an awakening wep. The free T4 pet also came out bonkers, I got Alchemy, Cooking, and Processing EXP on him. Smashed him together with a T1 weight increase pet to make a mega craftsman pet.

I need to stop being lazy and try to kill some of these LoML bosses to try for Crystals of Harmony or whatever theyre called. Ive gotten the free one from turning in the coins and the one from the main story quest, but need to come up with two more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just did another hour at sycraia and I am never coming back again. I make more money in an hour at trees than I did in 2 hours at sycraia abyssal, got like 10 black shards 0 reds 0 rings for the 2 hours.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, Magnus is pretty massive. Not for the fast travel, but that storage thing was a game changer.
Magnus is indeed massive, but I'm wondering how many of you played back before Central Market.

People are saying they use Magnus features daily, but then treat central market as an afterthought. This game was utter DOGSHIT back before central market.
Just did another hour at sycraia and I am never coming back again. I make more money in an hour at trees than I did in 2 hours at sycraia abyssal, got like 10 black shards 0 reds 0 rings for the 2 hours.
Unless you're barely at the AP/DP requirements, sycraia should still be better s/hour than trees by a decent amount, even if you get terrible shard/ring luck. Are you not factoring in the value of abyssal essence for frenzy draughts? Nagas and Fogans should be pretty solid around underwater's gear requirements also. What's your AP/DP?

Trees are honestly pretty garbage, especially if you don't get good valtarra drops. It's one of those spots that's more for that low - lower mid-game and you want some decent exp. But once you're solidly in the 260+ap range, trees falls off big time. It's really just an "all around" spot - decentish silver, solid exp, etc. But if you're 62, who gives a fuck about EXP and that only leaves the "meh" cash it provides.

• 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Magnus is indeed massive, but I'm wondering how many of you played back before Central Market.

People are saying they use Magnus features daily, but then treat central market as an afterthought. This game was utter DOGSHIT back before central market.

Unless you're barely at the AP/DP requirements, sycraia should still be better s/hour than trees by a decent amount, even if you get terrible shard/ring luck. Are you not factoring in the value of abyssal essence for frenzy draughts? Nagas and Fogans should be pretty solid around underwater's gear requirements also. What's your AP/DP?

Trees are honestly pretty garbage, especially if you don't get good valtarra drops. It's one of those spots that's more for that low - lower mid-game and you want some decent exp. But once you're solidly in the 260+ap range, trees falls off big time. It's really just an "all around" spot - decentish silver, solid exp, etc. But if you're 62, who gives a fuck about EXP and that only leaves the "meh" cash it provides.

This is not the same game I played when it released. Everything is different.

The grind was brutal, p2w was more pronounced, the pvp was fun (and lvl 40) and not so heavily gear based (yet), people were crying about the p2w ghillie suit being a must have (it wasn't). etc.

I quit after a year or so, enjoyed the game, but being very busy in RL meant I couldn't keep up with the grind to be competitive in pvp, and wasn't willing to pull out the credit card.

Came back a couple years later and except for the gear grind, it was a totally different game. QoL stuff, almost nonexistent pvp, new areas, etc. I started doing life skills and pve and just pretended it wasnt the same game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
I played at launch as well, leveled as a Valkyrie initially. I remember grinding catfish for hours and it being a big deal to hit 48 or so to have access some skill I forgot now that used to be class changing. The grind to the "soft cap" of 56 was the goal. Riding from Calpheon to Heidel to check storage for where I put something and forgot where, and having Agerian armor to +15 was as good as it got. The auction house and the bullshit raffle system to buy gear was infuriating, the Central Market was a game changer. No way a game like was at release could survive today. I like the game much more now for what it is, but it's still annoying that the one thing that's persisted from the start is the ball smashing enhance system. Guess that's too ingrained into the core of what the game is to change much.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is not the same game I played when it released. Everything is different.

The grind was brutal, p2w was more pronounced, the pvp was fun (and lvl 40) and not so heavily gear based (yet), people were crying about the p2w ghillie suit being a must have (it wasn't). etc.

I quit after a year or so, enjoyed the game, but being very busy in RL meant I couldn't keep up with the grind to be competitive in pvp, and wasn't willing to pull out the credit card.

Came back a couple years later and except for the gear grind, it was a totally different game. QoL stuff, almost nonexistent pvp, new areas, etc. I started doing life skills and pve and just pretended it wasnt the same game.
Completely agree. I'm not sure how pvp plays out now with node wars and such but I've just been playing it as a casual chill sim. Now it's almost overwhelming how much there is to do

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I gotta figure out how i'm gonna get the 12b silver I need to buy a new tet blackstar or hope someone sells a tri and I can manage to tet it myself so I can use this new j hammer instead of watching it disappear in 2 weeks.
Same, although I'm like 8b short. Haven't really been playing much in the last couple months.

I'll probably say fuck it and try to tap my Godr to TRI, and then use the hammers on TET. Not ideal, but I don't play enough to min/max this shit.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the game much more now for what it is, but it's still annoying that the one thing that's persisted from the start is the ball smashing enhance system. Guess that's too ingrained into the core of what the game is to change much.
I've said this 1000x, but you guys will have so much more fun with this game if you just pretend the enhancement system doesn't exist. Just save up, slowly make incremental progress with grinding an hour or two/day, and buy your upgrades. Enhancing will almost always lose you money, unless you have MASSIVE amounts of capital to invest into it.

The reason somebody like BioHack has 16 trillion silver is because he has played this game since practically day one and took advantage of nearly every "broken" system that ever existed. Broken trading system back in the day, bartering when it was really good, etc. Now that he has the capital, he can easily continue to increase his net worth via enhancing. 90% of his gameplay is enhancing. It really is a case of "the rich get richer" in a game like BDO - but that's true of any MMO where you have the capital to "dominate" the market. Thankfully, PA limits pricing to keep a lot of that more "controlled".

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Ya I didn't factor in the essences because it's a pain in the ass trying to get the other stuff to make frenzies from what I remember (cause I don't use workers or anything). Had 65 from the 2 hours. I'm sure part of it was it being my first 2 hours there and not having ideal rotations down but I got bad amounts of trash loot on top of the bad rng on rings/reds (since all the youtubers seem to say they average 1+ rings or reds per hour). I'm 284/268/331 ap/dp. I get about 16-17k trash per hour at trees with agris and level 1 loot, I got about 9-10k trash on the 2nd hour I did at sycraia with level 2 loot and agris (and it used more agris than an hour at trees i'm pretty sure). Fogans I never really seem to break 10k trash at either.

I do seem to average 1 belt per hour at trees pretty steadily with very few 0 belt hours and sometimes 2-4 belt hours which adds to the gap even more on top of the huge difference in trash. Trees does cap easily since I pull the same silver on season chars as I did on the couple hours on my zerker, just doing the 3 tree rotation near manshaums that I always do and it's just hard-capped by the spawn rates but I don't even come close in trash count on the other spots and since the trash is all roughly the same price it makes me sad.
Same, although I'm like 8b short. Haven't really been playing much in the last couple months.

I'll probably say fuck it and try to tap my Godr to TRI, and then use the hammers on TET. Not ideal, but I don't play enough to min/max this shit.
Yeah I don't have a godr and they're the same price as tet blackstars. I keep checking the market trying to snag a tri blackstar but I haven't seen anything but tets and a couple pens on the market all day.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the oddest luck in the weirdest places. Failed another PEN Blackstar attempt today with our bonus JHammer, but pulled a Vell Heart from that random LoML box we got from dailies the other day. Pretty sure the chance of getting that heart was way lower than the 5.34% success rate my BS has. Now that im playing a Succ Lahn again, I fully expected the BS to pop to PEN because it's an awakening wep. The free T4 pet also came out bonkers, I got Alchemy, Cooking, and Processing EXP on him. Smashed him together with a T1 weight increase pet to make a mega craftsman pet.

I need to stop being lazy and try to kill some of these LoML bosses to try for Crystals of Harmony or whatever theyre called. Ive gotten the free one from turning in the coins and the one from the main story quest, but need to come up with two more.
Get your Artisan Shellfolk or Human worker on the node that drops the Harmony (Dokkebi Forest node).

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Making silver via grinding is more about where you like to grind vs. where your AP/DP allows you to grind. I grind Hexe when I want a challenge, but I prefer Pila Ku or some Elvia spots because they are easy and simple. Once I finish my MP Pot, I'm just going to save up for a PEN BS offhand or a PEN accessory (Belt or Ring). It'll take awhile considering my casual playtime, and I'll still be tapping for PEN on my offhand.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol, had some bad luck enhancing my manos gathering clothes (failed a tet attempt and then did about 70 enhances trying to get back to tri and only got like 6 duos and 0 tris) so I decided to start going for tri accessories. 5th try went to tri and then I said screw it and went for tet and it went so now i'm in the green instead of like 8b in the hole, assuming it sells. 29.9b listed mmmm. Should be able to buy a tet blackstar to swing on with the hammer now and replace all my duo manos accessories on top.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuckin commie market. Still don't know how I feel about it. No. I hate it
This is a video game, not real life. Hate the "commie" market all you want, but I PROMISE you'd hate it a helluva lot more if you couldn't buy PEN weapons for less than 800 billion or whatever crazy price the game's top "enhancers" would set.
Ya I didn't factor in the essences because it's a pain in the ass trying to get the other stuff to make frenzies from what I remember (cause I don't use workers or anything). Had 65 from the 2 hours. I'm sure part of it was it being my first 2 hours there and not having ideal rotations down but I got bad amounts of trash loot on top of the bad rng on rings/reds (since all the youtubers seem to say they average 1+ rings or reds per hour). I'm 284/268/331 ap/dp. I get about 16-17k trash per hour at trees with agris and level 1 loot, I got about 9-10k trash on the 2nd hour I did at sycraia with level 2 loot and agris (and it used more agris than an hour at trees i'm pretty sure). Fogans I never really seem to break 10k trash at either.
If you aren't going to bother with frenzies, Underwater is kind of a waste. You're leaving a LOT of silver on the table that way. Also, 284/331 is pretty much bare minimum for underwater, so it doesn't surprise me it feels like shit. And if you're awakening and are actually only 268, that's even worse.

Secondly, new grind spots always go shitty. I was completely floored when I saw that Kratuga is around 11k in trash on blue scroll and when I first started there I was around 8-9k on blue. It took me a solid 4-5 hours of grinding to really get down the mobs, the rotation, pulling, all of that shit before I slowly started creeping into the 11k range and now I'm solidly around 10.5-11.2 most hours on blue.
I do seem to average 1 belt per hour at trees pretty steadily with very few 0 belt hours and sometimes 2-4 belt hours which adds to the gap even more on top of the huge difference in trash. Trees does cap easily since I pull the same silver on season chars as I did on the couple hours on my zerker, just doing the 3 tree rotation near manshaums that I always do and it's just hard-capped by the spawn rates but I don't even come close in trash count on the other spots and since the trash is all roughly the same price it makes me sad.
Ooof. Not even doing 6 pillar rotation? Man, I don't know how you think that a 3 pillar rotation is "good" money at trees, but to each their own I guess. Outside of powerleveling friends or going there from like level 60-62 on a seasonal char, trees just falls behind a lot of spots at similar AP/DP requirements.

Even if you were for some weird ass reason only at the minimum AP/DP requirements, I'd still just do Sherekhan's Nights or Centaurs.
Yeah I don't have a godr and they're the same price as tet blackstars. I keep checking the market trying to snag a tri blackstar but I haven't seen anything but tets and a couple pens on the market all day.
Godr is a fuckload more expensive than Blackstar to enhance. Godr value lies in the fact that you can get a DUO for roughly the same price as a TET Blackstar and the Godr is slightly better. Meanwhile, you can slowly "progress" a TET Blackstar in the interim and then dump the Godr once the Blackstar goes PEN.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
To make everyone feel great about their ~5% chance failed J hammer taps.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If you aren't going to bother with frenzies, Underwater is kind of a waste. You're leaving a LOT of silver on the table that way. Also, 284/331 is pretty much bare minimum for underwater, so it doesn't surprise me it feels like shit. And if you're awakening and are actually only 268, that's even worse.
Nah i'm using succ zerker at the moment, with gear copied over from my succ nova (which is why I haven't bothered going past tet jetina/tuvala). 65 frenzies for 2 hours is a decent chunk of silver but not a huge amount even if you count it as having no expenses involved.
Secondly, new grind spots always go shitty. I was completely floored when I saw that Kratuga is around 11k in trash on blue scroll and when I first started there I was around 8-9k on blue. It took me a solid 4-5 hours of grinding to really get down the mobs, the rotation, pulling, all of that shit before I slowly started creeping into the 11k range and now I'm solidly around 10.5-11.2 most hours on blue.
Yep i'm sure if I actually watched some rotation videos in depth and spent a couple more hours there it would get better but it's annoying to get there so I probably just won't bother any more. If I would've gotten a red or ring i'd have been more inclined to give it more time. I want to try out some of the other newer/higher ap spots and see if thornwood is any better now that my ap/dp is a bit higher too.
Ooof. Not even doing 6 pillar rotation? Man, I don't know how you think that a 3 pillar rotation is "good" money at trees, but to each their own I guess. Outside of powerleveling friends or going there from like level 60-62 on a seasonal char, trees just falls behind a lot of spots at similar AP/DP requirements.
I dunno what 6 pillar rotation is but at the 3 tree spot I always grind i'm almost never facing any down time (partly because the third tree usually has mobs that glitch out and result in a little bit of stand around time). I could probably get a little more if I found a 4 tree rotation that didn't have a lot of movement and had no mobs glitch out but I don't think it'd be a huge difference, maybe 1k trash per hour of agris?
Even if you were for some weird ass reason only at the minimum AP/DP requirements, I'd still just do Sherekhan's Nights or Centaurs.

Godr is a fuckload more expensive than Blackstar to enhance. Godr value lies in the fact that you can get a DUO for roughly the same price as a TET Blackstar and the Godr is slightly better. Meanwhile, you can slowly "progress" a TET Blackstar in the interim and then dump the Godr once the Blackstar goes PEN.
I haven't done centaurs at all since the buffs. Now that i'm running around on zerker maybe i'll head out there and do a few hours, i've always hated that spot, tho.

On a seperate note, now as i'm writing this i'm wondering if I should buy a vell's before I buy a tet blackstar offhand. I probably should and if I don't rebuy my manos accessories it won't be too much grinding to afford both.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah i'm using succ zerker at the moment, with gear copied over from my succ nova (which is why I haven't bothered going past tet jetina/tuvala). 65 frenzies for 2 hours is a decent chunk of silver but not a huge amount even if you count it as having no expenses involved.

Yep i'm sure if I actually watched some rotation videos in depth and spent a couple more hours there it would get better but it's annoying to get there so I probably just won't bother any more. If I would've gotten a red or ring i'd have been more inclined to give it more time. I want to try out some of the other newer/higher ap spots and see if thornwood is any better now that my ap/dp is a bit higher too.

I dunno what 6 pillar rotation is but at the 3 tree spot I always grind i'm almost never facing any down time (partly because the third tree usually has mobs that glitch out and result in a little bit of stand around time). I could probably get a little more if I found a 4 tree rotation that didn't have a lot of movement and had no mobs glitch out but I don't think it'd be a huge difference, maybe 1k trash per hour of agris?

I haven't done centaurs at all since the buffs. Now that i'm running around on zerker maybe i'll head out there and do a few hours, i've always hated that spot, tho.

On a seperate note, now as i'm writing this i'm wondering if I should buy a vell's before I buy a tet blackstar offhand. I probably should and if I don't rebuy my manos accessories it won't be too much grinding to afford both.
I think a succ zerker is one of the better classes at Centaurs, all about movement speed. If you think you have a rotation down, pop Agris, seriously broken there on a fast class.

Spent about 8hrs finishing the LoML storyline(s), and it was complete shit. Worst questing experience in any mmo I've played. Got my FG Gloves, enhanced up to PRI (15 clicks) and stopped, so didn't gain much of anything yet.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk Yea, that vid was for hitting PEN.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Are you using Garmoth grind tracker to see average trash per hour and the breakdown of profit? For example looking at lower Sycraia running just a blue scroll, average trash is 7.3k and average s/hr is 650m, but only 131m of that is from trash drops. 120m from abyssal essence is the second most after that, then red (111m), ring (105m), caphras (89m), spirit dust (28m) and sealed black crystals (26m). Plus 30-40m from all the other random stuff that drops.

Other than knowing the breakdown of a spots profit, get really good at succ zerker movement and rotation, the class is amazing and easy to grind with.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Garmoth has no defense against the human ego. I'm sure they trim the obvious outliers, but that won't really help against people rounding up, so take what you see there with a large grain of salt.