Black Desert

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nah I don't use garmoth because they force you to create an account. I just do trash value and then add up the other stuff that actually has value (like caphras, rare drops, krog stones from trees etc.). I wouldn't have been so salty about taking the time to go out to sycraia if I got a red or a ring in the 2 hours, let alone 1 of each per hour like that 650m/hr average shows.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fuck? Got a Karanda Heart from that Lara FESTA thing.

Cept I've already got 2 Garmoth's. And you can't sell the Karanda one. Lame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nah i'm using succ zerker at the moment, with gear copied over from my succ nova (which is why I haven't bothered going past tet jetina/tuvala). 65 frenzies for 2 hours is a decent chunk of silver but not a huge amount even if you count it as having no expenses involved.
The fuck? How are you 284/331 with tuvala gear?
Yep i'm sure if I actually watched some rotation videos in depth and spent a couple more hours there it would get better but it's annoying to get there so I probably just won't bother any more. If I would've gotten a red or ring i'd have been more inclined to give it more time. I want to try out some of the other newer/higher ap spots and see if thornwood is any better now that my ap/dp is a bit higher too.
Thornwood is actually really solid, but it's similar to Star's End in that it relies on Ominous Ring drops. Hours you get a ring drop, it feels amazing. Hours you don't it feels pretty average. Ominous rings seem a little more rare in my experience than Distos at Star's End. All in all, I really enjoy Thornwood though since I've always liked the Dark Elf aesthetic there.

I don't blame you on Underwater. I don't really care for it that much either, just because it's a bit of a pain getting out there and I'm somebody who likes to rotate my grind spots a lot. I have my "favorites", but I like constantly mixing it up.

That said, underwater is definitely better than trees for money though, that's my only point.
I dunno what 6 pillar rotation is but at the 3 tree spot I always grind i'm almost never facing any down time (partly because the third tree usually has mobs that glitch out and result in a little bit of stand around time). I could probably get a little more if I found a 4 tree rotation that didn't have a lot of movement and had no mobs glitch out but I don't think it'd be a huge difference, maybe 1k trash per hour of agris?

I do the 2nd rotation there in that vid.
I haven't done centaurs at all since the buffs. Now that i'm running around on zerker maybe i'll head out there and do a few hours, i've always hated that spot, tho.
I fucking HATE outdoor spots where the packs aren't dense. It's like Ronaros but even less dense, if you can believe that. At least it's actually viable money though, unlike Ronaros. There's really only like 1 viable rotation at Cents and it's popular as shit because of how easy it is to one-shot there and make great cash with agris.
On a seperate note, now as i'm writing this i'm wondering if I should buy a vell's before I buy a tet blackstar offhand. I probably should and if I don't rebuy my manos accessories it won't be too much grinding to afford both.
Blackstar offhand is a complete fucking waste. R4 Tet Jetina offhand is all you need to hit AP caps even at endgame and you only gain 1 acc by going to PEN.
Cept I've already got 2 Garmoth's.
Go fuck yourself.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go fuck yourself.

I concur wholeheartedly with this statement :p

As for grinding I actually don't mind trees, but its always super crowded on seasons. Because its the only place they seem to know for past 60 grind. Protty, lower sycraia , some early elvia spots, thornwood/stars end, never have people in them.

Also I hate centaurs. I did that last season on awake valk. It's so spread out and huge, and a snore fest. I'd rather do a pot place with just as easy mobs, especially as I still need mana pot(manshaums being a bitch atm).

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I concur wholeheartedly with this statement :p

As for grinding I actually don't mind trees, but its always super crowded on seasons. Because its the only place they seem to know for past 60 grind. Protty, lower sycraia , some early elvia spots, thornwood/stars end, never have people in them.

Also I hate centaurs. I did that last season on awake valk. It's so spread out and huge, and a snore fest. I'd rather do a pot place with just as easy mobs, especially as I still need mana pot(manshaums being a bitch atm).
Underwater/lower sycraia is almost impossible to get to on a seasonal(meaning PEN Tuvala gear). Do you mean upper? Upper is actually better exp than lower and totally seasonable. Biraghi is actually fairly doable on seasonal as well and one of the better exp spots out there.

Protty is the big "unknown" one (2nd best exp after Gyfins) and is basically a one-shot spot. Problem is the alternate treasure drop event is going on, so it's pretty packed on seasonal/olvia I'm betting.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The fuck? How are you 284/331 with tuvala gear?
Most of my gear isn't tuvala, I just meant that's why I haven't bothered upgrading my awakening past tet jetina/tuvala, cause i've been playing succ classes.
gear.jpg

That's what my gear is atm. The kutum and griffon are both r4, the tungrad earring is my jetina accessory
Thornwood is actually really solid, but it's similar to Star's End in that it relies on Ominous Ring drops. Hours you get a ring drop, it feels amazing. Hours you don't it feels pretty average. Ominous rings seem a little more rare in my experience than Distos at Star's End. All in all, I really enjoy Thornwood though since I've always liked the Dark Elf aesthetic there.

I don't blame you on Underwater. I don't really care for it that much either, just because it's a bit of a pain getting out there and I'm somebody who likes to rotate my grind spots a lot. I have my "favorites", but I like constantly mixing it up.
Yeah i'm the same way with liking to mix up my grind spots. Back in the day I used to be able to poopsock one spot for hours and hours but I don't like to do that any more.

That said, underwater is definitely better than trees for money though, that's my only point.

I do the 2nd rotation there in that vid.

I fucking HATE outdoor spots where the packs aren't dense. It's like Ronaros but even less dense, if you can believe that. At least it's actually viable money though, unlike Ronaros. There's really only like 1 viable rotation at Cents and it's popular as shit because of how easy it is to one-shot there and make great cash with agris.

Blackstar offhand is a complete fucking waste. R4 Tet Jetina offhand is all you need to hit AP caps even at endgame and you only gain 1 acc by going to PEN.

I figure pen blackstar offhand would be better for succ than pen blackstar awakening but maybe not. I can compare the differences a bit whenever my manos actually sells, altho i'm sure I won't 1tap either of them with this j hammer so maybe awakening would be better to buy first anyways since tet bs would be gains vs tet dande as opposed to tet bs vs pen kutum being basically the same.

Yeah I hate the non dense spots. Did an hour at ronaros yesterday on the zerker. Did an hour at trees earlier, only had enough agris for 45 minutes instead of the full 60, got 14k trash + 4 belts + 30 caphras. Had a pri belt from the login box last night so used them to enhance, blew up the pri so bought another, and then blew it up at tri going for tet.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Underwater/lower sycraia is almost impossible to get to on a seasonal(meaning PEN Tuvala gear). Do you mean upper? Upper is actually better exp than lower and totally seasonable. Biraghi is actually fairly doable on seasonal as well and one of the better exp spots out there.

Protty is the big "unknown" one (2nd best exp after Gyfins) and is basically a one-shot spot. Problem is the alternate treasure drop event is going on, so it's pretty packed on seasonal/olvia I'm betting.
Since the exp change, protty seems to be crowded as hell on seasons.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I did lower sycraia on awake valk last season. Not the best to kill tougher mobs, but I could clear packs if I wanted. I was just testing it. But yes needed higher AP to do a real rotation. I was only killing maybe 6 packs before respawns. And I actually used elixir and alch stone for it. I almost never use those in season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Most of my gear isn't tuvala, I just meant that's why I haven't bothered upgrading my awakening past tet jetina/tuvala, cause i've been playing succ classes.
Ahh, gotcha. The way it was worded made it seem like you were just in full PEN Tuvala gear.
That's what my gear is atm. The kutum and griffon are both r4, the tungrad earring is my jetina accessory
Crescent ring is the better option for Jetina. Can you still exchange at TET? I forget.
Yeah i'm the same way with liking to mix up my grind spots. Back in the day I used to be able to poopsock one spot for hours and hours but I don't like to do that any more.
Yeah, I used to be a Star's End Andy 24/7, but I like mixing it up more now.
I figure pen blackstar offhand would be better for succ than pen blackstar awakening but maybe not. I can compare the differences a bit whenever my manos actually sells, altho i'm sure I won't 1tap either of them with this j hammer so maybe awakening would be better to buy first anyways since tet bs would be gains vs tet dande as opposed to tet bs vs pen kutum being basically the same.
Eh, it's technically more damage to go TET Blackstar awakening and R4 kutum than it is TET Blackstar offhand, TET Dande.

Blackstar Awakening gives you 16ish? I think monster AP and 9 all species AP over offhand. Offhand gives you 150HP, 100 stamina, and like 4 acc I think? Some small random DR and evasion as well.

Blackstar offhand is a waste unless you're constantly PvPing. Just get R4 Kutum and get the awakening at TET also.
Yeah I hate the non dense spots. Did an hour at ronaros yesterday on the zerker. Did an hour at trees earlier, only had enough agris for 45 minutes instead of the full 60, got 14k trash + 4 belts + 30 caphras. Had a pri belt from the login box last night so used them to enhance, blew up the pri so bought another, and then blew it up at tri going for tet.
Nice. Cost yourself around 2.2ish billion doing that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I did lower sycraia on awake valk last season. Not the best to kill tougher mobs, but I could clear packs if I wanted. I was just testing it. But yes needed higher AP to do a real rotation. I was only killing maybe 6 packs before respawns. And I actually used elixir and alch stone for it. I almost never use those in season.
You were doing LOWER sycraia at like 245AP/307DP? No fucking shot you were. I can buy the AP if you were juiced as fuck with elixirs, food, etc. But I'm having a really hard time believing you were doing it at 307 DP.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You were doing LOWER sycraia at like 245AP/307DP? No fucking shot you were. I can buy the AP if you were juiced as fuck with elixirs, food, etc. But I'm having a really hard time believing you were doing it at 307 DP.
Yes lower, I had to use the sea drop thing I got from protty to go down there. It wasnt easy or quick, but it was doable. I was testing it basically. Not really worth it because it takes so much to kill one pack.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Crescent ring is the better option for Jetina. Can you still exchange at TET? I forget.
I think you can but I have 2 pen capotia rings already so tet ring would just be equal, vs the earring which gives me more ap than the only other earrings I have in pen tuvalas. Eventually tho when i'm rich enough to consider upgrading the jetina the rest of the way to pen i'll probably swap it for the ring.
Nice. Cost yourself around 2.2ish billion doing that.
Ehh, could also look at it as only costing myself about 450-500m; pri and 4 base would be like 350-400m then take out market fee and add the 150m I spent on a 2nd pri.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think you can but I have 2 pen capotia rings already so tet ring would just be equal, vs the earring which gives me more ap than the only other earrings I have in pen tuvalas. Eventually tho when i'm rich enough to consider upgrading the jetina the rest of the way to pen i'll probably swap it for the ring.
It's only around 6-7bil for the ring(including the magical shard cost)and I guess maybe closer to 8-11 if you want to include Yona fragments and black stones as a "cost" as well. Imagine how close you'd be if you weren't blowing up accessories 🤔 .

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I could've sworn it was more like 30b or something to go from tet to pen but it's been a while so maybe that's not right, on top of doing all the dailies.

How much trash do you pull at thornwood? I just did an hour on my zerker and only got 4300 with blue scroll which seems terrible, 25 caphras and 50 dust.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I could've sworn it was more like 30b or something to go from tet to pen but it's been a while so maybe that's not right, on top of doing all the dailies.
Nah.

3.85b for the catalysts which is a fixed cost.
Roughly another 1b for the magic shards
Roughly another 1.5b for the Yona's if you melt down Ronaros rings, but if you grind valencia at all, they drop somewhat frequently.
Roughly another 1.5b for the black stones.

So yeah, 8-10ish billion on my rough math was correct, depending on market prices of shit at the time. The daily is something you should be running anyways if you're going to be out grinding. If you're ultra lazy, just do the grunt fishing daily where you have to catch 1 grunt or whatever it is.
How much trash do you pull at thornwood? I just did an hour on my zerker and only got 4300 with blue scroll, 25 caphras and 50 dust.
Usually around 6.2-6.5ish on a blue. Garmoth has the "average" at 7.7k, but there's no fucking way. MAYBE if you're on a top-tier grinder like an awakened nova, woosa, etc., but my absolute sweatiest hours were 6.9-7k on a blue. The 7.7k seems WAY inflated.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What's your ap/dp?

Yeah I have a bunch of yonas sitting around, probably the full 100 if I pool them all up. I am just lazy with the dailies but I could start doing them more. I thought it was more pricey so that's half the reason I haven't bothered but now that i'm getting decent gear I guess i'll start em up again.

Neck just sold at 27.9 after I played some price lowering games with the others, went with the awakening blackstar and failed the j hammer. Still have 10b left, dunno if I should buy a tet tung earring for the 2ap to get 286 and the 285bracket or just save up and grind the other 8b to put an order on a vells.

Edit: Went through and sold some of the extra outfits I had and ended up with just enough to preorder a vells so that ends that decision. Hopefully it doesn't take ages to fill.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I said fuck it and used the J Hammers on my Godr. Was able to 2 tap it to TRI on a 180 stack. Failed both hammers to TET with a 245 though.

Sitting at 285k/355 now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What's your ap/dp?

Yeah I have a bunch of yonas sitting around, probably the full 100 if I pool them all up. I am just lazy with the dailies but I could start doing them more. I thought it was more pricey so that's half the reason I haven't bothered but now that i'm getting decent gear I guess i'll start em up again.

Neck just sold at 27.9 after I played some price lowering games with the others, went with the awakening blackstar and failed the j hammer. Still have 10b left, dunno if I should buy a tet tung earring for the 2ap to get 286 and the 285bracket or just save up and grind the other 8b to put an order on a vells.
270/333 on my succ lahn that I pull around 6.2-6.5k with. Building her from a seasonal since I didn't want to coupon over my Guardian's gear on the off chance I decide to play her again (really got bored with Awakening on her, but it seems like succ guardian is in a really good spot now, which has me itching to try her out again). I'd say if you can't get at least 5.5k on a blue at Thornwood, it probably isn't worth your time. Are you doing castle/node rotation? I can show you if you want.

I'd save up and get the Vell's and do a journal/MSQ you're missing to get to the 285 bracket - chances are you're missing at least 1AP from one of those. Tungrad is a waste. You either need to be in Distos until Debo or if you're a PvP Andy I guess you could go Dawn's, but those are super niche.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I had enough to PO the vells after I sold my outfits so didn't get a tungrad. I don't think i'm missing any journal ap, only missing the elvia kzarka ap as far as I know which I started working on. On 3/5 with this reset.

1689291492166.png

Going off of this picture I guess the rotation I usually use is stairs spot. I'll check out the castle/node rotation next time I plan to head that way. I think i'm gonna go check out murrowaks and the other eternal winter spots next just to see what they're like since all I did out there was spam through the season storyline for it on the spring season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I had enough to PO the vells after I sold my outfits so didn't get a tungrad. I don't think i'm missing any journal ap, only missing the elvia kzarka ap as far as I know which I started working on. On 3/5 with this reset.

View attachment 482350
Going off of this picture I guess the rotation I usually use is stairs spot. I'll check out the castle/node rotation next time I plan to head that way. I think i'm gonna go check out murrowaks and the other eternal winter spots next just to see what they're like since all I did out there was spam through the season storyline for it on the spring season.
Yeah, I do a combo of main minor/major. Trash hours can also get a little fucky too if you don't get the event. Those help a lot with trash. But the event relies on your elite kills. So, as long as you have a good chunk of those in your rotation and you're killing them, you'll get 2-4/hour typically.

• 1Like