Black Desert

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, everyone else is excited for the free horses and I'm sitting here like, fuck that, I liked when not everyone had one.

Then again, I got my first dream horse I think over 3 years ago. So it probably wasn't that special at this point anyway. Especially when 10b isn't what it used to be.

I'm kind of glad my extra T8 courser didn't pop yet (think I'm at 26 FS). I probably would've wasted my T10 attempts. I have a ton of everything except ferns saved up. Not sure on the feathers but I think I've got a decent amount. Still sitting on the free horse item to see whether I get lucky on the courser to pop a peggy or if I need to use it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a casual and I mostly play just seasons. It took me until the free one to even have a dream and that I can use it in season? Amazing.

I wont even imagine a t10, as I would first have to get another t9, secondly, play the gamble game at some probably expensive ass chance per try and finally, wouldn't be able to use it in most of my playtime. All the while removing the t9 i could be using the entire time in season if I got the t10.

Maybe i'll just sell feathers and such I get.

It sucks you cant sell the other stuff you get for t9, all those fruits, flowers, conch, seaweed etc. I have a lot of it just sitting around, because I could never get a t8 courser to even start trying to use them.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It sucks you cant sell the other stuff you get for t9, all those fruits, flowers, conch, seaweed etc. I have a lot of it just sitting around, because I could never get a t8 courser to even start trying to use them.
Yeah, now that T10 is fully here, they need to allow you to sell those T2 mats for dream horses. It's especially dumb because you can sell the T1 mats, Krogdolo stones, etc.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you not have like a stack of 30 horse skill coupons at this point? I only came back earlier this year and I had tons. Enough to do two T8 coursers, and have done two T9s to ensure max skills. And I think I have like 13 or 14 still.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The best change in this patch is separating the cooldown of the archaeologists map and traveler's map cooldowns. Fuckin' finally.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the Mana pot today, was a lot easier than HP pot, imo. Took my lvl60 / tri armored Season witch into Hystria (thought it was Aakman), and its pretty dicey with only 258dp. Think I'll just lvl up to 62 at Fogans then go back til end of Season.

Molten Core Raider
Interesting. 14 Garmoth spawns during the week now, but you can only obtain loot from 3 of them, plus three weekly quests for kills/loot. Should make Hearts more plentiful....hopefully.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wonder if they changed the Garmoth script. That's the part that sucks, 2/3 of the fight is just waiting around for animations to finish. I'd imagine at least partially since the Kagtums were removed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder if they changed the Garmoth script. That's the part that sucks, 2/3 of the fight is just waiting around for animations to finish. I'd imagine at least partially since the Kagtums were removed.
Garmoth will die almost instantly now. No phases, unless it flys up and does the nuke twice, even then with the amount of ppl there it should die faster than any other boss, lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That will be nice, though have to remember to pick up the quest each time. Should of made it from the BS instead of the node manager there.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. 14 Garmoth spawns during the week now, but you can only obtain loot from 3 of them, plus three weekly quests for kills/loot. Should make Hearts more plentiful....hopefully.

Super necessary change. If nothing else, the 14 spawn times is huge. The drop rate being what it was with only like 3 spawn times was retarded. Now with more spawn times, the weekly, and the fact you won't have to "waste" as much time getting 3 crons with the phase changes, it should help a LOT.

I'm someone who has killed Cronmoth over 100 times easily and have never seen even 1 heart, let alone fucking 2(or even 3 if you PvP).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
One of the things I greatly enjoy about Guild Wars 2 is trying out different builds across the various professions and running around killing difficult bosses and events in the open world. Is there anything similar to this in BDO?

I tried BDO over a year ago and, while combat felt awesome, mobs just mindlessly stood around in clumps while I obliterated them by mashing abilities. Granted, I never got very high level so I realize that's not really a fair assessment of what it's like towards the "end game".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One of the things I greatly enjoy about Guild Wars 2 is trying out different builds across the various professions and running around killing difficult bosses and events in the open world. Is there anything similar to this in BDO?

I tried BDO over a year ago and, while combat felt awesome, mobs just mindlessly stood around in clumps while I obliterated them by mashing abilities. Granted, I never got very high level so I realize that's not really a fair assessment of what it's like towards the "end game".
As far as "open world" events similar to GW2? Not really. Nothing has really changed on that front in a year.

As far as difficult bosses, they recently added a weekly "boss blitz" event where you can face off against 10 different bosses of varying difficulty. You can set your difficulty and you only get 10% of your gear value, so skill > gear.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
As far as "open world" events similar to GW2? Not really. Nothing has really changed on that front in a year.
Well, not "events" per se. More like the various champion mobs you find in HoT hero points, or those here and there in core Tyria (like the bandit champions).

So, regarding what you said above, there's nothing like Tequatl, Fire Elemental, Megadestroyer, etc? If that's true, from a PvE open-world perspective, what is there for a player to do?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, not "events" per se. More like the various champion mobs you find in HoT hero points, or those here and there in core Tyria (like the bandit champions).

So, regarding what you said above, there's nothing like Tequatl, Fire Elemental, Megadestroyer, etc? If that's true, from a PvE open-world perspective, what is there for a player to do?
There are various "events" at grind spots. Depending on the grind spot, you can get an "elite" or "mini-boss" style monster to spawn, which drop additional trash loot/rewards.

Open world standpoint? It's the same gameplay loop it has always been. Farming grinding areas for money/loot - there are also "group" grind spots from anywhere from 2-5 players. They have 3 dungeons as well, if that's more your speed.

Molten Core Raider
Is farming better than gathering to obtain Fruits of Enchantment? I havent ever really invested much in farming but I have a nearly master gatherer. Ive managed to get around 60 fruits of enchantment from picking wild herbs, is farming a better use of time to get them?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The GW2 world events are in a class by themselves, not sure there is any other mmo that has managed to do them as well as GW2. There is nothing like a big boss with multiple stages and mechanics in open world BDO. The closest to that is a world boss named Shadow, which is a smallish dragon that flies of to various spots as it gets damaged the zerg follows it. The grind zone events that Kirun Kirun mentioned are a bit too rare, imo, with the best only taking place on the Season servers at various Valencia Desert spots.. specials mobs spawn, wave and wave until the boss spawns. You also have the various Field Bosses, World Bosses (some with Uber versions), the Black Shrine (Boss Blitz), and a group of 10-ish soloable Bosses each week.

Not sure if you played when the Elvia realm was accessible, but those are higher end spots, each having a basic mechanic to aware of, which can be fun or boring. The latest Elvia grind spots can all spawn a special boss (rng if you get the special one or if you get one of the two lesser bosses). So yea, nothing on GW2's level of open world engagement, sadly.

Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx Put workers on "Farming" nodes, preferably Humans with high luck, and you'll start getting bags of vegetables(?), which might drop random Fruits (new system, not totally sure what those drop).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can get all of the fruits and also another bag with all the traces.

Third one is miner's sack and mostly worthless as who the fuck wants those random ores?

Molten Core Raider
Ive been getting a few of those, and while they do help, you randomly get any fruit so since Im mainly chasing just one it's been hit or miss. I did check and replace any non-human workers with humans so maybe more bags will help. Between all the other farming/questing required for a single T10 attempt, by the time Im ready with ferns and flowers, maybe the fruits will be ready too