Black Desert

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
TET Blackstars going way up in price. Think they're up from about 15b to 17.5b in the past 10 days.

I think I bought mine around April or May for like 13.5b (looks like they've been sitting at 13.5-14b prior to mid-June).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
TET Blackstars going way up in price. Think they're up from about 15b to 17.5b in the past 10 days.

I think I bought mine around April or May for like 13.5b (looks like they've been sitting at 13.5-14b prior to mid-June).
It's because people are buying them to J hammer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Until when? Until they hit PEN BS with free Crons from events/J hammers?

How does a PEN BS have "more" potential? Duo Godr > TET BS. You think just because you buy a TET BS you're going to EZ 1 tap it to PEN? Your BS is going to SIT at TET for a long while, which is the whole point of Duo Godr - it acts as a stop-gap that has better stats while you wait to get RNG carried, or you happen to save 145 Bil. It's a 5% rate even with like a 250 stack, which means you're going to need to tap that bitch around 45 times before success. It's a LONG process to get a PEN BS, unless you get ultra RNG carried.

What you should do is get a DUO Godr and USE it, meanwhile you buy a TET BS to keep in storage for taps when they give out a bunch of Crons, J hammer, etc. and pray you get lucky one day. If you do, you sell the Godr and make back the money you spent on the TET BS. Sure, you "lose" 17b, but you were going to lose that either way because even enhancing up a BS from scratch still has a "cost"(remnant cost, crons, failstacks, enhancement stones, etc.) and based on RNG, probably more than the 17b it costs to buy it outright.
I think you lost track of the conversation here. This was all in response to Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx asking on a path forward with his Succ Lahn. You mentioned getting a DUO Godr instead of a TET BS, which is fine... but also a waste. Which is were you had some disagreement. Now you seem to expect someone to spend @32bln for 3AP, there are better options.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think you lost track of the conversation here. This was all in response to Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx asking on a path forward with his Succ Lahn. You mentioned getting a DUO Godr instead of a TET BS, which is fine... but also a waste. Which is were you had some disagreement. Now you seem to expect someone to spend @32bln for 3AP, there are better options.
Yes, DUO Godr is the better option over TET BS. I'm not sure where that advice is wrong? 32b isn't what you spend up front. You spend the 17 on DUO Godr(because you were going to spend that on TET BS anyways), then you grab a TET BS later, once you've farmed up more silver and by then have more free crons, maybe another J hammer, etc.

If he has a TRI BS or something just sitting there? Sure, it might end up "cheaper" to just try and tap it TET on a 165ish stack, since it's only around 1.2ish bil a click in Crons and you have around a 63% chance to get it within 10 clicks. However, you're more likely still looking at around 15-25 as an "average", which ends up actually costing you more than just buying it outright.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had to buy a loyalty VP, but that Flame of Hongbik was an easy 2b silver. Figure I can get one every 5-6 weeks and there's no way the price stays that high.

And since I'm currently at TET R4 Bheg's and C5 Giath Helm, I'm nowhere close to needing it. I'll probably get 4 more flames before getting enough caphras to need it for gloves.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Had to buy a loyalty VP, but that Flame of Hongbik was an easy 2b silver. Figure I can get one every 5-6 weeks and there's no way the price stays that high.

And since I'm currently at TET R4 Bheg's and C5 Giath Helm, I'm nowhere close to needing it. I'll probably get 4 more flames before getting enough caphras to need it for gloves.
Yeah, it's not a bad idea to "cash in" on the Fallen God gloves craze if you aren't close to C10 gloves. I remember when Despairs used to sit on order and it'd take months to get one. Now you can get one for 1-1.5b.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know everyone says not to enhance Godr, but fuck that. Two tapped my DUO to TRI the other day. Used 2 hammers and didn't get it, but did another 7 taps today and got it to TET.

Also went ahead and finally bought some Urugon's which bumped me up another tier on DP (at 364 now). Was using Tuvala still. Last Tuvala piece to replace is an earring now, which might be a while with how expensive TET Disto's are.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
might be a while with how expensive TET Disto's are.
You would've been 14b closer if you didn't smash your Godr ;) .

Fucked back around on my Guardian last night and almost immediately remembered why I sidelined her. She moves like a fuckin' oaf, goddamn. Her movement/actions are so slow and lumbering, I just can't do it. Not to mention, I forgot just how goddamn shift-heavy she is on all her abilities. I was just fucking around farming endless MP potion pieces at Tshira, practicing combos and JFC was my pinky killing me after an hour. But holy fuck do I ever miss her AoE potential. Her AoEs are insane compared to Lahn.

That's the one thing I really fucking hate about the Lahn. She's super fluid, but her AoEs are complete ass outside of Blooming Nether. But even that is limited because it moves you through shit. Does anyone know if her Awakening kit has better AOEs? I know that Awakening/Succession Lahn grind pretty similarly (succ is slightly better in most spots, obviously), but I'd sacrifice a few hundred trash/hour just go have better AOEs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You would've been 14b closer if you didn't smash your Godr ;) .
Not sure what you mean by that. It cost me crons I already had, a few scorched shards, and a few mem frags. I'm not one of those people that assigns some magical value to failstacks as if I can somehow cash those in for actual silver.

As for awakening lahn, I know she has lots of sustain. No clue on the AOE's though. I've never been a fan of awakening classes just cause I hate the whole stance switching thing. It just feels awkward.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what you mean by that. It cost me crons I already had, a few scorched shards, and a few mem frags. I'm not one of those people that assigns some magical value to failstacks as if I can somehow cash those in for actual silver.
You essentially blew up 14b worth of crons. Yes, there isn't a way to "sell" those crons, you're correct. But buying them would've cost you 14b, roughly. And if you had 7k cron stones saved up, I question why you weren't tapping a TET BS with them instead.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did the math and Godr came out about 15b cheaper to go from TRI to PEN than a BS from TET to PEN.

That's between crons and the double increased cost of repairs.

Now, that's also assuming average attempts (which was something like 18 and 24 for the Godr and 22 or 23 for the Blackstar). And since I've beaten the odds massively on both TRI and TET, it appears to have been the correct decision.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did the math and Godr came out about 15b cheaper to go from TRI to PEN than a BS from TET to PEN.

That's between crons and the double increased cost of repairs.

Now, that's also assuming average attempts (which was something like 18 and 24 for the Godr and 22 or 23 for the Blackstar). And since I've beaten the odds massively on both TRI and TET, it appears to have been the correct decision.

I wish I had this luck in game lol

godrPEN.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For sure.

But I've also used the Garmoth one, I think for FG, and hit it like 80 times in a row before I got it to go. Kind of like the actual game.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching Asmongold start BDO reminds me how confusing the game can be at first for new players with nothing unlocked and not knowing any systems.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching Asmongold start BDO reminds me how confusing the game can be at first for new players with nothing unlocked and not knowing any systems.
He doesn't have the patience or interest to learn. If he did, he would play off-stream.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Had a PO up for a vells for like 5 days and it didn't fill so switched it to the concentrated magic last night and it filled over night. Now I just gotta find the cheapest way to make the alch stone shards.

Now that my armor is basically all pen (helm is still sitting at reform 4 but will finish it to pen this week probably) should I just caphras everything equally so that I get the most gs increases or should I just throw em all into one piece til it's c10 and then do that again on the next?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a PO up for a vells for like 5 days and it didn't fill so switched it to the concentrated magic last night and it filled over night. Now I just gotta find the cheapest way to make the alch stone shards.

Now that my armor is basically all pen (helm is still sitting at reform 4 but will finish it to pen this week probably) should I just caphras everything equally so that I get the most gs increases or should I just throw em all into one piece til it's c10 and then do that again on the next?
That is something I never had to think about, haha, so I'd just pick one and finish it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're going for actual usefulness, get them all to c4, then c9, then get em to c10 and upgrade.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He doesn't have the patience or interest to learn. If he did, he would play off-stream.
Yeah, he's obviously just doing it because he's out of content and there's a bunch of buzz surrounding the game right now. He basically played through Velia and is already bitching that "movement in combat is too slow". He's going to hate BDO, it's WAAAAY too difficult for his boomer ass and when games are hard, it's somehow the fault of the game and not him. He said he hated the "fighting game" style of it and wanted to be able to just hotkey his abilities like WoW. He's never going to last.

You could C5 all your pieces for roughly the same Caphras cost as a C10 Griffon Helm/Labreska (actually a few hundred less than C10 helm). The C5 would give you 10 more DP, 3 more DR, 7 more evasion, and 30 more health over Labreska. Plus, that doesn't even include all the other hidden stats C5 gives.

Caphrasing evenly is the better option, unless you just want a Fallen God piece of armor to say you have one or to be "done" with that slot (you still have to enhance it though, so it still isn't "done").

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, he's obviously just doing it because he's out of content and there's a bunch of buzz surrounding the game right now. He basically played through Velia and is already bitching that "movement in combat is too slow". He's going to hate BDO, it's WAAAAY too difficult for his boomer ass and when games are hard, it's somehow the fault of the game and not him. He said he hated the "fighting game" style of it and wanted to be able to just hotkey his abilities like WoW. He's never going to last.
To be fair the controls could be better. Unless they changed them since last time I played, but one thing I really disliked is you couldn't change anything. If the devs decided your movement skill is Shift forward or Back F or whatever, then that's that. They should let you rebind stuff as you want, even if you have to keep using commands.

DFO, another korean game that has this type of commands lets you rebind everything as you want(well to an extent). You can make shortcuts with any amount of directions(being a 2D game it works ok with fighting game inputs like shoryuken and stuff not just single directions) and with the skill 1, skill 2, jump and basic attack buttons(which you can rebind to any key). On top of that you can put almost everything on the bars(BDO had much more limited actions being hotkeyable). They reward you for using the commands over the buttons by having a little cooldown bonus though, and some gear sets are built around using command inputs only(usually being the highest damage output tiers to compensate for the added trouble).

I don't think it'd be impossible for BDO to let you rebind everything to a different command, so you can unify class skills based on your own preference(all movement skills are this combination, 2nd movement that and so on). It would likely be a lot of work on the UI and possibly the code for commands is actually some spaghetti shit that's hard to change keys for, so I could see it being low priority, but I distinctly remember hating some skills just because of how annoying they were to hit in my normal flow.

I will agree he won't last though but I'd say that's a general thing for BDO, it's a very specific type of mmo that only appeals to a fairly limited amount of people, past the short/mid term discovery. The fact the game is basically largely just grinding mobs for many hours so you get gold to progress your gear slightly and advance a number that then lets you fight slightly stronger monsters once you reach a certain treshold and repeat until you're out of things to do is just not for everyone. It doesn't help that they've seemingly abandonned a lot of their side content stuff over the years or just slap kinda band aid fixes on them(bartering or trading, and most lifeskilling in general lagging behind and being just worse than grinding mobs in the current state).

Still one of these days I can see myself playing this again for a while. Maybe if they ever increase Marni's time, to me that was the big addition that made me interested in the game again but 1 hour feels a bit too short.