Black Desert

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, because spamming BDO chat 12 hours a day is the way to bring about change for people who genuinely give a shit about China/Taiwan/anything else. Their courage and bravery truly touches my heart every time. One day, all the gamers of the world will bring about great change through their video game spam.

Stick it to the devs enough and the mmo activists might even reach the pinnacles of change for the good of humanity that CoD lobbies used to achieve (and probably still do, I dunno I haven't played console games in years, do they still spam scream n-bombs and whatever else to try and be edgy?).

Don't get all butt hurt, I'm throwing your words right back at you..."I'll never understand why chat stuff bothers people so much."was your own phrase.

I agree, twatty women and whiney bitches getting all butthurt over vidya game chat need to harden the fuck up or...super novel idea...mute and block people.

You'll never guess how clean most chats get after you block like 5 people, thats it...5 people. Even better if you can add your own chat-filters.

Any game that has chat filters and language filters as an option should ban anyone reporting other players for hurty words...not the hurty words people.

The reality is that this won't be used half as much to ban hurty-words and will be used...in a shocking move no one could have ever guessed...to ban or record people talking poorly about china and possibly getting their locations.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm saying the ones saying "omg they're policing chat, commie fuckers, shit game" are the crybabies, and they're being disingenuous trying to argue that they're "out to fight the good fight" by being trolls in MMO chats (whether this game or any other). Normal people aren't negatively impacted by them saying they're going to start enforcing the rules more strictly. The ones impacted are the 5 people who spam shit in chat all day just to get a rise out of people.

I'd be willing to bet that more people will get chat bans for calling people faggot or retard or anything else like that than will for saying something bad about China (and "possibly getting their locations"? What? China gonna start tracking down people in the USA and EU who are badmouthing them via reports on BDO and sending re-education teams out?).

I'm all for free-for-all chats and no rules, let people say what they want to say, because like you said, you can just block them or ignore it. However, if PA (or any company) wants to put rules in place to use their service that say "Hey guys, you will lose chat permissions if you break these rules we have" then more power to them. I can't run in to some commercial business and rant/rave for 10 hours a day without possible repercussions. This is no different.

On a different note, I rerolled to succ witch a few weeks ago and was liking it but after the patch she feels like she's taking 2x as much dmg so that's kind of annoying. I have more weapon exchange coupons but want to give it more time for the new changes to get ironed out a bit before I use them. Have a mystic tagged and she's been kind of fun but having to basically hold shift permanently takes a toll on my left hand after a couple hours of grinding.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's possible you are unaware that PA already had a policy for "safe chat", where ppl would get banned for vulgarity if reported.

This new policy is a direct change to meet some requirements set by the Chinese government so they can release the game there. Prior to this change you could type Free Hong Kong with no repercussions at all, but now you will get a chat ban. That is the difference.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I just realized that the FOMO the game seemed to be leaning into so heavily was starting to frustrate me.

Plus, I really hated that after this long, seasonal STILL dumps you off in freakin' Kratuga. Which is hundreds if not thousands of hours away from places like Ulukita, Dehkia Lantern spots, etc.

It's just a game that favors those who've been playing for years. And I get it, they are catering to the "loyal" players of the game. But it's not a game you can ever really take a "break" from without falling hundreds of hours more behind - hence more FOMO.
Yeah, I hear you. I’ve just decided, as a part-time player there are aspects of this game. I will never see. The amount of time you have to sink in, and the luck/cash door that you have to expand to get top to your stuff is daunting at the least.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Checked the website to see if there was free shit but the event is next week and there's no J hammer event listed yet so guess it'll be later, I'll probably login to claim all that stuff.

Not a big fan of them forcing guilds to choose which facet they want to focus on exclusively, lots of people who enjoy multiple aspects of the game(especially pve+lifeskilling overlap) and it sucks since all your chars are in the same guild. New content sounds interesting enough but a bunch of that stuff sounds like their 2025+ plans rather than tangible things that'll come anytime soon.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Checked the website to see if there was free shit but the event is next week and there's no J hammer event listed yet so guess it'll be later, I'll probably login to claim all that stuff.

Not a big fan of them forcing guilds to choose which facet they want to focus on exclusively, lots of people who enjoy multiple aspects of the game(especially pve+lifeskilling overlap) and it sucks since all your chars are in the same guild. New content sounds interesting enough but a bunch of that stuff sounds like their 2025+ plans rather than tangible things that'll come anytime soon.
J hammer code is out, check garmoth. Failed my 2 taps of course.

Remmy

Lord Nagafen Raider
New nodewars is fail. Previous nodewar system was fail. Removal of world pvp was fail. War of roses was mega fail. PvE dungeons mega fail. Still no good instanced pvp to replace removal of sandboxy world pvp. 3v3 was/is ok. This shit is rough, but hey they handing out free gear right?

• 1Worf

Remmy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just giving people a no bullshit update on the games trends zombienerd. No need to get all attacky.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Saw this, thought it was applicable. It’s so wierd, there are some easy things you could add to the game to make it new again.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Is there an advantage to grind in Elvia Calpheon? Ive been sticking with Orcs and Bloody Monastery but I was debating moving to Calpheon. Rhutums seem to be too much risk for not enough reward. Right now at 296/250(ish) ap/dp

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna assume you mean 350dp not 250 and yeah, you should probably be fine at giants. Not sure what class you play, I was doing Jade Starlight at around those stats too, more than giants. I only put a couple hours into giants total but they didn't seem too dangerous for 350+ dp even tho it recommends 380 or something.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The bosses is what can be dangerous if your DP is a bit low, you definitely don't want to get clipped by their stuff but once you know how they work it's definitely not so bad but might depend on class.

Giants is definitely an upgrade over orcs for most classes, but if your stats aren't up to par to do it comfortably it might just be worse/the same and orcs is a lot safer so you can stick there until you upgrade your armor some. Most other spots suck for Calpheon, or they're niche alternatives.