Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

SANDCASTLES.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My biggest worry for this is Ford, he seems to have lost a few steps in his acting, he always seems the same now, when he showed I was like oh so he is playing old Han solo in this too.

Supposedly he actually has always liked his role in Blade Runner and was excited for this but we'll have to see. With someone like Ford personal preference at this point is a huge factor. There's so many other things that could be wrong that I'm not sure I'm even worried about it that much.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly he actually has always liked his role in Blade Runner and was excited for this but we'll have to see. With someone like Ford personal preference at this point is a huge factor. There's so many other things that could be wrong that I'm not sure I'm even worried about it that much.

Never knew that but it's seemed like ford has been trapped in certain roles for whatever reasons and just phoned it in like Jennifer Lawrence in X-men. Ford has came off very relieve to have ended his Han Solo Role.. Gossling has talked about meeting him on the set and Ford seems to care. Not going to track down all the articles

Ford didn't start shooting his Blade Runner scenes until about month into production, which Gosling says gave him time to prepare for their first meeting, "hoping that we were making something that would be satisfying to him."

But when the moment finally came, it was nothing but rainbows and butterflies between the two. "It was just unmistakably him -- even in silhouette, you couldn't miss it -- and it was just such a relief," Gosling shares. "He immediately put everyone at ease and went right to work."

Right to work Gosling and Ford went, which sometimes included filming in cold locations… and jumping in hot tubs to warm up.

"Talking to Harrison fully clothed in a hot tub is an experience I never thought I'd have," Gosling reveals, laughing. "If you had told me a few years ago, I wouldn't have believed it."

Gossling seems to be a huge fan of Blade Runner also

Last edited:

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Curious if they will have any eggs to the rest of Dick's universe. The newest thing which looks to be from prop creators, directors and writers have been the tie-ins to Alien/Predators universe.

spronk

FPS noob
I liked that trailer, it has a very strong Blade Runner aesthetic and vibe, but then again I also liked ghost in the shell with ScarJo so I guess I'm just a sucker for cyberpunk

barring sub 30% reviews on release week I'll be watching this in theaters

I really, really hope they don't try to make a twist of Ryan Gosling being a replicant, that would be lame

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I'd be pretty surprised if he was, Villenueve has too much control to let the people who made the trailer ruin the surprise if that was going to be it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well they got the visuals and music right at least. They seem to be keeping faith with the original inasmuch as we see things like the very obvious ATARI logo present in 2049. The key will be the acting / tone of the final product. The original had a number of standout performances that would have been exceptional even on an empty stage and which became iconic when paired with the overall atmosphere.

Frankly if I was CDProjekt I'd be jizzing uncontrollably at this resurgence of cyberpunk as a genre right as they are finishing up their game.

Siliconemelons

I liked that trailer, it has a very strong Blade Runner aesthetic and vibe, but then again I also liked ghost in the shell with ScarJo so I guess I'm just a sucker for cyberpunk

barring sub 30% reviews on release week I'll be watching this in theaters

I really, really hope they don't try to make a twist of Ryan Gosling being a replicant, that would be lame

I'd be pretty surprised if he was, Villenueve has too much control to let the people who made the trailer ruin the surprise if that was going to be it.

I kind of got that vibe from the trailer, that Gosling would be a // to Ford - but for Gosling to be confirmed (in film) a replicant while also showing Ford NOT to be one - He obviously is going to test Ford "Let me ask you some questions" - but well... we will see how it turns out.

I say this because I think many "standard" movie goers that know of, saw back then, kinda remember BladeRunner have Ford as not a replicant - while even the offical line has moved around on that over the years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
I got kind of a "soft-reboot" vibe from the trailer. IE: the story's spine and the environmentals are essentially the same but with new characters and settings to make it feel distinct from the OG source it's rebooting.

KInda like how Force Awakens was a soft reboot for ANH.