Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It looks so....generic, the trailer and the movie.
Why people can't make a trailer that is different from the norm?
The movie...well i really hope it does well but till now...not amused at all

Fadaar

That guy
I got kind of a "soft-reboot" vibe from the trailer. IE: the story's spine and the environmentals are essentially the same but with new characters and settings to make it feel distinct from the OG source it's rebooting.

KInda like how Force Awakens was a soft reboot for ANH.

A soft sequel reboot, a se-boot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They seem to have capture the visual and music of the original and with Villeneuve delivering so far, it makes me pretty optimistic about this.

Original is one of my favorite movie of all time, think I saw it like 3-4 times in the theater when I was a kid.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a pretty good trailer, didn't see anything lame about it at all. Looking forward to the movie.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Really great trailer. Both this and Thor: Ragnarok should get a Trailer of the Year award.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If at any point in this movie a hoard of CGI Roy Battys or Prises show up for a big fight with Driver I'm leaving and demanding a refund.

Trailer does look pretty decent. It looks like I was hoping it would look.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That face melting synth and the visuals have me completely sold.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish they'd kept the tone / mood of the first part of the trailer in the second half, feel like it jumped the shark a tad. Still decent though.

Sterling

El Presidente
That trailer was surprisingly better than I expected. Still feel like there's a very high probability that the movie will suck though.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I have faith in the director on this one and that Scott is only producing. Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival wasn't amazing but it's not as bad as some make it out to be.

• 1Picard

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a year with a new Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy... still my most anticipated movie of the year. Trying to keep hype level realistic and in-check. So hard.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gos looks like hes going to kill this role.

Sicario and Prisoners both shared that "dead-air" drawn out vibe, which had some viewers feeling very tense and absolutely fascinated in Prisoners, and unfortunately had others snoozing and losing feeling about the characters in Sicario.

The director has an identifiable style, period. And its going to be very well suited to a neo-noir flick. Its a GREAT fit. Whoever called the shots on this one (Riddley Scott likely had a big say in the decision) has a very good eye.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first half of that preview was exactly how the movie should be. The atmosphere and music were dead on. I realize that with better effects comes a little bit of change but I hope they do not over do it to much with the CGI. The preview did not disappoint but it will not be a first night watch for me. I eagerly wait to see what people have to say about the movie when it comes out.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sicario and Prisoners both shared that "dead-air" drawn out vibe, which had some viewers feeling very tense and absolutely fascinated in Prisoners, and unfortunately had others snoozing and losing feeling about the characters in Sicario.

There are people who didn't like Sicario?

What in the fuck?

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
visually that looks fucking 10/10, that is the blade runner and ghost in the shell world i imagine if I close my eyes

definitely a day one watch, hope the story matches the look and acting