Bloodborne

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's at least one in the woods and especially if you went into the woods and back around to the clinic. Beast Roar was my base. The hunter in the university uses the one that tentacle blasts you IIRC. I forget which one that was or where you get it. The best damaging hunter tool is A Call Beyond.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any guides around for an Arcane build? I already did a gun-only Bloodtinge build a few months ago and we STILL DON'T HAVE A REMASTER ANNOUNCEMENT so I might as well play it again.

Not sure if Arcane-only is possible and even if it is I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble. Thinking of a regular playthrough where I rely primarily on Arcane if such a thing is possible. I would think Tonitrus would be the go-to weapon, but I already did a playthrough with that, so are there any other major Arcane weapons?

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Any guides around for an Arcane build? I already did a gun-only Bloodtinge build a few months ago and we STILL DON'T HAVE A REMASTER ANNOUNCEMENT so I might as well play it again.

Not sure if Arcane-only is possible and even if it is I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble. Thinking of a regular playthrough where I rely primarily on Arcane if such a thing is possible. I would think Tonitrus would be the go-to weapon, but I already did a playthrough with that, so are there any other major Arcane weapons?
Arcane is crazy powerful but arcane damage doesn't scale viscerals so the play style might be a bit different than you are used to. The damage scales all the way to 99 also.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
I'm not tho, well I used the free NPC one. Ya, fair point.

I don't have some neckbeard with a great sword crushing it for me to be sure.

And I'm yet to find any tools/spells per se. Prob cuz I'm not spoilering.

The one hunter before the spider has a spell I definitely fucking want. WHEW.

I'm 50 arcane, was gonna stop around 60 using previous game knowledge. Think I want at least 30 vit (40-50 if it keeps scaling well), 18 end seems good for my taste.
Arcane at 25/50 for converted weapons, for hunter tools it's all the way to 99. Enjoy the destruction of a pure arcane build ;)

• 2Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum

The "kos Parasite" in the DLC is the only pure arcane weapon in the game, weapons like Tonitrus is split damage weapons, so I think it's better to focus on non split damage weapons and get the right version of that weapon in chalice dungeons, plus farm for appropriate gems for your build.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The "kos Parasite" in the DLC is the only pure arcane weapon in the game, weapons like Tonitrus is split damage weapons, so I think it's better to focus on non split damage weapons and get the right version of that weapon in chalice dungeons, plus farm for appropriate gems for your build.

That from Orphan? Yeah, that's the last thing I would get in any Bloodborne run. I didn't do the DLC in the Bloodtinge gun-only run, but I think I'll do it this time.

Edit:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm askin for it at this point. I want a boss that's gonna take me 15+ attempts. I've got a sweet tooth for grief and overcoming.
I may have missed if you've tried him, but Martyr Logarius was that fight for me, death after death, so many resources used...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not yet. I am probably all over the place as I'm almost entirely going blind. Only some minor spoilers I don't mind like these talking to ppl about my doins.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
That from Orphan? Yeah, that's the last thing I would get in any Bloodborne run. I didn't do the DLC in the Bloodtinge gun-only run, but I think I'll do it this time.

Edit:

Correct it's from Orphan. Btw, the video you posted show what I mentioned in my previous post about using a conversion weapon and add gems to it, in this case fire gems. although using the stake driver forces you to go the STR/ARC route early for it's 18 STR req.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Came to think of it the summon guy during spider caterpillar did I think next to nothing.

The Vicar wolf one did do mad work.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stop using the NPC summons dude lol they trivialize bosses.

I used one once and it absolutely wrekt the lightning beast. So I stopped.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The guy you get for the spider was a clown tho. He didn't dodge one little spider, then took a full arcane barrage and that was that lol. Poor bastard.

On another play through I wouldn't use the Vicar one.

I'm curious about a blood tinge build and just moved into the upper ward. The Cthulhu/amygdalan stuff is crazy in a good way. Can't shoot them hanging on the buildings but I'm sure one of em is gonna tangle with me eventually.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Stop using the NPC summons dude lol they trivialize bosses.

I used one once and it absolutely wrekt the lightning beast. So I stopped.

I wrecked the lightning beast in general. By the time I found it, I was way overleveled for it. It feels like a boss you're supposed to fight early in the game, but it's in a spot where you're not likely to find it until a lot later IMO.

As for the Stake Driver, yeah, I'm not too sure if I like it or the Arcane/STR setup in the video. I'm more likely to go straight Arcane. If the Holy Moonlight Greatsword or whatever it's called in this partially scales with Arcane like I remember, that'll probably be my final weapon. I'm still trying to formulate a plan of attack for everything up to that.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It feels like a boss you're supposed to fight early in the game, but it's in a spot where you're not likely to find it until a lot later IMO.

My only complaint besides lack of an early game spell for arcane. Father G fight has outshadowed it all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
so are there any other major Arcane weapons?
Im using a +6 fire imbued saw-spear.

I didn't see the arcane scaling going up like I thought it would but it fucking rapes when the bleed proc or w.e goes off. If there is such a thing, I do see a graphic. I'm high arcane and 2 shot wolf beasts instead of requiring 2 full stam dumps of swinging pre imbue.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Im using a +6 fire imbued saw-spear.

I didn't see the arcane scaling going up like I thought it would but it fucking rapes when the bleed proc or w.e goes off. If there is such a thing, I do see a graphic. I'm high arcane and 2 shot wolf beasts instead of requiring 2 full stam dumps of swinging pre imbue.
saw weapon type has damage bonus vs beasts.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
saw weapon type has damage bonus vs beasts.

Sometimes I see this bleed effect seemingly pop off and do some extra burst. Shrug.

Biggest point to make is that while not changing the weapons arcane scaling like I would expect in a Souls, it did cause my damage to fly up. Think I posted a pic of it earlier, it's aight.

Feel like I need to farm a duplicate setup for the saw blade cuz weps def go faster in this than Souls too. I have some +2 Regen in the saw for a lil Regen between packs or roaming and searching. It's also what I pull out to kill obvious super wimpy stuff to spare the fire spear's durability. Might keep it like dis tbh.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
As for the Stake Driver, yeah, I'm not too sure if I like it or the Arcane/STR setup in the video. I'm more likely to go straight Arcane. If the Holy Moonlight Greatsword or whatever it's called in this partially scales with Arcane like I remember, that'll probably be my final weapon. I'm still trying to formulate a plan of attack for everything up to that.

I would advice against HMLS for a 99 arc build , It's a split damage weapon, and scales better together with STR/SKL. R1 damage is shit on pure ARC-HMLS but can be slightly improved with nourishing gems, if you are up for spending time in chalice dungeons.
R2 use is the only viable option for a 99 ARC build with that sword. Drawback is that both R2 and charge R2 use alot of stamina, and you don't want to waste too many points on endurance if you want go the 99 ARC route, so you need to find and equip stamina runes to slightly balance it out.
This configuration still forces you to do additional chalice runs to farm for cold gems, to raise the existing ARC stat on your weapon. R2 and Charged R2 also steal QS bullets from you if you want to maximise damage.
So all that trouble to have an ARC-HMLS that really only shines in ranged encounters against bosses is IMHO a waste of time. In a 99 ARC build the hunters tools should always be your main weapon, the rest of the games arsenal of weapons should be considered your weapon for trash mobs and maybe mini bosses, depending on your QS bullet situation. If you want a weapon that have a similar moveset like the HMLS, Ludwig's Holy Blade is a better fit for an arcane build as it isn't a split weapon and have much higher damage output in R1 without any QS cost.

• 1Like