Bloodborne

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah as a souls veteran the game is still pretty difficult. Not really pleased picking the saw blade as my first weapon, but I'll make it. Started as waste of skin and had a hard time with the first boss. Had to grind a bit and gain a couple levels just to boost my low health. Only got to play for 1.5 hours today so kinda sucked.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
What does insight do?

Also made it passed the first boss. Then summoned a guy and he guided me through the sewers and I unlocked a short cut. And got some madman thing or two. Not too sure what some of these things do. Like the key that dropped off the first boss. Any tips on where I should go next would be greatly appreciated. Also found a four pack of hunter armor in the sewers. Rock on. Seems equivalent to the stuff you can buy. But free.

Game is awesome. So hooked.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Looks like the sewers are the proper path. I found a second boss down there after the giant pig.

think its the guy you talk to at the start of the game attacking you not sure

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well after about 3 hours I have to come to realize that I need to turn in my gamer card, this is way my skill level...and tolerance for frustration. I haven't even reached the first boss yet. Furthest I managed was to the 2 werewolves thingy that I simply cannot get past.

I'm guess at 46 I'm too old for this shit.
smile.png

Kinda sad because the game really looks amazing and I enjoy the gameplay, but difficulty level is too for me, actually it's not so much the difficulty as the unforgiving nature of the game. Any mistakes and you die, and starting at the beginning each time since I haven't unlocked the next lamp is frustrating, can only do the same level so many times before it gets boring.

Seriously, hats off to you guys who can beat this.
smile.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can go around and bypass the werewolves. They're fucking complete bullshit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can go around and bypass the werewolves. They're fucking complete bullshit.
Molotov if you screw up singling them, and trivial if they're single. The bullshit trash mob is the executioner near the first shortcut unlock. That dude is bullshit for a trash.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Werewolf/First boss:
If you have the cane, you can just put it in chain mode, hit them twice, then roll away. Jog til the stamina gets back up a little bit and then flip and return. Takes a minute but you can definitely do them before the boss. You can also sprint past them and just run to the first boss' room, that will let you level up when you go back to the hunter's dream. If you happen to have one of the hunter's luck deals that let you "awaken" without losing souls, you can do that as well since the boss sort of lumbers at you for the first couple of seconds. Then kill stuff til you level up til you are happy with how much damage you do and take.

Skipping Werewolves:
From the first torch if you go left after opening the gate and follow that until you get to the darkened house with the standing mob and the guy in the wheelchair that shoots at you, if you go upstairs and kill two more mobs you can get behind the area where the werewolves patrol and then it's just 4 more monsters until the boss.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What does insight do?
THIS. Also, how the fuck do I repair my rape-saw? Things down to like 40 or something and hitting like a noodle. Beat first boss, leveled to like 16 and having a blast. This game is incredibly fun and loving the atmosphere. Frame rate and load times though are utter shit. Just got to sewers and killed like 10 zombies before calling it a day. Still trying to figure out what everything does - like the up on the gamepad takes away a quarter of my health and adds a +5 under my bullets.... not sure what that means ha!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Been playing for about 4 hours, I have about 4k souls and afraid to die. Not found boss yet but I'm stuck on some rafters.... In afraid to jump down cause I think that'll kill me. Anyone know how to get down from rafters? There is an NPC near here that gave me 4x bold hunter marks.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Read this if you love playing but find this game or souls game in general to hard. Read this if a certain part of the game gives you trouble or if you simply lack the reflexes and can't get past some shitty mob/boss:

The magical word is "cheese". I'll keep it short with following Examples:

- most of the bigger Bosses are pretty easy if you try and stay right below their ass. First boss, the Cleric Beast is the best example. Dark Souls Wolf Boss "Sif" teaches you this tactic.
- Dot and run/hide with poison knifes works like a charm just like it did with poison cloud or poison arrows in older Souls games. Hit the mob a cpl. times till the poison damage starts ticking and then run and hide somewhere you can't be hit. Rinse repeat.
- Use the environment, some mobs can be staggered off a cliff or ledges by using the gun repeatedly. The Machine Gun asshole at the village is a very hard fight unless you run up the ladder and shoot his ass 3-4 times till he falls off the tower. Make sure to reload the game up there in order to get the loot, it will spawn right at the edge. In older Souls games you could use Kick or Shield Stun for the same effect.
- Use the environment and hit through objects or walls. For example the werewolves can be lured down the stairs to the dark building, they get stuck at the doorframe and you can get hits in free of harm. Or 2nd Boss Father Gascoigne: Keep a tree or gravestones between you and the Boss and use long range weapon/attacks relatively stress free. Or run him around large objects, wind up an attack before he comes around the corner.
- Farm blood for molotov coctails. Together with a oil urn these are pretty powerful early in the game and quite cheap.
- etc. be creative, use the map layout / environment, think outside the box and use the items the game provides you with.
- play co-op, 2-3 players make every encounter pretty trivial
- don't hate (the cheese, embrace it). Souls games hate you, you are only using the tools given to you. You will still die tons, but you can try to beat bosses yourself without having to watch lame ass lets-play videos on youtube

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
BB/Souls formula to win 99% of fights: wait for an opening, swing twice, and gtfo. Rinse and repeat.

Also, if you two hand a weapon (axe, kirk hammer, greatsword) L2 becomes a swing too. With the axe it's the best attack that weapon has. For big, slow mobs use the R2 charge attack (any main hand weapon). R1 is also the only attack that can be used for crits/visceral attacks (when they're knocked down), except some charged R2 swings will trigger backstabs (ie: riflespear).

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Played all previous Souls games. Loving this game so far -- familiar feel with a faster pace.

Lost all of my souls (err, blood... that's going to be difficult to get right) so many times last night that if it weren't for unlocking shortcuts I'd have barely felt like I made any progress. I did beat the first boss and ultimately died to the second boss before calling it a wrap for the night. Gotta go get those 5k souls (see, did it again) back from him (wishful thinking).