Boardwalk Empire

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought the ending was great. Back in the day I was very disappointed when Jimmy died, I said I didn't know if I would watch again. But the show picked up, shifted, it was still great. The flashbacks really made this last season I think, put the relationships of the main AC powers into context. The look on Young Nucky's face when Young Junior Soprano told him to take that girl back to her house.... holy shit. I'm glad they let Bugsy have a chance to shine, I like that actor, he was great in The Pacific, he was a kid in Jurassic Park but decent enough.

Anyway, I was not left disappointed which is good. And the ending was conclusive, which is always good in a story like this.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
he was a kid in Jurassic Park but decent enough.
Holy shit that's where I recognized him from... would have never guessed.

I'm satisfied with the ending and agree the flashbacks were really good in adding depth to the main characters (which was really needed for a while). Glad that Gillian/Commodore scene was posted I wouldn't have remembered that. Probably need to go back and watch the first couple seasons again with the new perspective.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
No, I am, I got him mixed up with the ginger from The Pacific!

I still liked him in Rescue Me, but not enough to not forget who the fuck he is.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Karmic shift, the moment you do bad shit, bad shit starts hunting you - and finds you (or us in this case) the time we least expect it (New York doesn't kill him), he "kills" him. Hence, an entire season juxtaposing a good nucky via flashback, until the second to last scene of the finale showing the turn to 'bad Nucky'. Then the last scene showing the result.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This rushed season made me wish "Deadwood" would have gone two more seasons....not sure why it reminded me of it....but whatever.

Sterling

El Presidente
Even just a couple of extra episodes would have been nice. Also Deadwood could have certainly used a few more as well.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
idk, of course I would have loved it, and at the time I felt it was the biggest travesty in tv history. But on rewatch, the ending of Deadwood works, and it works really well. And really, I have come to realize that there is no satisfactory ending to Deadwood. We all know what happens, Hearst wins, as of course he would. And basically that's where they left us. Seeing the actual downfall wouldn't have made it a better show.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
idk, of course I would have loved it, and at the time I felt it was the biggest travesty in tv history. But on rewatch, the ending of Deadwood works, and it works really well. And really, I have come to realize that there is no satisfactory ending to Deadwood. We all know what happens, Hearst wins, as of course he would. And basically that's where they left us. Seeing the actual downfall wouldn't have made it a better show.
I agree with the previously stated. It worked, it wasn't what we wanted but seeing Hearst drag his dick across Deadwood would certainly have made it worse.

Commit to memory.

spronk

FPS noob
man i miss al swearengan

if you haven't watched it watch the one season show Kings, he plays The King of a fictional country thats sorta like a cross of America and England. he really hams it up hardcore in that one. He was also in the recent Hercules (the Rock) movie, although his part was pretty small.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally finished this up. I'm very sad to see this show end, and while I wish this final season was just a bit longer, I loved the ending.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just binge wantched this today, whole season was way to rushed (obviously) and didn't care for the way it ended at all. This went from one of my top favorite shows of all time to maybe not even in my top 10 now. Which sucks....shit was just way to rushed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think the ending was nearly bad enough to make it tumble that far. There are a lot of really bad finales out there. Sure it was a rushed season, but I don't think it took away from the quality of the show.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I know they were based on history, so hard to let the 'good guy' win, but I was really hoping to see Lansky and Luciano get served for being such traitorous bastards. They fucked over everyone they ever worked for or with, you'd think no one would trust them and they'd have been killed before consolidating power like they did.

Fuck, Lansky's comment to Nucky about 'now you see how it feels' when they almost killed him. Nucky showed the little shit mercy after he screwed him over by transporting heroin on his trucks without telling Nucky. Bleh.. I know Nucky wasn't innocent either, but he seemed to conduct himself more honorably then most of the others. Letting personal vendettas go more often then most for the sake of business.

A couple times throughout the show, I couldn't understood why some of the guys who got caught by the Feds didn't just tell their bosses. Especially in Nucky and Capone's cases, they had enough power and reach to take out the agents working the case, get it swept under the rug, or otherwise deal with it if they had known about it. Being like 'hey boss, I got caught bootlegging and they want me to rat on ya. I didn't do it, and here's the info they seem to have on you so you can try and get ahead of this.'

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
Doing that would guarantee their death, not the agent's. One is a federal offense and will get you hunted down with that full force of the federal government until you're caught, the other makes the government /shrug and start to look for other evidence against you.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know they were based on history, so hard to let the 'good guy' win, but I was really hoping to see Lansky and Luciano get served for being such traitorous bastards. They fucked over everyone they ever worked for or with, you'd think no one would trust them and they'd have been killed before consolidating power like they did.
If you check US organized crime history, it's all about treason. Even Italian-American Mafia is all about backstabbing and ratting. There's no honor amongst thieves. Honor, loyalty and respect were values to enforce their actions and to discipline low level gangsters.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Lansky and Luciano were very merciful to Nucky considering their position and the context of the gang war. Not to mention he had just kidnapped and tortured a guy who was essentially their brother.