Boardwalk Empire

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
HBO just posted on Facebook confirming it.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
would you rather they Dexter or Homeland it up for another 4 seasons, turning the show into a total piece of shit...

besides, maybe ending Nucky's story could set up a new show: Capone

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically the interesting parts of the story are now about the secondary characters. Van Alden, Capone, Eli's son, and maybe Chalky.
They realized this though. This season was more about Van Alden and Chalky(and Richard, R.I.P.) than it was Nucky really. Doesn't mean they should do 10 more seasons, but they are clearly aware that it being so heavily about Nucky was not sustainable.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hopefully this show ends and, as others have said, they make a spin off focusing on the rise of the Cosa Nostra in Chicago and New York--the formation of the Mafia council by Luciano, and the Chicago Outfit by Capone, is really compelling material and I'd love to watch these actors do it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A Chicago spin off would be cool but I can't see Shannon coming back for it, his role is already much smaller than is used to be due to how busy he is now.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's good they are ending it. I always appreciate a show ending on a high-note(like Breaking Bad) than drawing it out for all its worth and then some. The show is ripe for spin-offs, but I don't know if HBO would do it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The show turned to utter shit.

Only thing interesting in AC was harrow.

I am glad it's ending so someone else can do a season about Chicago/Newyork

Sad we wont get to see the St Valentines Day Massacre.(Unless they rush 2-3 years in 8 eps lol)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ever since the Tebow years ended, Florida fans have been the worst....
lol

yeah and I need to clarify that I love the show to death but couldn't stand the Atlantic City portions for the most part in the last 2 seasons especially with Gillian.

Chicago and NY mafia/Rothstein I loved. Although I loved how Mickey evolved as a character too just didnt care for much of the politics of AC or ex Sheriiff betrayer 2.0. I think his son under Mickey would have been awesome though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
lol

yeah and I need to clarify that I love the show to death but couldn't stand the Atlantic City portions for the most part in the last 2 seasons especially with Gillian.

Chicago and NY mafia/Rothstein I loved. Although I loved how Mickey evolved as a character too just didnt care for much of the politics of AC or ex Sheriiff betrayer 2.0. I think his son under Mickey would have been awesome though.
Agree that Gillian was awful. She should have died in the whorehouse with all the rest.

I also agree that Eli's son + Nucky could have been great.

spronk

FPS noob
season 5 aka final season trailer, looks like they are gonna follow the Atlantic City conference where mobsters divvied up the USA into regions?

show returns September

Ome

Molten Core Raider
For being the last season I imagine its going to be pretty action packed in order to tie up so many stories.

khorum

Murder Apologist
What if they're just like 'fuck it' for the last season and don't follow the historical timeline at all?
Why? The historical ending is pretty fucking epic. If it hadn't actually happened, no one would believe a script based on the rise of Meyer, lucky and Bugsy since it would be laughably implausible...

I mean c'mon, a mafia crime lord orchestrates the invasion of fascist Italy with the predecessor of the CIA from behind bars?