Borderlands

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Borderlands

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure, Comedy, Thriller

Director: Eli Roth

Cast: Cate Blanchett

Plot: The film based on the famous videogame series.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eli Roth's directing credits are a bunch of garbage, so I wouldn't set your hopes high that he can pull off a decent video game movie.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Eli Roth's directing credits are a bunch of garbage, so I wouldn't set your hopes high that he can pull off a decent video game movie.

Perhaps I am too jaded from all the disappoint, but the recent Sonic movie is the only decent video game movie I can recall seeing.

What am I forgetting?

• 1Like

Goatface

seems odd they went with 51 year old Blanchett for what should be heavy on the action. wonder what kind of budget it is going to get, lionsgate doesn't seem spend a lot. according to the list on bythenumbers, they have only a handful of $100+ mil
Midway, Power Rangers and Hunger Games in the last decade.

Where will it fall?

MadMax - The Road Warrior - Thunderdome - Fury Road

Thunderdome

Siliconemelons

seems odd they went with 51 year old Blanchett for what should be heavy on the action. wonder what kind of budget it is going to get, lionsgate doesn't seem spend a lot. according to the list on bythenumbers, they have only a handful of $100+ mil
Midway, Power Rangers and Hunger Games in the last decade.

Thunderdome

So it will be 3 movies in 1?

;-)

I know people list Thunderdome as the worst... but I actually really like Thunderdome... but I also watched it at a very specific age and the kids plot worked for me, my budding hormones where roused by the one chick AND tina turners cleavage at the same time... while the budding adrenaline was piqued by the action and stuff along with me enjoying anything fantasy-esq that includes post apocalyptic stuff... so I really actually love Thunderdome as much as the others... to me the "worst" is the first one, because its pacing is slow.. there was only the one slow burn that was fitting- the rest was just...argh.

The Road Warrior, fuck yeah.

Fury Road double fuck yeah.

But I still have that kid wonderlust no adults adventure feeling and love for Thunderdome.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A movie based on a video game? Directed by Eli Roth?
msH7aai.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I would be excited if they made a new story about a vault hunter unrelated to the main story. Just give me a self contained story, include some crazy characters, and keep the dark humor.

..... They are going to focus on the giant story and base their humor around the casting of Marcus and Claptrap and it will be terrible.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I would be excited if they made a new story about a vault hunter unrelated to the main story. Just give me a self contained story, include some crazy characters, and keep the dark humor.

..... They are going to focus on the giant story and base their humor around the casting of Marcus and Claptrap and it will be terrible.

Never seen before characters and Scooter. Could also go dark and make it about how psycho's are made, instead of calling it borderlands call it something else and part 1 ends with him putting on the mask.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly i don't know what to do with this movie. i think they should absolutely avoid having the established borderlands characters be anything other than a cameo (basically how previous game protagonists are there, but doing their own thing). if they try to make claptrap and handsome jack big characters you run the risk of a) new actors just doing their best impressions or b) try to do "their own version" of those characters and being objectively worse.

have a video screen on in the background of a conversation where you can hear the original voice actor for handsome jack having one of his monologues, show a cl4p-tp unit running around in the background, maybe even have it BE claptrap giving the main characters one of his "epic quests" that just leads to nonsense. make the story adjacent to the games, keep it separate, and not a reboot.

the more i think about it, the more unsure i get. so much of borderlands is the cartoony aesthetic... how are they going to pull that off without it being cheesy?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Mark it - this is going to be a complete dumpster fire if it even makes it to the screen.

There is no fathomable way a big name director could make a movie out of this, let alone Roth who literally makes movie for shits and giggles. I like him, but he ain't cut out for making your favorite video game come to life unless it is, as someone said, about cutting up people and making them into Psycho's and mutants.

And Blanchett would not be in THAT Roth movie.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
tina turners cleavage

I read this as Tuna Tuner’s cleavage and was instantly delighted until I reread that it was correct.

But then I rejoiced when I retold my clever reading. All is well brothers.

This movie will suck.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I read this as Tuna Tuner’s cleavage and was instantly delighted until I reread that it was correct.

But then I rejoiced when I retold my clever reading. All is well brothers.

This movie will suck.

You have a problem raggedy man?

Lol :)

tumblr_nogzxdWB3U1u496xso2_1280.jpg

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
OK not gonna lie Jamie Lee Curtis is the perfect casting for Tannis

• 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I had hope until they started using named characters from the games, also Hart as Roland? The fuuuuuuuuuck, these characters have established personalities, Roland is a no nonsense leader type. Maybe they just kill him within the first five minutes before he even says anything.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah Hart as Roland makes 0 fucking sense. The rest seems good so far though. Winslet as Lilith is actually pretty decent even if she's 51 she looks like late 30's and she can do action well. I can't imagine they don't at least HINT at Jack or have him do some voice at the end or something if they don't fully cast him. Honestly the only Jack I can see is either Jim Carrey or Ryan Reynolds to add that swagger with comedy.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database