Borderlands

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The last borderlands was annoying as fuck. Characters were annoying as fuck. Calling the commentary annoying as fuck is an understatement. Hollywood nowadays is 80% annoying as fuck characters and scripts and they also suck at making decent video game movies. This movie is going to suck.
I mean, the main storyline was shit, but some of the side stuff was fucking money. The robot AI in the stuffed bear flying his ex-gf spaceship? That was hilarious. The over-the-top Southern gun but gay dudes? Also hilarious. It wasn't all trash, just the stupid main one.

spronk

FPS noob

• Cate Blanchett as Lilith
  • Kevin Hart as Roland
  • Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Patricia Tannis
  • Jack Black as Claptrap
  • Ariana Greenblatt as Tiny Tina
  • Florian Munteanu as Krieg
  • Haley Bennett
  • Édgar Ramírez as Atlas
  • Olivier Richters as Krom
  • Janina Gavankar as Commander Knoxx
  • Gina Gershon as Mad Moxxi
  • Cheyenne Jackson as Jakobs
  • Charles Babalola as Hammerlock
  • Benjamin Byron Davis as Marcus
  • Steven Boyer as Scooter
  • Ryann Redmond as Ellie
  • Bobby Lee as Larry
directed by Eli Roth (The Jew Bear)

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

• Cate Blanchett as Lilith
  • Kevin Hart as Roland
  • Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Patricia Tannis
  • Jack Black as Claptrap
  • Ariana Greenblatt as Tiny Tina
  • Florian Munteanu as Krieg
  • Haley Bennett
  • Édgar Ramírez as Atlas
  • Olivier Richters as Krom
  • Janina Gavankar as Commander Knoxx
  • Gina Gershon as Mad Moxxi
  • Cheyenne Jackson as Jakobs
  • Charles Babalola as Hammerlock
  • Benjamin Byron Davis as Marcus
  • Steven Boyer as Scooter
  • Ryann Redmond as Ellie
  • Bobby Lee as Larry
directed by Eli Roth (The Jew Bear)

I knew this was going to bad but their three named leads are fucking terrible choices.

Cate Blanchett is amazing when she is playing a restrained, subdued role. Lilith is a smart-mouthed firecracker.

Jamie Lee Curtis is fucking ancient and almost any other actress in her 40s would have been a better pick.

Kevin Hart as Roland......fucking midget Hart for the role of the badass leader of the resistance? Worst choice of the three and that is saying something.

Oh, and it is amazing that they tried to get every character to at lest sort of resemble their namesake in the game........except Tiny Tina. That little girl better have bleach blonde hair or one of the biggest draws for a bunch of people is going to immediately fall flat.

In the plus sided of the column; Ellie and Scooter look like they could be great especially if they keep both of their filthy mouths. Gina Gershon seems a little old for Moxxi but with all the makeup and her past roles this seems like a slam dunk.

The weirdest part for me is that this is a game that glorifies gun violence to an absurd degree. Everyone in universe loves guns and there is no message a out this place being better without the guns. There are many woke line that they are going to play up because this is a Hollywood movie; however, I just do not see how they could resist a 'guns are bad' message even if it will totally ruin the spirit of the property.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I knew this was going to bad but their three named leads are fucking terrible choices.

Cate Blanchett is amazing when she is playing a restrained, subdued role. Lilith is a smart-mouthed firecracker.

Jamie Lee Curtis is fucking ancient and almost any other actress in her 40s would have been a better pick.

Kevin Hart as Roland......fucking midget Hart for the role of the badass leader of the resistance? Worst choice of the three and that is saying something.

Oh, and it is amazing that they tried to get every character to at lest sort of resemble their namesake in the game........except Tiny Tina. That little girl better have bleach blonde hair or one of the biggest draws for a bunch of people is going to immediately fall flat.

In the plus sided of the column; Ellie and Scooter look like they could be great especially if they keep both of their filthy mouths. Gina Gershon seems a little old for Moxxi but with all the makeup and her past roles this seems like a slam dunk.

The weirdest part for me is that this is a game that glorifies gun violence to an absurd degree. Everyone in universe loves guns and there is no message a out this place being better without the guns. There are many woke line that they are going to play up because this is a Hollywood movie; however, I just do not see how they could resist a 'guns are bad' message even if it will totally ruin the spirit of the property.

Wtf is up with the Hammerlock casting?

1622557797436.png

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is going to be another woke colorized train wreck. Anyone who gives it money deserves the future they create.

Also eli roth is a fucking hack.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like all the cast but Kevin Hart. Then again, if he dies at the end maybe it'll all be worth it.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would fight anyone to see Matthew McConaughey play HJ.

If needed.

Hopefully regardless of the outcome.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No need to cast anyone other than the original VA for HJ, can just edit in a CG hologram for all his parts. He is the most iconic character in Borderlands, so it will be very very odd to have some hollywood actor try to be HJ, imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean that's basically everyone in borderlands. Claptrap, torgue, tiny Tina... It's going to sound super jarring to hear jack black in a claptrap cosplay

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think he and Jakobs are fine....the dude is a British actor so he better nail the voice/personality.

Borderlands is already a woke property and has no shortage of "diversity," race changing one of the cooler side characters is just an insult.

Caliane

No need to cast anyone other than the original VA for HJ, can just edit in a CG hologram for all his parts. He is the most iconic character in Borderlands, so it will be very very odd to have some hollywood actor try to be HJ, imo.
just not how hollywood works. Name recognition. They've been doing it for decades with shitty actors doing VA in any anime that hits theatres, etc for example.