Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Coincidentally I call them the same thing
Fuck, I was gonna go with "Italians."

But seriously, as far as people or media saying that it being placed in a pressure cooker points the finger at any one group, kindly fuck off. That isn't some sort of stroke of genius or copied from the "Jihadist Handbook". It's basic common sense to surround your explosive device with a bunch of metal. Whether that be a pressure cooker, garbage can, empty propane tank, pipe, or what have you.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Fuck, I was gonna go with "Italians."

But seriously, as far as people or media saying that it being placed in a pressure cooker points the finger at any one group, kindly fuck off. That isn't some sort of stroke of genius or copied from the "Jihadist Handbook". It's basic common sense to surround your explosive device with a bunch of metal. Whether that be a pressure cooker, garbage can, empty propane tank, pipe, or what have you.
Next thing you know they will tell us how you will want to use some sort of detonation device to trigger your bomb.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. Crap. Well, maybe he wasn't being conservative enough!

"Ricin is a highly toxic substance derived from castor beans. As little as 500 micrograms -- an amount the size of the head of a pin -- can kill an adult. There is no specific test for exposure and no antidote once exposed."

Ban beans.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why didnt they pack a bomb with ricin instead of shrapnel?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not knowing shit about bombs or ricin, is it possible that the ricin would be incinerated in an explosion?

Sounds like Sen. Wicker voted for gun control. More and more it's looking domestic.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Not knowing shit about bombs or ricin, is it possible that the ricin would be incinerated in an explosion?

Sounds like Sen. Wicker voted for gun control. More and more it's looking domestic.
Reading around it seems that ricin can be deactivated by incineration, but with an explosion like that, its more likely that a small amount would be incinerated while majority of it would be dispersed over the area in active form. Its scary how easy that is.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This was 18 months ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us...plot.html?_r=0

4 Georgia Men Arrested in Terror Plot
By SCOTT SHANE
Published: November 1, 2011

Four Georgia men who were part of a fringe militia group were arrested on Tuesday in what the Justice Department described as a plot to use guns, bombs and the toxin ricin to kill federal and state officials and spread terror.

The men, all aged 65 and over, were recorded telling an F.B.I. informant that they wanted to kill federal judges, Internal Revenue Service employees and agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, according to court documents.

"There is no way for us, as militiamen, to save this country, to save Georgia, without doing something that's highly, highly illegal: murder," one of those charged, Frederick Thomas, 73, of Cleveland, Ga., was recorded telling the informant.

"When it comes time to saving the Constitution, that means some people have got to die," he said.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord

The US and Canada studied Ricin bombs during WW2 but obviously never deployed or used them, so it can be done. AFAIK the only reason they stopped was because they came up with chemicals that were more "economical." Terrorists are definitely interested in it

*edit* won't repeat the link in the post above

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's basic common sense to surround your explosive device with a bunch of metal. Whether that be a pressure cooker, garbage can, empty propane tank, pipe, or what have you.
Yeah, you don't really need to be a criminal mastermind to come up with the idea -- elementary school chemistry, physics and a little imagination is enough. Back when I was a kid in the 80s we figured out that if you put some suitable fuel with an oxidizer in a strong metal container the result will be a pretty big explosion. And these days you can just look it up on the internet.

Dunhill

N00b
I immediately thought arabs were responsible and I still do. With very few exceptions they are the only terrorists who always target innocent civilians. Also, an AQ-man used the same bomb recently in Stockholm among Christmas shoppers. Fortunately he failed so hard he only killed himself with zero injuries for the bystanders.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
At this point I'd prefer it to be Arabs or Libertarian militiamen that are responsible. Agree or not at least theres a point.
The scariest possibility in my mind is that its a crazy guy with no comprehensible agenda like the Joker shooter, and he just got away mostly unseen.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the bombs possibly located

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...ag/#?hpt=hp_t2

0WqmCIg.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I immediately thought arabs were responsible and I still do. With very few exceptions they are the only terrorists who always target innocent civilians. Also, an AQ-man used the same bomb recently in Stockholm among Christmas shoppers. Fortunately he failed so hard he only killed himself with zero injuries for the bystanders.
It is pretty ludicrous to say that arabs only targets civilians. For mass scale attacks in the west, of course they would target civilians - it makes the most sense, even though they were bold enough to put a 300 foot hole in the Pentagon. Out in their own backyard, Islamic fighters target military targets all the time, from convoys to bases, to roadside attacks.

Who do right wingers target?

Abortion clinics
black churches
OKC federal buildings
lesbian bars
Olympic parks
Holocaust museums

So when have right wingers targeted ANYTHING but innocent people?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obviously the post office was in on this. Serves the government right for forcing Saturday delivery.