Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fun fight, had some legitimate highlights. Great win for Usyk.

Fury is still the unquestioned best heavyweight though. Bridge too far for Usyk, but I'd love to see it.

Joshua acted like a fucking ape retard at the end of that fight, what the fuck. Retard shit. I get that guy has an insane amount of pressure on him, especially for such a flawed fighter. Still, it was just not a good look.

Last edited:

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AJ is so annoying to watch. Dude had more fire after the fight than he did during it lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is something wrong with Joshua. Like not in a hes a retard kind of way, but something emotional. After the fight he seemed content, so much so that he was willing to heap all kinds of praise on Usyk. Being noble in defeat is admirable, but Joshua just seems like he would have been better off as a caregiver or an artist or something. Boxing just doesnt suit him.

Fury would spank Usyk, he just needs to shut the fuck up about retiring already. The whole Im retired, and then IM BACK FOREVER LOL shit is annoying and cheapens his image.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There is something wrong with Joshua. Like not in a hes a retard kind of way, but something emotional. After the fight he seemed content, so much so that he was willing to heap all kinds of praise on Usyk. Being noble in defeat is admirable, but Joshua just seems like he would have been better off as a caregiver or an artist or something. Boxing just doesnt suit him.

Fury would spank Usyk, he just needs to shut the fuck up about retiring already. The whole Im retired, and then IM BACK FOREVER LOL shit is annoying and cheapens his image.
He's always been a very, very talented fighter who just doesn't understand how to use his tools.

Guy fights in the middle of the ring, and sinks into his legs. A guy with his size should be fighting taller and measuring with his jab constantly like Lennox Lewis. He just doesn't get it. Dude would've really benefitted from Emmaunel Steward tutelage, just as Lewis & the Klitschko's did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Deep thoughts with Jozu.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
He's always been a very, very talented fighter who just doesn't understand how to use his tools.

Guy fights in the middle of the ring, and sinks into his legs. A guy with his size should be fighting taller and measuring with his jab constantly like Lennox Lewis. He just doesn't get it. Dude would've really benefitted from Emmaunel Steward tutelage, just as Lewis & the Klitschko's did.
I wish he would have taken usyk so we could see fury jab his fucking head off and knock his dumb ass into retirement.

• 1Solidarity

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I don't think Usyk stands anymore than a punchers chance against Fury and given how damn tough Fury showed himself to be in the Wilder trilogy, that chance is slim. Fury is just impossible to prep for. No one his size can move the way he does.

Humorous side note if you only watched the main event, one of the undercard fights had a 4 minute round thanks to a timekeeping fuck up that very likely influenced the decision of the fight.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A very old... 40-year-old GGG loses to Canelo in a meh fight. Canelo really didn't look that great, and Golovkin didn't start fighting until round 8 and actually looked pretty good at the end of the fight. Too old though.

Still firmly think Golovkin went 2-1 against Canelo, old and all.

Boxing is gay though, and the promotion of boxing nowadays is super gay - so sad how this historic sport has fallen. Give me Fury-Usyk and let me move on.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I want to see the judges score cards. The fight wasn't that close. I had ggg only winning three rounds.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Canelo did almost nothing the last 3 or 4 rounds. Certainly don't think he lost, but that was far from a "dominant" win.

Apparently he wants to fight Bivol again next. Bad idea, he loses that fight 10 out of 10 times.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Canelo won the first 8 I think it was and quit caring after that. GGG was a slug until the 9th

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched all 3 Fury/Wilder fights on the blu-ray collection. Let me just say that I don't know shit about boxing and I know even less shit about professional boxing. Now that we've established that I don't know what I'm talking about, here are brief thoughts. I had no idea who'd win any of the individual fights (except that Fury was ending up with the title at some point when it was said and done) because I haven't kept up with boxing since the 90's. Kept hearing how good this rivalry was so I checked it out.

Fury/Wilder 1: This was the best of the trio on pure technical boxing IMO. Both guys were measured and made few mistakes. Going the distance and ending in a draw was a perfect ending for turning this into a series. Basically the Rocky formula. I thought Fury clearly won most of the rounds (9 out of 12 of them) but I could see the opposite argument being made because Wilder had those two knockdowns. Really good fight with an electric crowd for Fury and a big heel reaction to Wilder, felt like a modern classic.

Fury/Wilder 2: The crowd was a bit more even for this one but still favored Fury. This might have been the best of the trio on spectacle. The entrances were awesome and the crowd was jacked. Both guys put on weight and Wilder was much slower, maybe as a result. This fight obviously ended much quicker but what we got was good, much more of a stand-and-bang slugfest rather than the measured technical feel of the first one. The towel-throwing was, like the draw, a good way to prolong this series. Fury wins the title, and was clearly en route to a victory either way, but doesn't come away with a decisive win. Fury singing with the crowd after winning the title was pretty awesome.

Fury/Wilder 3: Liked this one the least, though I'm guessing it might have been the most hyped since it was coming off of pandemic stuff. UK fans not being able to attend because of restrictions probably hurt the crowd reactions a LOT and the crowd was much quieter than the other two matches. Both guys just felt older and tired-er here and the fight seemed sloppier than the others. Also kinda sucks that Fury doesn't have his old theme music anymore, whatever that song was he made it kinda iconic in the other two walkouts. At least we got a definitive winner.

Good story was told over the 3 fights, IMO, was worth seeing for sure.

Also while I'm thinking about it, not saying the third fight was bad or anything. All 3 of these were awesome. I think I was a bit fatigued by the time I got to the third one, probably should have spaced them out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched all 3 Fury/Wilder fights on the blu-ray collection. Let me just say that I don't know shit about boxing and I know even less shit about professional boxing. Now that we've established that I don't know what I'm talking about, here are brief thoughts. I had no idea who'd win any of the individual fights (except that Fury was ending up with the title at some point when it was said and done) because I haven't kept up with boxing since the 90's. Kept hearing how good this rivalry was so I checked it out.

Fury/Wilder 1: This was the best of the trio on pure technical boxing IMO. Both guys were measured and made few mistakes. Going the distance and ending in a draw was a perfect ending for turning this into a series. Basically the Rocky formula. I thought Fury clearly won most of the rounds (9 out of 12 of them) but I could see the opposite argument being made because Wilder had those two knockdowns. Really good fight with an electric crowd for Fury and a big heel reaction to Wilder, felt like a modern classic.

Fury/Wilder 2: The crowd was a bit more even for this one but still favored Fury. This might have been the best of the trio on spectacle. The entrances were awesome and the crowd was jacked. Both guys put on weight and Wilder was much slower, maybe as a result. This fight obviously ended much quicker but what we got was good, much more of a stand-and-bang slugfest rather than the measured technical feel of the first one. The towel-throwing was, like the draw, a good way to prolong this series. Fury wins the title, and was clearly en route to a victory either way, but doesn't come away with a decisive win. Fury singing with the crowd after winning the title was pretty awesome.

Fury/Wilder 3: Liked this one the least, though I'm guessing it might have been the most hyped since it was coming off of pandemic stuff. UK fans not being able to attend because of restrictions probably hurt the crowd reactions a LOT and the crowd was much quieter than the other two matches. Both guys just felt older and tired-er here and the fight seemed sloppier than the others. Also kinda sucks that Fury doesn't have his old theme music anymore, whatever that song was he made it kinda iconic in the other two walkouts. At least we got a definitive winner.

Also while I'm thinking about it, not saying the third fight was bad or anything. All 3 of these were awesome. I think I was a bit fatigued by the time I got to the third one, probably should have spaced them out.
It really is a good trilogy of fights, even if it ends with one-sided results. Fight #1 was all anticipation, with Fury probably being the favorite, but not a massive favorite. Fight #2 Fury was definitely the favorite. The perception is that the "cream rises to the top" in boxing with multiple fights, and it did. Crazy thing is, Fury just put his weight on him and brutalized him, which many people didn't exactly expect. Fight #3 Fury was a wide favorite, but of course Wilder made it fascinating. Fury clearly wasn't as prepared for the third fight, and rumblings that he didn't have a good camp. His defensive tactics were kinda stupid and sloppy in #3, but the "cream" certainly rises, and he closed the trilogy in impressive fashion.

A big knock on Wilder through a lot of his career was: How's his technical boxing skills, and his chin. He's maybe not the cleanest fighter, but he has devastating power and never leaves anything on the table. His chin proved to be pretty fucking good. I've actually had a chance to speak to him before, and in the 5-minute conversation we had, I could tell he's not a dumbass, he's fairly aware, regardless of his antics.

It's really incredible some of his surges in those fights, fighting a superior fighter - the ability to find knockdowns when it's all going wrong for him. Dude is a warrior.

As for Fury, he's legitimately one of the best heavyweights who has ever lived. If he loses any fights, it will be because he's in bad shape, or old, or did too much coke or something. He's extremely articulate and charismatic, and just an insanely gifted fighter for someone who is a 6'9 man from the UK. He's essentially the Conor McGregor of boxing, not quite the star, but has far fewer holes in his game. In my top heavyweights of all-time list I'd have him somewhere behind Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Louis, (prime) Tyson, Lewis. He'd probably slot in behind that Larry Holmes/Holyfield-tier. Him fighting and handling Joshua, and preferably Usyk would definitely help his resume. Sadly, he doesn't have the opposition some of the earlier guys had, so you never really know if he is in that Top 5 range.

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Wilder would have easily won #2 if it wasn't for his intro samurai outfit if you didn't know

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users