Boxing

showdown25

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fury and Usyk have agreed the split and date to fight. April 29th at Wembley. Contracts not signed yet but it's looking very likely now.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Ryan Garcia is such a pussy.

Dude straight took a knee and quit from a body shot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
lol Ryan Garcia is such a pussy.

Dude straight took a knee and quit from a body shot.
No idea how that "knocked him out". On replay, the punch looked extremely harmless. It definitely looked like he just decided he was done. I think it's more likely he might've hurt himself and made a business decision, considering he's a full on social media star and shit.

Was hoping to see a longer fight. At times, Garcia was really making Davis uncomfortable wanted to see Davis really pushed to the brink, obviously this was not that.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Liver shots are the most brutal. It fucks you up bad. There is always a delay when you get hit there.

• 1Like

Jozu

Did you just make up "knocked him out" in your head or something while reading my post? lol.

I never said he was knocked out, even though he was, losing to a 10 count. He quit, the liver shot was actually well thrown, and landed perfectly. Some angles it doesnt look so bad, but the close in angle showing Davis with his head down low, he digs in and puts a lot of effort into the punch, landing savagely right to Garcia's liver. That was one of the most delayed reactions I have ever seen though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Did you just make up "knocked him out" in your head or something while reading my post? lol.

I never said he was knocked out, even though he was, losing to a 10 count. He quit, the liver shot was actually well thrown, and landed perfectly. Some angles it doesnt look so bad, but the close in angle showing Davis with his head down low, he digs in and puts a lot of effort into the punch, landing savagely right to Garcia's liver. That was one of the most delayed reactions I have ever seen though.
I was saying, in a poor and unclear way to be fair, that I have no idea how that punch KO'd/TKO'd him. That punch had almost nothing behind it at all. I think the kid quit to be honest, and saved some face - which was disappointing.

I've taken multiple liver punches in sparring when I was younger, and even had one completely floor me when I was a teenager. They're horrific, but something about Garcia's reaction and watching that punch just didn't register to me but who knows.

Edit: Just rewatched the punch, man I don't know, probably a little harder than I thought, but he got minimal rotation on the punch and kinda landed it as a weird semi-hook, semi-left straight.

Jozu

Thats why I said he quit.

ive seen guys go down from a liver shot, good example DeLaHoya vs Bernard Hopkins, where they are down writhing in pain, basically in no position to even come close to beating the count. Garcia on the other hand, even with the delayed response, had every opportunity in the world to stand up. For fucks sake he stood up RIGHT after the 10 count, with the ref hugging him while waving it off. When Oscar got ko'd by Hopkins, he was still rolling on the floor in pain long after the 10 count, even striking the canvas in frustration at one point.

He should of got up at 9 and tried to weather the storm. If Gervonta pounced on him and hurt him again the ref would have probably stepped in anyway, and that would have been a lot better for Ryan. At least then he showed some kind of willpower and went out on his shield. He gave up on himself and his fans.

edit: almost everyone who was watching that fight fully expected him to get up at 9. When he didnt it was stunning. Even Davis was surprised.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Damn, Loma is a monster, especially being the smaller fighter. He should get this decision.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, I think Loma probably won, but I don't necessarily have an issue with Haney taking it.
Those cards were way too wide. Loma had by far the most meaningful round in the 11th hurting Haney. Absolutely a good, tactical fight, but it's a predictable decision. A young, Black American fighting prospect that they'll try to market will always get the decision in boxing. Seen it numerous times, especially over the last 20 years.

Not surprised. A shame for Loma though. That was an ATG-sealing performance against a quite a bit larger fighter.

As for Haney, kid can absolutely fight. Not really sure how he does going up to 140-147, though. Don't think he has enough firepower to be P4P best up there. I would like to see Haney vs Stevenson at 135 though.

Malinaggi had it dead on the nose in this post-fight interview. I absolutely love boxing, it will always be in my blood - but there is a reason UFC has easily surpassed boxing now, outside of a Tyson Fury clash or something.

Last edited:

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went close to how I expected. Just the one judge had too large a lead on his card. The others had it by 1 round. Hanley was the champion too.

Xerge

<Donor>
This fucking mess on Sunday, Mayweather vs Gotti; ref called it and Gotti keeps going

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Crawford handled Spence in a not competitive fight. I was a bit worried Crawford would be too clean and Spence would be too available to be cleanly countered - sure enough.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Spence is claiming he'll evoke his rematch clause with the hope Crawford allows it to be a 154 lbs fight. Some talk Spence was really drained and they weren't even sure if he'd make 147.

That being said, 154 or not, obviously think Crawford takes him again, but it's not 'nothing'I guess.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dear God, Tyson Fury very clearly did not take Ngannou seriously at all and almost paid for it. I love Fury, but that was embarrassing by him. He has two months to train and look significantly better than he did tonight. Got put down by Ngannou on an "ok" punch at best.

Tyson desperately needs to slim up, looked slow as fuck. Even in the 1st round he looked like he had zero snap on his punches...

Ngannou just made himself a lot of money, should absolutely keep boxing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dear God, Tyson Fury very clearly did not take Ngannou seriously at all and almost paid for it. I love Fury, but that was embarrassing by him. He has two months to train and look significantly better than he did tonight. Got put down by Ngannou on an "ok" punch at best.

Tyson desperately needs to slim up, looked slow as fuck. Even in the 1st round he looked like he had zero snap on his punches...

Ngannou just made himself a lot of money, should absolutely keep boxing.

Only 10 million but his leverage has gone up considerably now for his next fight.

10m is still big money and the value of his entire UFC super offer which was only 8m and contingent on him winning consistently.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Only 10 million but his leverage has gone up considerably now for his next fight.

10m is still big money and the value of his entire UFC super offer which was only 8m and contingent on him winning consistently.
I meant he just earned himself big money going forward in boxing. Then again, $10 million in a single MMA fight is practically a pipe dream.

• 1Like