Boxing

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dear God, Tyson Fury very clearly did not take Ngannou seriously at all and almost paid for it. I love Fury, but that was embarrassing by him. He has two months to train and look significantly better than he did tonight. Got put down by Ngannou on an "ok" punch at best.

Tyson desperately needs to slim up, looked slow as fuck. Even in the 1st round he looked like he had zero snap on his punches...

Ngannou just made himself a lot of money, should absolutely keep boxing.

Fury claims that is not the case. Full 12 week camp for Ngannou. He states if he didn't take him serious, then he would have lost the fight.

Still claims he's fighting Usyk in 6-7 weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
washed up boxing loser is doing reality tv now
pktv-00073366-000228273.jpg

(i'm actually excited for this s02 show and noticed him)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nearly all of Tysons exhibitions are light sparring rules. He can't get sanctioned for anything else.

After all Mike Tyson's cash grabs over the years, I'll safely sit this one out. Especially after Jake Paul walked the dog in the Nate Diaz fight and refused to go hard in the interest of selling a rematch or out of respect.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haha wow, that was embarrassing. Hopefully Tyson wasn't taking his fight seriously

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stomach was in my throat after that KO. That was beyond hard - just pure violence for a man who, himself has generally been the one dishing the violence. It's the kind of KO you worry about going forward, especially for a 37 yr old.

Styles make fights, and it was very clear Fury did not take Francis seriously at all and was very obviously fat and out of shape.

Props to Ngannou though. Dude is a physical freak. He could've easily been a HW title holder if he boxed originally, instead of MMA. AJ just easily timed, and countered his lazy jab.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not like it would have helped but he should not have engaged and backpedal after the second knockdown. He didn't even have his hand up

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He is older now. There isn't much heavyweight stock to judge on now.

The division has thinned out to where a big win over Usyk would send his stock soaring again.

The Usyk fight should probably be his retirement fight-- but I know a lot of boxing community want Wilder and Fury to go a 4th time before Fury bows out.

Wilder just said last week he wants a shot at Usyk, regardless of Fury outcome before he agrees to a 4th fight.

1709976374033.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fury-Usyk is the rightful, biggest heavyweight fight in years. A true unification bout.

After that, if Fury wins, he'll fight Anthony Joshua and call it a career. He said as much last night. Zero chance he fights Wilder again - Wilder was completely handled by Joseph Parker.

Fury & Usyk both have rematch clauses.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So he's in for two Usyk fights in a row. The Joshua fight sounds good but don't think it'll get done.

With Wilder it's all about money and selling the underdog story. I'd bank on Wilder 4 happening over Joshua, a fight that has had water thrown on it in the past.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stomach was in my throat after that KO. That was beyond hard - just pure violence for a man who, himself has generally been the one dishing the violence. It's the kind of KO you worry about going forward, especially for a 37 yr old.

Styles make fights, and it was very clear Fury did not take Francis seriously at all and was very obviously fat and out of shape.

Props to Ngannou though. Dude is a physical freak. He could've easily been a HW title holder if he boxed originally, instead of MMA. AJ just easily timed, and countered his lazy jab.
he put out stipe in the same break dancing way
ngannou-knoce.gif