Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Aside from watching Adrian Peterson run rampant on a Sunday, there isn't much on the level of watching a Golovkin fight.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm glad he quit. I think GGG may have killed him with the way this fight was going. Too many clean shots

I feel like GGG is fighting down to his opponents. I want to see him fight the best. We haven't seen the best of him yet. Scary

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I don't blame Willie at all. He took some huge, huge punches. Golovkin definitely punched himself out a little in the 2nd round and it took him sometime to get some air back. Head hunted a little TOO much during the fight, could even see he was a little surprised by Monroe surviving. Willie's uncle upset Marvin Hagler back in the day, if we wanna get real wax poetic. Was only right Willie showed some things in the ring.

At the end of the night, Monroe only won one round. Dude is just so damn dominant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God that first knockdown was awesome. GGG is so patient when he wants to be, he just stood there and waited for the opening fort hat short left that flattened him.

Also here's a transcription of the post-fight interview. Very good drama show.

GGG: First of all thank you very much, home. Thank you very much LA. Mucho gracias, everybody. I feels great. My performance special for you. Guys. Thank you for my team, you know. Thank you for my opponent. He is bring very good drama show. You know, this present just for you. Thank you.

Max: Gennady, in the first two rounds, he barely touched you. You landed very precisely. You hurt him. You almost had him out in the second round. Then as the fight wore on, he started catching you with a lot of big shots. What changed?

GGG: Max first of all I show him who is the boss. Who is the real champ. That is my hope. Second step, second step I give him chance. Just, I'm stay here just come on, bring big drama show let's go let's do it. Thank you. I know he's no joke (?). It's my present.

Max: Are you saying that, because you've hinted at this in the past, that you don't want to just score an early one sided knockout? That you actually let your opponent, a dangerous fighter, back into the fight???

GGG: Yes of course!! You know I feel it's drama show. It's today. Saturday night. This is not 5 minutes. You know a lot of people coming just respect my people. Just I show my people, just... show.

Max: One outcome of him getting out of that second round and hitting you a couple times is that everyone gets a better show. Another is --

GGG: Special thanks for Will. He is really good fighter. Seriously.

Max: -- another outcome is, maybe some other star fighters in the sport see this and think, Golovkin's not so hard to hit, maybe I want to fight him. Does that go through your mind at all in these fights.

GGG: Max, look at this. I'm stay here. I'm real champion. I show just... present. I want unification. Big big fight. Let's go let's do it guys. Who is #1 right now? Just... bring him. I show you.

Max: That means Miguel Cotto I assume?

GGG: Yeah right now Miguel. Respect Miguel. Miguel he's great champion. WBC champion. Please after this fight, I donno who win, just I wait, I stay here, just I wait my big fight.

Max: Well maybe your big fight doesn't come until a fighter is courageous enough in and around your weight class to get in with you. I asked Canelo Alvarez last week if he would fight you and he said "maybe in the future". What do you think of an eventual fight with Canelo Alvarez?

GGG: You know Max, I told you. Not for future. Right now I'm ready to biiig fight. I'm ready. To Canelo, to Miguel. Great champions. Guys. I'm ready right now. Just, I bring you next show.

Max: And finally, there's another name out there. Who's bigger than you, who when he's active is considered a top pound for pound fighter - Andre Ward. What do you think of a fight eventually against Andre Ward.

GGG: You know guys. This is sport. Andre - respect him. He is great athlete. Professional athlete. You know he need maybe right now start. You know. I understand his situation. Just first of all I think Canelo and Cotto. Next, of course, Ward. Just we are ready. For anybody.

Max: Thank you Gennady. It is always a thrill to watch you fight. I guess we look forward to another one of these in three months?

GGG: Yes absolutely. And Max. Can I please, take time? And.... uno mas (?) Thank you very much to my fans. Thank you very much to my home. Thank you people!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GGG: You know Max, I told you. Not for future. Right now I'm ready to biiig fight. I'm ready. To Canelo, to Miguel. Great champions. Guys. I'm ready right now. Just, I bring you next show.
Favorite part

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hope it happens. GGG needs a big flight like that under his belt. Hopefully it's the fight that will open the door to the top guys in the division.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Hope it happens. GGG needs a big flight like that under his belt. Hopefully it's the fight that will open the door to the top guys in the division.
It should. He needs one good fight with a good opponent and win in a big way, then the $$$ will start coming in for him.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Found this on another website

exempt wrote:
I thought the compubox score was a little shady myself. I thought the fight was a lot closer myself. There are some that thought Pacquaio won the fight

check this out

Why Manny Pacquiao Won Mayweather (Landed Punches Count at 60 FPS) - YouTube

This is posted from another poster

Quote:
American website score it again frame by frame with audio off in slomo..Mayweather actually landed only 68 in the slomo compare to pacman 98...In manipulated compubox floyd landed 141 and pacman 81..I think you have to watch it again mr. writer..here is the replay in slomo.. its hard if you are only guessing.. this is a fact..

Round 1 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 01 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 2 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 02 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 3 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 03 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 4 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 04 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 5 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 05 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 6 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 06 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 7 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 07 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 8 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 08 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 9 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 09 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 10 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 10 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 11 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 11 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 12 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 12 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Found this on another website

exempt wrote:
I thought the compubox score was a little shady myself. I thought the fight was a lot closer myself. There are some that thought Pacquaio won the fight

check this out

Why Manny Pacquiao Won Mayweather (Landed Punches Count at 60 FPS) - YouTube

This is posted from another poster

Quote:
American website score it again frame by frame with audio off in slomo..Mayweather actually landed only 68 in the slomo compare to pacman 98...In manipulated compubox floyd landed 141 and pacman 81..I think you have to watch it again mr. writer..here is the replay in slomo.. its hard if you are only guessing.. this is a fact..

Round 1 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 01 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 2 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 02 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 3 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 03 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 4 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 04 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 5 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 05 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 6 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 06 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 7 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 07 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 8 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 08 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 9 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 09 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 10 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 10 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 11 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 11 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube

Round 12 SlowMo:Pacquiao vs Mayweather (Round 12 | Punches Count | SlowMo) - YouTube
Will have to check this shit out later tonight. I watched the replay the following morning and really felt the fight was a lot closer than I originally had it the night it actually happened. I always wondered how they could ever be very accurate with compubox honestly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khan doesn't deserve a fight with Floyd. He got rocked by Algerie lol. Not that I ever thought he did. That would be a KO for Floyd.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anthony Joshua, '12 Super Heavyweight Gold Medal Winner. Joshua is 13-0 with 13KOs. Been watching him since his win in London, 6'6" 250 lbs.

This is him yesterday on the Brook vs. Gavin card KO'ing Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds, who fought guys like Vitali & Tyson Fury and has never been knocked down or knocked out. This dude is the absolute future. There will be a huge Wilder vs. Joshua fight some day in the future in Vegas. Absolute athletic specimen.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. Been following him too. I've followed Deontay for years. Actually met him recently. It's nice to see some guys in the heavyweight division with real potential. Deontay told me he has a tentative agreement to fight Wlad in January.

Also, Huey Fury is a project to watch. His cousin is a fraud.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yea. Been following him too. I've followed Deontay for years. Actually met him recently. It's nice to see some guys in the heavyweight division with real potential. Deontay told me he has a tentative agreement to fight Wlad in January.

Also, Huey Fury is a project to watch. His cousin is a fraud.
Really like Wilder as well, dude is great for the sport.

Heavyweights are certainly on the come up. Klitschko, Wilder, Fury, Joshua, Joseph Parker (Australian prospect) etc have potential to make it a good division. Obviously won't be the heavyweights of yesteryear, but could be a real solid division.

As far as Khan, I completely understand why people wanted to see him fight Mayweather. He does a great job at throwing in combinations and really does a good job of winning rounds with those flurries. I also won't criticize him too much for the performance against Algieri, that was a really poor style match up for him. Algieri really showed how smart he was as a human being in that fight for completely changing his style to get to Khan. Algieri is legitimately a good fighter, although he does lack in the power department.

At this point I would probably prefer a Mayweather-Cotto rematch (because Floyd-Gennady will never happen) or a Mayweather - Brook clash over Khan. Regardless, I won't complain if he fights Khan, been expecting it.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anthony Joshua, '12 Super Heavyweight Gold Medal Winner. Joshua is 13-0 with 13KOs. Been watching him since his win in London, 6'6" 250 lbs.

This is him yesterday on the Brook vs. Gavin card KO'ing Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds, who fought guys like Vitali & Tyson Fury and has never been knocked down or knocked out. This dude is the absolute future. There will be a huge Wilder vs. Joshua fight some day in the future in Vegas. Absolute athletic specimen.
All I sse in the video is an old timer way past his prime fighting super sloppy and giving zero respect to a rising star. Without any boxing knowledge, Johnson just looks like a can.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All I sse in the video is an old timer way past his prime fighting super sloppy and giving zero respect to a rising star. Without any boxing knowledge, Johnson just looks like a can.
Beating Johnson is certainly not some amazing feat or anything. Johnson has always fought like that, and his chin still holds up long enough for him to go 12 rounds & bore up a fight. Still gives perspective to how good Joshua could be. They give him who he fights and he destroys them, dont see that changing for a long time.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's being handled well. I'm find with his gradual increase in opponents. No need to rush him