Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just wanna say, props to Khan for the way he fought tonight. The guy won 4 of the first 5 rounds against insurmountable odds, and fought his ass off. Great punch from Canelo. Right when Khan bit the feint to the body, my stomach dropped. Just an absolutely devastating KO. I really can't tip my cap enough to Khan for taking a challenge like that, it's why I have always appreciated the guy. He honestly did better than I thought he would. Take some time off, and get back in there with Top 147 guys. You can compete with anyone.

Also Khan & Virgil did a fucking HUGE service to boxing by calling out Canelo to fight GGG and stop ducking. Fuck, I really hope that comes in the fall. That is a huge fight, regardless of how highly we all feel about GGG. It's more than wins and losses, boxing really needs that pride restored that fighting the best brings along.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I just wanna say, props to Khan for the way he fought tonight. The guy won 4 of the first 5 rounds against insurmountable odds, and fought his ass off. Great punch from Canelo. Right when Khan bit the feint to the body, my stomach dropped. Just an absolutely devastating KO. I really can't tip my cap enough to Khan for taking a challenge like that, it's why I have always appreciated the guy. He honestly did better than I thought he would. Take some time off, and get back in there with Top 147 guys. You can compete with anyone.

Also Khan & Virgil did a fucking HUGE service to boxing by calling out Canelo to fight GGG and stop ducking. Fuck, I really hope that comes in the fall. That is a huge fight, regardless of how highly we all feel about GGG. It's more than wins and losses, boxing really needs that pride restored that fighting the best brings along.
how the fuck did Canelo lose anything outside of the first 2 round? he landed more punches in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds. I dont know how anyone gave Khan more then 2 rounds. Canelo was hitting him with power shots while Khan snuck in a decent punch or 2 a round. Canelo was killing him in the body.

Idont know what people were see'ing. Hey 1 guy lands more punches then the other guy and they were mostly allpower punches, but he loses the round? hmm makes no sense.

Also, GGG bitches about no one wanting to fighthim and him fighting nothing but nobodies, but Andre Ward is rightthere waiting for him. GGG bitches about not wanting to do a catch weight to fight canelo and thats now how boxing is, but once Ward calls him out,he wants Ward to hit a catchweight! good ole boxing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't think Khan won anything after the second round as well. Not sure why people thought he won more.

I don't remember GGG asking for a catch weight by Ward, I take a lot of what comes from boxing camps with a grain of salt. What I do know is Canelo has the 160lb title and GGG is right about saying let's fight at 160lbs.. Especially when Canelo is walking in the ring at 170+ for his fights.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
looks like Caenlo-Khan did 600k PPV buys... Wow! Looks like fan's don't want to see fighters cherry picking easy wins. go figure.. Oscar predicted 2million lol.

He needs to fight GGG to even have a prayer for 2 million

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
how the fuck did Canelo lose anything outside of the first 2 round? he landed more punches in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds. I dont know how anyone gave Khan more then 2 rounds. Canelo was hitting him with power shots while Khan snuck in a decent punch or 2 a round. Canelo was killing him in the body.

Idont know what people were see'ing. Hey 1 guy lands more punches then the other guy and they were mostly allpower punches, but he loses the round? hmm makes no sense.

Also, GGG bitches about no one wanting to fighthim and him fighting nothing but nobodies, but Andre Ward is rightthere waiting for him. GGG bitches about not wanting to do a catch weight to fight canelo and thats now how boxing is, but once Ward calls him out,he wants Ward to hit a catchweight! good ole boxing.
Canelo landed about one body punch at a time to the body, Khan was more active for most of those rounds. Don't go off "CompuBox" that shit is constantly proven thoroughly it's a fucking sham, can't tell you how many times people fucking debunk that bogus piece of shit system. Khan was moving well the first 5 rounds, Canelo tracks poorly. It's not a surprise, Canelo has issues with movers. Khan was landing decent combos in those early rounds. Canelo wasn't landing shit to the head until his left hooks started landing later.

Btw, don't even start that GGG-Ward bullshit. Ward is two divisions higher, and Gennady's camp (when entertaining Ward right after his two year lay off) said they would be ok with it at 168 but Ward wanted majority money. Even half would be fucking stupid for GGG, he has consistently done better ratings his whole career. Not to mention Ward was fighting at fucking all for nearly 2 1/2 years. GGG & Ward are hands down my favorite current fighters, and I hope they meet eventually, but it's not happening within the year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I am back. And here's why I had to take a break -- to break a major story: Two sources with knowledge of test have told ESPN that Povetkin tested positive for meldonium with title fight vs Wilder a week away.
Ugh..

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck! Saw that earlier, and this sucks.

Meldonium was listed as a banned substance as of Jan. 1st of this year, so Povetkin's camp is claiming that this is just a very small amount still left over. Helps blood flow & recovery etc and is commonly used in Eastern Europe. Many doctors here aren't really sure if it actually helps in any athletic capacity. It was the same shit Sharapova was banned for earlier in the year I think. Wilder's camp is debating on what to do, we may see a fight with an understanding that Wilder can't exactly lose the belt. Wilder is set to make nearly $5 million, Povetkin $2.3 million-ish.

Joseph Parker & Carlos Takam are set to fight the same day in New Zealand. Two really solid heavyweight fights, assuming the Wilder fight actually happens. Really solid step up for Parker in Takam. Heavyweights are getting shit done, which is really nice.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Canelo out percentaged him 51 percent to 28 percent and its way the fuck higher if you remove the first 2 rounds. Khan won them clean, no desputing that, but last 4 isnt wasnt all that close. Once canelo landed that body shoti in the 3rd, it was over. Khan knew he was fucked. I still dont see how getting hit harder more times per round means you lose the round. This is boxing it should always be who did more damage in that round. Sure in the fuck wasnt khan consiering he landed less punches. At least with floyd he made damn sure he hit you and you did not hit him. As little damage as he does to his opponents they do nothing to him.

Also, the Ward fightwould be at 168 not 175. GGG fights at 160. That is just 1 weight division not 2 unless GGG considers himself a Light-Middleweight now.

Column_sl

shitlord
So this Mayweather vs Conor fight may happen.

Both sides want to do it they are just putting the money in place.

I think it is the dumbest shit ever. What a clown show...

Column_sl

shitlord
I guess. It's going to be billed as MMA vs Boxing which is even more retarded.

I'm not even sure Connor could beat a mid level boxer let alone that legend.

Everytime those MMA guys try to box they get shit on.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most MMA fighters failed at at least 1 major sport before settling in on MMA so it's no surprise...

Kind of like failed football players that try boxing and get KOed. There is a point to be made here. I'm sure! Very rarely do you find a great fighter who took up boxing later on in life. Most start at a young age and stick with it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A "good boxer" in MMA is anyone who throws OKlookingcombos. That's it. They can eat every punch thrown back at them, like Junior Dos Santos Or the Diaz brothers, and still be considered a good boxer.

Make it kickboxing and it will be interesting. Seeing how Floyd moves after 3 round of leg kicks would be something. He'd still have that great body movement and the shoulder roll etc, but it would put a serious damper on his running and corner escapes.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's the difference between boxing, any other combat sport. It's simplicity is what makes it such a pure "sport".

It's a very fair playing field, you need only know how to box.

MMA you need to know a shitload of skills, and almost no one has all of them at the top level. That meta is constantly in shift

Kickboxing is very much in the legs. You have to worry about not only the foot itself ,but also the knee. Not to mention the boxing end of it, and you have to protect every part of the body.

In boxing you can not hit anyone with anything other then your closed fist, no elbows, and everything has to be above the waist.

It's pugilism at it's finest.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's going to back out. They had till Tuesday to make fight and he Already dropped. GGG already said he'd let Canelo take more of the $$. Canelo playing with fire. I think they want out but maybe dropped the title to see how bad the fallout would be so I guess there is a chance he tries to save face by taking it if it looks like something he'll never recover from?

Column_sl

shitlord
According to that article Golden Boy is just backing out the mandated deadline because of issues with the money.\

I have to hope with all the public demand they will make this happen.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should have made the fucking fight.

GGG isn't getting any younger. These motherfuckers need to step in the ring with him now, not wait til he's 40.