Boxing

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Santa Cruz-Frampton tonight!

Edit-What a great fight. If you havent seen it, I suggest you check out the replay.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Missed the fight live, heard it was a great one (have only seen the extended replays). Talk of a rematch or Lee Selby fight, of course Frampton isn't going near Rigo. Maybe he'll go after Loma eventually and take that "L".

Andre Ward fights this weekend on HBO in his last fight before the Kovalev superfight in November. Brand (the guy he is fighting) is a fairly solid fighter whose only loss is to Badou Jack (current 168 title holder) in an extremely close fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bundu isn't an all-world fighter, but he is a tough guy. Spence Jr. annihilated Bundu. Brook & Thurman are great fighters, but I don't think either beats Spence. Guy is a tank.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ps. Spence Jr. - Bundu on NBC did 6 million viewers. Really impressive, even if it rode the end of the gold medal basketball game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
damn, that's not bad at all. Spence is a beast. He needs to start fighting the A guys now. He's ready

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That's the most viewers for anything in recent memory for both boxing or combat sports in general on non-ppv. Think a Golden Boy card on Fox about 15 years ago did 5-6 million-ish. Riding the Olympic coattails or not, that's a really good look for Spence.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Next 3 months are going to be fun for boxing fans, Blitzbro. I can't wait to see GGG this weekend. UK crowds are always fun

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, I cant wait either!

Good fight weekend all around. GGG-Brook, Chocolatito-Cuerdas, Jacobs-Mora. Even UFC has a heavyweight title fight. Really, solid weekend. Definitely a primetime on the calendar for boxing.

Btw, John David Jackson has finally admitted that Golovkin did in fact KO Kovalev with a body shot in sparring at one point. He cites "out of shape" and "beginning of camp" as being major factors. Regardless, the legend of Golovkin continues to grow. The sparring stories of Golovkin are fascinating: Groves being put out with a body shot, Canelo getting taken to the shed, and Chavez Jr., now Kovalev, cruiserweights saying that he hits like an absolute monster. Eerily similar to the Hearns, Hagler, Trinidad stories of years past. Soak him in while you can, he is very special.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anything I hear about GGG in sparring I just believe at this point. Dude is so heavy handed lol.

Random fight I'm actually really looking forward to is Hughie Fury vrs Andy Ruiz Jr. on October 29 on the Fury vs. Klitschko undercard.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, thats a solid little fight. Good little test for Fury, he should beat Ruiz. Ruiz is actually pretty athletic for how "large" he is, but he is short etc

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow. Wasn't expecting that. good fight but GGG made it more of a fight than it should have been by giving 0 fucks about getting hit lol.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, such an entertaining fucking fight. Brook really showed me some shit, that guy is a dangerous dude at 154. I thought Spence really would just be too much for him, but that's a fucking fight for sure.

Gennady really should've boxed more, that guy just never gets hurt. Give me GGG-Jacobs in Dec. or Jan., if HBO wants to be fucking cheap take that shit to Showtime or PBC. Great fight day!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. I'd love to see GGG-Jacobs. I like how GGG ignored the Canelo stuff after the fight. Hopkins even mentioned Canelo missing an opportunity since GGG looked off his game lol.

There has always been so much talk about Khan-Brook and I always suspected Brook would win that fight easily but I think he's actually slaughter Khan after what I saw yesterday.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Khan's a really talented dude, and I don't doubt he can box around Brook some. But Brook is just too sturdy & strong. Think he handles Khan now.

I'd love to see some more fights in AT&T Stadium, but I just cant bring myself to support this Canelo fight. So I'll probably stay home and stream it, very unfortunate.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it is, and you're right to sit out. It's the only leverage we have. I hope it does so bad that they don't even consider pulling something like this again. They never learn tho:-(

• 1Solidarity

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The British fighters have been so good this year, I'm actually kind of curious about Smith. I havent had time to look up any of his fights but he's pretty big. He could give Canelo some trouble if he has a solid chin.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So basically that whole heavyweight card was canceled with Wlad-Fury including those 2. Of Fury doesn't have a major health issue, they need to strip him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if that's true it's really b/c he's a lazy fat ass and knows he'll get killed in the rematch