Boxing

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
No one expected Floyd be so much better then him. We knew he was good, that was just way over Pacman skills level.
Yes they did. People thought Manny would be an underdog to Floyd before he got tombstoned by Marquez. Except the last week when people starting pretending it was close to get the casuals no one in boxing seemed to think Manny had a chance. That's why everyone was so pissed when it was announced, because 5 years ago this is an amazing fight and now Manny winning would have been an awesome surprise.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I feel stupid for even saying "split decision" beforehand because I thought there was so much of a pro-pacman vibe going into it.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I just feel that Floyd was cowardly in that fight. Whatever.

I say bring back bare knuckle boxing. I'd watch the fuck out of that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Who do you all think will be Mayweather's last fight? I think there's no fucking way he takes a risk against a guy like Amir Khan.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yes they did. People thought Manny would be an underdog to Floyd before he got tombstoned by Marquez. Except the last week when people starting pretending it was close to get the casuals no one in boxing seemed to think Manny had a chance. That's why everyone was so pissed when it was announced, because 5 years ago this is an amazing fight and now Manny winning would have been an awesome surprise.
Underdog is a huge diffrence to what just happened. Like I would have never expected pacman to just lay over like that.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
And by lay over you mean, be the aggresor the entire fight, get clinched every time you land anything, and not take a hard shot all fight?

What a fight for the ages.... lol.

rinthe_sl

shitlord
The lead up to the fight brought a lot of people back to boxing. The fight itself has probably set boxing back further behind now.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
That second fight was great. That little dude could take a beating for the ages, holy shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
And by lay over you mean, be the aggresor the entire fight, get clinched every time you land anything, and not take a hard shot all fight?

You realize that Floyd was the one keeping Manny in the middle of the ring, correct? he was not the aggressor haha

Agressors throw punches, all Manny was doing was getting destroyed and moved around like a puppet.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....

This is what happens every time a short powerful guy faces a longer guy with a good jab. It happens in all weight classes. Go watch Tyson/Holyfield, or Lennox Lewis vs anyone. The short dude has to get in close to get past the jab, the tall guy clenches, the referee breaks it up, and now the short guy has to get past the jab again. That's boxing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
33SaQEY.gif

Entertaining defense...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Tyson in his prime was an aberration because he was so quick he'd slip the jab and get inside and that was that.

Column_sl

shitlord
This isnt the first time Pacman has fought someone with a longer reach lol. That gameplan he had was awful. He threw less punches then any other opponent against Floyd.

That is just mind boggling. He supposed to be one of the greatest boxers of all time..

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This fight just reminds me why the UFC is destroying boxing.

Column_sl

shitlord
Tyson in his prime was an aberration because he was so quick he'd slip the jab and get inside and that was that.
He was but he still got beat by Buster Douglas in his prime with no excuses. He was insane tho, but not on Roy Jones level. Roy in his prime was the greatest boxer ever to watch.