Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Late on input from the weekend...

Broner simply does not punch enough, shit kills me. Porter is getting a shit ton of praise, and props to him on the win & the way he carries himself, but he is sloppy as well. Ward looked good, but at the end of the day it was Paul Smith. Lemieux looked amazing, and N'Dam's rebound ability after a knock down is second to only Hamed's back in the day. Lemieux has moved to a point of being can't miss fighting, the guy is ultra-ultra exciting and that win over N'Dam was quite a bit more convincing than Quillin's (due to N'Dam winning majority of rounds against Quillin). De La Hoya has said that Lemieux won't see GGG this year, but probably next. Would absolutely love to see Lemieux & Quillin.

Floyd also talked about potentially fighting Berto or Mayfield.... FUCKING KARIM MAYFIELD WHAT THE FUCK.... I pray to fucking God that it was in fact a joke.

Bradley vs. Vargas this weekend, decent little scrap. Believe Bradley will be just too good. Winner is apparently looking at a Sadam Ali fight later in Dubai later in the year. Card is rumored to be: Ali vs. Bradley/Vargas winner, Lomachenko vs. Walters (but now that may not be made due to Walter's weight issues), Donaire vs. Quigg, Gilberto Ramirez vs. Abraham-Stieglitz winner. We can only hope that card actually happens.

Ps. Spence looked amazing, he has always had a ton of buzz here in the DFW area. He looks as if he is about to sign with TMT (which sucks). Floyd is already positioning Spence as his flagship fighter, and it appears as if Haymon is probably going to start running his stable out of TMT. It scares me so much for someone that talented and likeable to be a TMT fighter, but if TMT Promotions is essentially going to become Haymon's promotion company, I am ok with it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. I don't think it would have changed the outcome tho. Bradley wasn't going down in that short of time

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Like Tim said, there was 7 seconds left and he recovered perfectly fine. Love him setting it straight Vargas after the fight. Was a good shot by Vargas, but Tim is heart personified, he wasn't losing that fight.

Bradley thoroughly won 9-3 of those rounds, he even sacrifices defense for entertainment at times by winging punches. I liked what I saw from Vargas, but for the majority of that fight Tim dogged him. I don't wanna see a rematch right now, was a good fight but lets move on.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Generated a $100+ million more revenue than the Super Bowl.

There is something about putting two of the baddest dudes alive in the middle of a square, and letting them fight. There will always at least be a market for the "Superfights". Just imagine if that were a heavyweight fight... Jesus.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like the chances of a rematch went up in flames with top rank filing lawsuit on Haymon. Ah well

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wlad-Fury is a very interesting fight, heavyweights are picking up a little steam. Looks like Wilder may get Arreola for his last fight before Povetkin later this year.

Also, Lomachenko vs. Rigondeaux looks like a legitimate possibility now at 126. There have been very few fights in the history of this sport where that ring has been filled with more technically gifted fighters than those two if they get in those four corners together. A combined 4 gold medals, and usually the two most oft mentioned names for the "Greatest Amateur Fighter Ever" title. This fight would be a hardcore fight fans dream!

Herrera also finally got a decision in his favor last night, was just a really good night for combat sports all around.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Berto is a really bad choice of opponent, but regardless of who he fights I hope it truly is on CBS. It would be really good for combat sports in general if its premier fighter was on national TV.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully they manage to get Thurman vrs Spence jr. On undercard, if this is true

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Would love to see Thurman vs. Spence Jr, if they even just did a Thurman vs. Porter or something along those lines that'd be great also. If this does end up on national TV w/ a three hour time slot, they could really do boxing a favor and absolutely load that card similar to what UFC has to do. Really curious how the viewership numbers would due compared to past fights.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So great that nobody even cares about Floyd and Berto. What a way to supposedly leave the sport

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really wish he would've done a better fight than Berto on national TV. Would've been nice if he would've done someone like Khan on CBS, would be a good way to keep attention on the sport.

GGG - Lemieux talks are strongly underway as well. I could see it getting done for early 2016 with a build up fight for both coming later this year, HBO is big on building these unification fights. I would really like to see HBO/K2 just pony the fuck up and make a Lara fight, but then again Lara is a Haymon fighter and they may not settle unless GGG heads to PBC for a fight. Shit idk, this is much longer than usual for GGG's camp to announce fights. Which I am actually ok with, see what plays out.

Decent fight night tonight (Kovalev & Mohammedi, Shumenov & Flores) for boxing, and then a solid UFC card (Dillashaw vs. Barao, have fun losing again Barao!).

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Really wish he would've done a better fight than Berto on national TV. Would've been nice if he would've done someone like Khan on CBS, would be a good way to keep attention on the sport.

GGG - Lemieux talks are strongly underway as well. I could see it getting done for early 2016 with a build up fight for both coming later this year, HBO is big on building these unification fights. I would really like to see HBO/K2 just pony the fuck up and make a Lara fight, but then again Lara is a Haymon fighter and they may not settle unless GGG heads to PBC for a fight. Shit idk, this is much longer than usual for GGG's camp to announce fights. Which I am actually ok with, see what plays out.

Decent fight night tonight (Kovalev & Mohammedi, Shumenov & Flores) for boxing, and then a solid UFC card (Dillashaw vs. Barao, have fun losing again Barao!).
Fight is gonna happen October 17th at MSG.

Should be a good one!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So damn excited. They had to do PPV to make the money right for Lemieux, but they will get my money. There is no better action fight you can make in boxing. Could be some mini Hagler-Hearns stuff!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This Sergei Kovalev seems pretty good. But it is also why I have a hard time watching boxing. It was so one sided. Everyone knew it would be coming in too. It's like watching horse racing but you already know how it will end.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Sergei Kovalev seems pretty good. But it is also why I have a hard time watching boxing. It was so one sided. Everyone knew it would be coming in too. It's like watching horse racing but you already know how it will end.
That's what happens when you start clearing out your division. Start running out of legit people. I think he may have been a mandatory tho? Sucks the Stevenson fight can't happen, that is where I think we all agree boxing hurts itself. The top 2 guys need to be fighting. The ward talk next year is really exciting.

Can't wait for the GGG fight. Although I think GGG is just a much better fighter.