Brave Frontier

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
As much as I'd like to trigger it myself in 2 hours.....if anyone in the Rerolled guild can pop in and unlock our next EXP Boost level, it would appreciated.... should be just 2 +Karma clicks away from the unlock.

Between the Karma dungeon today and such, would be nice to have another +5% EXP rolling around, and I'm about to hit a level up soon, so gonna be doing all sorts of shenanigans to use my energy at its potential today.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Absolutely take item set for the final waves, double UBB is a must to get high enough score. The way you get enough to UBB that often is the flute item in the set. On wave 5 when you UBB, use the flute immediately, and use it again right away on round 6. The flute increases OD fill rate astronomically, so it should only take 2-3 rounds with the flute buff to fill UBB to use it second time.

Also about the one shot thing from mobs even through mitigation, I found out the problem with that when working on the gates myself. Similar to trial bosses, most of the mobs in the FG's have hp thresholds. If you nuke them from 100% to about 20% in 1 round, it triggers all of their thresholds at once, which will kill you no matter what. If you can't absolutely 1 shot the boss wave, you must take it slowly, knocking off maybe 35-40% of their life per round. I don't know the exact thresholds, but my guess is something around 70% and 40%. Be sure to win on round 3 though, since you need that 3 round kill bonus for score.

+2 Thanks.

Managed to UBB on rounds 4, 5 and 6 with UBB-boosted kills on turn 3 for all 3 rounds. Final Score.... 2.303 M lol, talk about coming in under the wire o_O Got the Versatile Device though, so I'm chalking that up as a win no matter how close it was lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Glad to help! Now we get to sit around and wait for more content, which is probably still weeks away at this point, sigh...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forbidden tablets is back next week (at full energy) so at least that's something.

I'm hoping we get summoner mode by the end of September, otherwise it's going to be really boring.

Zehlla and quaid are the most recent legacy oe announced.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Glad to help! Now we get to sit around and wait for more content, which is probably still weeks away at this point, sigh...

I haven't touched the Female FG yet - and that is the next Guild Event......Not looking forward to that one TBH, my Male lineup is stronger than my Female lineup (by miles and miles I think).....No idea who I'd even use as a mitigator. Edea or Elimo? lol ....I could go with a Lara friend lead, but then I'm stuck with Lara's Leadership skillset whether I want it or not.....not to mention it locks me out of all other friend-help possibilities.

Zehlla and quaid are the most recent legacy oe announced.

I have mixed feelings about Zellha and Quaid.

On the one hand, Quaid was my very first 7-star unit (and I used him a TON, I used him for ages and ages)....So I have a ton of fond memories of Quaid.....but he has Diana's Sword now, and apparently some other cues that he's borrowing from other's in his batch.....So it's looking like a +Elements +BC support type skill set.... But guess what I don't need more of? Yea, Elements and BC support skills. Maybe they'll make him awesome, I hope so....but I'm preparing to be disappointed simply because I have no idea what he could get that I'd actually want to remake my squads over.

Re: Zellha, a 6-star unit with spark-blanket style SBB damage spread and Injury/Weakness. About as close to a blank slate as you can get for a legacy unit. Everyone seems to think she's going to go in the direction of Status Ailments/Debuffs + other toys, but that is almost by definition niche. If that's what her OE becomes, where would any of us use her? Honestly. Her and Azami could sit in a corner together and cry about how no one ever wants to use them.

I do have a Zellha in Anima form, so believe me when I say I'm hoping they do something that makes her useful. I'd love to be able to look forward to her OE with great anticipation - at the moment, its more like apprehension though. If they really want to throw folks a curveball, they could make her a Mitigator :p

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that both have potential to get major overhauls, zelnite getting slightly higher numbers + a heal was pretty boring, but there is only so much you can do when your base kit is stacked.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have an oracle quaid and no zellha. By the time we get those units though, won't omnis be worthless due to the only relevant content from now on is summoner mode? Seems weird to keep releasing omnis. Speaking of new omnis, they said we were getting omni updates to Maxwell, Cardes, Zelhuva, and Afla, so what ever happened to them? My guess is they realized it wasn't making them any cash to promote free units to meta status like they did with Ark (which I bet they seriously regret doing) so they changed their mind? Disappointing, I was looking forward to omni Cardes.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I like that both have potential to get major overhauls, zelnite getting slightly higher numbers + a heal was pretty boring, but there is only so much you can do when your base kit is stacked.

Yea, true.

The difference with Zelnite being that even in the thick of the Omni-Era, I've got dozens of Zelnites on my friends list - and not a single person anywhere would think there is something wrong with that. Zelnite/Deer or bust for anything that gives exp/items and is easy enough to go full auto on....making him relevant as an Omni character is just icing on the cake everyone was already eating anyway. He's going from just being one of the two go-to units in existence for Auto-farming EXP/Items/anything else to being promoted to full on Trial/GQ/GGC caliber usage.

While the skillset changes could be considered boring, the sheer usage I'm going to get out of that character is off the charts. I can't even foresee a time when I won't be using him in some capacity or other.

Rize always had a very small skill set (esp considering she was 7-stars), but she was always in the niche of mega-nuker, so even before we ever saw her Omni skill set, I was excited to see what she'd become (and man, did they deliver on her niche, wow). While its hard to say if I'd ever use her for much outside of FH/FG's, she's secured her spot there for a while to come, and that is plenty. All a character needs is to be genuinely useful for something.

I've got an Azami - I plugged her into my Medal Rush squad just because once upon a time, a long, long time ago, poison used to matter there LOL. If not for that, she might not get used anywhere. It doesn't help that Ensa-Taya completely annihilates the entire rest of the Ailment Infliction landscape almost as an afterthought on her skill set, but even besides that, Azami is a glorified 7-star ailment inflictor in 8-star clothes.

I just don't want to see more Azami's :/

Apologies for the wall-of-text....you got me rambling somehow :p

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I have an oracle quaid and no zellha. By the time we get those units though, won't omnis be worthless due to the only relevant content from now on is summoner mode?

Is that really where things are going? Not sure how I feel about that.

I suppose this was their solution to basically rebooting the game at a more manageable level before all the excessive power-creep? ....While adding the Summoner as a character with whole new stuff to work on as a bonus? Kinda makes sense, but if they really go this route with no apologies, I'm gonna want some brand new 5-star units to play with at some point :p lol

They must have a plan in place to make money after Summoner Mode releases and folks are busy making groups with their collections of retired 5-star units.

I'm not going to claim that any of this makes any sense to me yet :p

I'm hoping the Summoner character isn't gimped out compared to the rest of the squad.....going to have ancient 5-star units running around with Omni-Era Spheres and Elgifs? I suppose the long term goal is something along the lines of letting the player develop their Summoner character to the point where they can graduate to using 6-star units without the oppressive penalties, then eventually 7-star units, etc? Might even get back to Omni's in 2018 lol

That could be a fun ride o_O

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
The people who took every chance they could to summon from the old gate at 1-gem per summon whether they wanted anything or not are going to look like bloody geniuses. (I was not one of those people.)

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have an oracle quaid and no zellha. By the time we get those units though, won't omnis be worthless due to the only relevant content from now on is summoner mode? Seems weird to keep releasing omnis. Speaking of new omnis, they said we were getting omni updates to Maxwell, Cardes, Zelhuva, and Afla, so what ever happened to them? My guess is they realized it wasn't making them any cash to promote free units to meta status like they did with Ark (which I bet they seriously regret doing) so they changed their mind? Disappointing, I was looking forward to omni Cardes.

They announced a new grand quest, new trial system and a new coop mode so it seems they are going to release new omni tier content along with new summoner mode content.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They announced a new grand quest, new trial system and a new coop mode so it seems they are going to release new omni tier content along with new summoner mode content.
So this was my worry... they need OE content in order to keep the money flow of summons incoming, but they design summoner mode around not being able to use OEs...

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
All I know is Gumi can be hit-or-miss with patches....I remember last year when I was locked out of the game for the better part of a week (during a FH no less) because they fucked up a patch that locked out a large number of people including myself.

Summoner mode is a huuuuge fucking deal....This game has never seen a single change that big all at once before. I'm getting a gigantic tub of popcorn for the patch that integrates Summoner Mode......Only 3 things can happen.... Either it will be hilarious, catastrophic or goddamn amazing. I'm hoping for amazing, but I wouldn't put a single cent against it being catastrophic either lol.

Either way my popcorn will be ready, and I'm sure to get all sorts of entertainment out of it :p

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I finally got it.

(Actually got it several days ago....but you know.....too lazy to post the image :p lol)

Dm4kuud.jpg

Also just for kicks...

Dem Bulbs Doe...

vyPTtEb.jpg

Sphere Frogs....Sphere Frogs Everywhere!

qDaZCz5.jpg

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol nice. Low on sphere frogs for the first time ever. Been too lazy of late and wasted a lot of 'em on SP.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Lol nice. Low on sphere frogs for the first time ever. Been too lazy of late and wasted a lot of 'em on SP.

Man, wish I could give you a few.....I'm sitting at 37 Sphere frogs, and 72 Burst Emps (the goddamn Burst Frogs/Emps are a menace.) ....a few weeks back I burnt as many burst frogs as I could (even fusing some for SP just because) within a week I was back up to 90+ Burst Frogs. I dump those things to raise BB levels without a second thought anymore....almost seems weird that I used to farm fodder to raise BB levels heh. I've used Burst Emps to raise SP levels too, but it doesn't feel right....still 70+ of the damn things, and I get regular burst frogs fast enough that I never need the Emps to raise BB levels.....

Almost wish there was something else worthwhile to do with the things. I just max SBB leveled 2 characters from scratch from regular burst frogs and still have 42 left.

I'm going to have to go on another sphere'ing spree, just to clear up space. 150+ Character slots being monopolized by freakin' frogs....it's some biblical plague shit overrunning my inventory o_O

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
So I got this guy yesterday (rather happy about it too)....and it wasn't until late in the night when it even occured to me to wonder....and yep, it's a perfect Omni-Tier candidate for the "Genderless" +20% All Stats Elgif I never used.

uWbVDpa.jpg

That is as high as I could get it without running a Mega Meta Parade or something.

I ended up getting Rayla - not too sure what I'm going to do with her, but no complaints.....Stein (Anima typing no less) who looks absolutely perfect for 2nd Mitigator duties behind Krantz....and Zekt here who looks like he might be magnificent for a Karna Masta run.

He's not even leveled up and he's already eye'ing the 10k HP mark without any spheres, SP or elgif lol. +20% HP from an Elgif, +40% HP from a sphere, +50% HP from SP skills +50% HP from his own leadership skill......*and* a HP scaled nuke? sheeeeeeit......this beast is gonna be a monster.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zekt will indeed be an amazing KM lead. I pulled mine right afterwards, ofc. He's really good, too - he appears to me to completely outclass Rize, at least until Omni.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only noteworthy pulls for me over the past few weeks are Kalon and...Azurai!!!! Wasn't wasn't even a rateup with him in it, but I stopped aummoning right there. I know not to push my luck.

Kalon I really want to like, but he just doesn't seem very good. Gonna try hard to use him, though, because he's hilarious in breaker form. I have a screenshot somewhere showing him with well over 6k attack...sphereless.

Started working on raid spheres (finally) but I'd prefer to find a way to dupe Meirith Pearls - god, what a sphere.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Only noteworthy pulls for me over the past few weeks are Kalon and...Azurai!!!! Wasn't wasn't even a rateup with him in it, but I stopped aummoning right there. I know not to push my luck.

Kalon I really want to like, but he just doesn't seem very good. Gonna try hard to use him, though, because he's hilarious in breaker form. I have a screenshot somewhere showing him with well over 6k attack...sphereless.

Nice Grats! Man, I want an Azurai lol, I want a half-dozen of those fuggers, might be the first unit in the history of the game I'd happily take dupes of. Kalon is pretty damn sweet too - just seems that in the Omni Era, units are so friggin' stacked that once you get a good setup, it's hard to justify reworking a squad no matter how good a unit is - nearly everything is already covered anyway.

As far as OE Rize and Zekt go - they look like they could co-exist perfectly well to me. Rize would even appreciate Zekt's +10-15% HP buff on his BB to boost her own damage. (I forgot to list that earlier amongst his litany of absurd +HP sources....this fukin' guy lol).....add in Zekt's crit buffing and Rize's obnoxiously OP self-buffing damage skills (SP and otherwise).....lawd gods. Seriously, it makes me wish that the next Global Exclusive Limited Edition was a HP Scaled Nuker with +60% HP on it's Leadershipp skill, to go along with a massive Heal and other Pro-HP/Nukage toys - make it a Mitigator - or even better yet, make it the new Tridon, with a fat fuckin' HP shield that keeps folks HP's from even being touched - just because LE's are absurdly powerful anyway and wtf not :p .........a Unit like that along with Zekt, Kulyuk, OE Rize etc....It could turn the new global meta into using entire groups made of nothing but mega-hp buffed, HP-Scaled Nukers. The power-creep would be grotesque, but lawd-geezus it would be awesome to behold lol

Units currently on my wishlist would definitely include Azuari and Elza (they are both so nice), with some Lara on the side for a Female mitigator option.

Last edited: