Breaking Bad

iannis

Musty Nester
I just think it would be cheap, Walt coming back to save Jesse in a final act of contrition. Not improbable just cheap.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
To be clear, it's not that I'm positive he's coming back purely to save Jesse. I just think the people completely dismissing the idea are being stupid.
We are dismissing the idea he comes back for that reason. It just isn't going to be why he comes back. Might he save Jesse in the process or at least try? Sure. He won't get a text message saying Jesse is alive and then come running though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He won't get a text message saying Jesse is alive and then come running though.
Right, but he does talk to Saul who seems to have information. So it's not insane to thinkpartof the reason he's planning to go in there all Rambo. Hearing the guy you got really close to and sort of viewed as a son and saved repeatedly has been treated like an animal and tortured for 9 months because you wanted him to feel pain for a day or two, plus knowing you are going to die very soon no matter what,couldmake you want to help him. It's not cheap, it's not against character. Do people really think Walt is just evil now? His character made this long emotional and psychological journey to turn in to a caricature for the final 2 and a half hours of the series?

edit: Fuck it, I'm in NFL mode. Someone make a stupid 1 week pointless avatar bet with me on this=P If Walt goes in not knowing about Jesse, I'm the asshole. If part of the reason he goes Rambo is Jesse, whoever takes the bet is the asshole. Or everyone. Will add a week for each of you that takes it. If I'm right you all get it for 1 week. Sounds good to me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Walt cared/loved Jesse, but Walt cared/loved Hank a hell of a lot more and he has known him much longer than jesse and Hank was always good to Walt. ya know until he found out Walt was his nemesis, they acted like brothers.

the generic choice for walt is to go back to save Jesse and die in a blaze of glory. the contrarian choice is walt will go back to kill jesse and everyone else at the nazi compound, and dying before he can do so. the breaking bad choice is anyone's guess. could be he heard ET landed and he can make rainbow colored meth thats 100% pure and will taste like Reese's Pieces, so walt returns to fuck him up for making a better cook.
tongue.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
you know what Walt is like? Walt always comes back to Jesse. I mean that literally. he gets fucking mad, confiscated Jesse's money on numerous occasions, but in the end, Walt comes back to Jesse when it's all said and done.

That's how it's going to end.

Walt is gonna fuck shit up, put Nazis to death, and comes back to rescue Jesse.

That's Walt.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The state of Walt's house in the flashforward would lead me to believe we already know the primary motivation for Walt returning to New Mexico. Though, the writers do like to misdirect.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll take the bet if it's about the primary reason, and not the too open ended "part of".
Well, the first thing I said arguing this was very specifically that "it doesn't have to be the only reason", since most folks were pretending the only way he'd care about Jesse at all is if he was the sole reason.

When I say "part of the reason" I mean that it will be clear that at least some of his motivation is to help Jesse. He knows Jesse is there in advance AND he wants to help him, I win. He doesn't know, or he plans to kill him or it's clear he just doesn't give a shit one way or the other, I lose. Can't imagine it will be ambiguous but if it is I guess bet off.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd imagine it will be somewhat ambiguous and we won't really know Walt's intentions until after the final episode.

There's going to be more Walt/Jesse interaction and they both have a common enemy, so helping Jesse is a likely possibility. But the way it was set up last episode, him just changing his mind would be lazy writing.

Breaking Bad is better than that

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But the way it was set up last episode, him just changing his mind would be lazy writing.

Breaking Bad is better than that
Nine. Months.

He's not just turning around the next day on a whim(if it happens).

And of course we won't know until the final episode.

Take the silly bet or don't, I laid out the terms pretty clearly, enough jibba-jabba fool. Open to all takers.

mr-t-1.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Maybe it was the long break, but the second half of this season is uncharacteristic of the series. They're sort of glossing over a bunch of stuff so they can reach some wild ending. I get that they don't want the show to outstay its welcome but this just doesn't feel like an appropriate sendoff.
Why am I out of negs for you? Holy shit you have a large vagina....

iannis

Musty Nester
He's not entirely wrong.

Skylar grew a personality for a second and then remembered where her place is. We had a big dumb dramatic shootout. We've had Jesse being relentlessly emo for, honestly, no entirely credible reason besides "jesse is an emo addict". We've had Walt vacillate twice.

The final half season has suffered some from the way they've tried to pretend that half seasons are a season in order to stretch the runtime. It's not anywhere approaching Dexter levels of "please god let it end", but there are uncharacteristic elements in this final spurt to the finish. Entire subplots that ended with that "this will be important later" vibe have just been forgotten. It's been more good than bad, but there are some cracks showing if you look for them. Not as good as s4, but better than s1 or s2. Not gonna bitch about it too much, it's a strong enough finish. Hank dying, Walts confrontation with the inevitable, and the resolution of Jesse make up for whatever rushjob there is.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What subplots were forgotten? Season 5 pt 2 has been epic tv. Aside from the shootout that took too long, it's been damn near perfect.

It's opinion, though, so no big deal if someone disagrees with that.

But earlier he said the show peaked in season 1 which is why he's an obvious troll.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Uh what? I never said that. If I remember correctly, someone said season 1 wasn't that good and I had argued that the show was great from the start.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's not entirely wrong.

Skylar grew a personality for a second and then remembered where her place is. We had a big dumb dramatic shootout. We've had Jesse being relentlessly emo for, honestly, no entirely credible reason besides "jesse is an emo addict". We've had Walt vacillate twice.

The final half season has suffered some from the way they've tried to pretend that half seasons are a season in order to stretch the runtime. It's not anywhere approaching Dexter levels of "please god let it end", but there are uncharacteristic elements in this final spurt to the finish. Entire subplots that ended with that "this will be important later" vibe have just been forgotten. It's been more good than bad, but there are some cracks showing if you look for them. Not as good as s4, but better than s1 or s2. Not gonna bitch about it too much, it's a strong enough finish. Hank dying, Walts confrontation with the inevitable, and the resolution of Jesse make up for whatever rushjob there is.
season 2 is probably still my favorite. so much badassery happens during that season and this is while walt is still working in humble beginnings