Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Jive Turkey

Karen
I'd just like to point out that I don't believe either Mist or that retard have pointed us to a single study or even a single link. Interesting

Jive Turkey

Karen
This conclusion is still just a fucking guess put there by the researcher. They would actually have to identify a biological mechanism by which a causal relationship occurs to come to such a conclusion.
This charge is similar to the retarded one Deepak Chopra put out a few weeks back. "1 million dollars to anyone that can tell me how a thought is formed in the brain".
You're resorting to "of the gaps" arguments

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One hundred and seven young adults (54 women) participated in this study. Age ranged between 18 and 36 years (mean age = 22.5). Participants were psychology students of the University of Rome and for their participation received a money voucher that could be used in a local bookseller.
So a study that samples only psychology students is a broad sample? That's LITERALLY THE INTRO TO PSYCH RESEARCH METHODS EXAMPLE OF A SHITTY SAMPLE IN THE ALL FUCKING PSYCH RESEARCH METHODS TEXTBOOKS. I'VE TAUGHT THAT FUCKING CLASS.

WHOS THE FUCKING RETARD NOW?

Jive Turkey

Karen
Again, adult brains. Where's your evidence that those changes weren't the result of a lifetime's worth of conditionally rewarding the development of certain skills and behaviors?
First you said there were no differences in the structure of the brain between men and women. We showed you that was wrong. You back pedaled and said only adult brains were different. We showed you evidence that the structure of childrens brains were different and it was directly related to fetal testosterone levels (interesting). You said it didn't count. We asked you to look at the behavioral differences between the sexes in pretty much every other species on Earth. You said our fore brains rendered 1 billion years of neurological evolution nearly moot. We talked about how every society that has developed on the planet, even ones isolated geographically from "modern society" until very recently also developed the very same gender specializations. You.... ignored it I guess. My point is, at every turn, you've been proven wrong and retreat back further from what you consider to be proof. Now you're asking for the specific biological mechanism by which gender differences occur (apparently structural differences don't mean anything to you despite the fact we know what the different structures are responsible for). It's insanity. But I ask you, what are the specific biological mechanisms responsible for the conditioning you're championing? At the base level of the brain, citing specific brain areas and interactions, what is happening?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The hilarious part is that probably mist cant get to point A from point B, without using a GPS. lol at that irony.
I have a literally off-the-top-of-the-scale Perceptual Organization Index score on the WAIS. Why? Because my mommy didn't discourage me when I played with blocks and Legos and Erector sets and model rockets instead of dolls.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Things Tanoomba and Mist have in common:

#1 Post absolutist bullshit that is clearly wrong: check
#2 Cherry pick replies to only address points made by idiots: check
#3 Express point very poorly and continually change it so that people don't even really know what the fuck you're talking about: check
#4 Claim to be winning the argument the entire time: check
#5 Wait until you are totally cornered and then change argument to match what everyone is saying and is clearly different than what you started with: check
#6 Claim this as some kind of victory: check
#7 Act exasperated afterwards that people would disagree with you even though they finally agreed even though nobody agreed with you: check
We are currently in zones 2 and 3 of the Tanoomba/Mist retard brigade circle jerk. When zone 5 comes along, I will update you. Good day sirs.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We are currently in zones 2 and 3 of the Tanoomba/Mist retard brigade circle jerk. When zone 5 comes along, I will update you. Good day sirs.
You're the one that linked 4 completely irrelevant articles because they came up on a google search, and 2 that were related but easily refuted.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I have a literally off-the-top-of-the-scale Perceptual Organization Index score on the WAIS. Why? Because my mommy didn't discourage me when I played with blocks and Legos and Erector sets and model rockets instead of dolls.
And you're a lesbian who was likely exposed to higher than normal fetal androgen levels. Interesting

tumblr_n0ais1X02C1qhveggo5_500.gif

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You're the one that linked 4 completely irrelevant articles because they came up on a google search, and 2 that were related but easily refuted.
Where are the studies you linked that refute our position?

Oh wait...

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
complete wishy washy, vague, informationless drivel. Par for the course
What was I wrong about? For primitive man, survival was a priority. For us, it's more or less a given. You can't say that the drive that pushed men to hunt is still relevant today, and you certainly can't prove it.

Tell me more about these primitive men. Tell me about all the instincts you know so well. Did they just sit around all day until they felt hungry then "got up off their asses"? You want to talk about feels? Your whole premise is nothing but an imaginary scenario you've constructed in your mind to support your argument. It's laughably inept."
Until we were able to grow food in large quantities to feed large groups of people, making sure you had something to eat was a daily priority. It's not anymore. Do you have a problem with this?

And yes, the fatties would be the winners. Evolutionarily speaking, the fatter you are, the more successful you are. Show me a fat bear and I'll show you a successful one. The instinct to eat is one of our strongest . You can't just say "oh hurrr, feels" every time someone makes a point that contradicts your silly ones. It's getting old and only serves to make you look foolish. Tell me again about severing the connection between the stomach and brain. That was a really well researched argument
Again, you're missing the point. I'm not saying a fat African isn't successful. I'm saying take a fat American, drop him off in the African plains, and this "winner" isn't so well off any more. He's not going to continue his previous lifestyle that consisted of gorging himself on fried and processed foods. It's not an option for him any more. To even survive, he will drastically have to change his habits. Regardless of how strong his "hunger instincts" were in the States, if he's not in an environment that allows and encourage gluttonous behavior, he's not going to stay fat much longer. Environment is stronger than instincts. Always.

Sure, evolutionarily, being fat was a sign of success. Why? Because it showed that while other people didn't even necessarily have enough to survive, you had more than enough. Today, however, nearly everybody in developed countries (and certainly all of us) has enough to survive and being fat is just a sign of poor self-control and bad habits.

Also, I will keep repeating "feels" every time you guys use that as the basis of your argument (which is nearly always). I've been repeatedly accused (without basis, mind you) of using "feels" to defend my points, so you'd better fucking believe I'm not going to miss an opportunity to explicitly draw attention to the hypocrisy.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Self control from what?
From indulging in a pleasurable activity, in this case: Eating. We all have the luxury of being able to partake in activities we enjoy. It's one of the benefits of living in modern society and being able tot ake your survival for granted. In many cases, people indulge too much in these activities (eating, drinking alcohol, jerking off, playing video games, watching movies, etc) and end up suffering negative consequences. The only reason this problem exists is because we are raised in an environment that allows us to indulge (and overindulge) at our leisure.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
From indulging in a pleasurable activity, in this case: Eating. We all have the luxury of being able to partake in activities we enjoy. It's one of the benefits of living in modern society and being able tot ake your survival for granted. In many cases, people indulge too much in these activities (eating, drinking alcohol, jerking off, playing video games, watching movies, etc) and end up suffering negative consequences. The only reason this problem exists is because we are raised in an environment that allows us to indulge (and overindulge) at our leisure.
But why do we find it pleasurable? Why does pleasure exist?

Jive Turkey

Karen
And by the way, you guys are absolutely right when you say there is great variation between the sexes when it comes to propensity for gender roles. And yes, there's even some overlap. But that does NOTHING to discredit the biological genesis of these traits. We've already shown at the extreme end of the spectrum, androgen levels can cause a gay man's brain to more closely resemble a woman's and vice versa. Well it's not binary. It's a sliding scale. There would be no reason to think otherwise. The more "alpha" males have been shown to be exposed to higher fetal androgen levels. The traits effect other areas of the body besides the brain. There's a correlation between finger length ratio and prenatal testosterone exposure. To think that just because some women are proficient at what is usually seen as a "male" trait, this is somehow proof of the societal factors is a complete fallacy

Jive Turkey

Karen
You might even call it *gasp* an instinct

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
But why do we find it pleasurable? Why does pleasure exist?
Our forebrains rationally decided that massaging our penises until they spout jizz is logically the best use of our time. Our instincts and biological urges are completely obsolete so that HAS to be it, right?

Jive Turkey

Karen
Remember that time Mist said people are gay because something must be misfiring in their brains to make them mirror the wrong gender?

Jive Turkey

Karen
This is such a blood bath, I have no idea how either of them can be genuinely claiming victory. Tanoomba seems to not know anything on the subject, has apparently not read a single piece of research, and just wants to join in on the discussion to be a contrarian. Mist on the other hand is intelligent, she's just too caught up in her own field and knows nothing about the biological end of things, so dismisses it out of ignorance.