Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel bad for Justin. His girlfriend cheated on him and feels fine about having done it (it was something that I needed to do for me) and he's sticking with her because the poor sap really likes her. That kind of selfishness is a key character trait that is going to show up again, likely in divorce court.

iannis

Musty Nester
Now I'm sure that harrasment can occur online (I'm positive that it both can and does), but 90% of the point of signing up for twitter is harrasment. I'm having trouble even coming up with a hypothetical in which twitter is the only component or primary method of harrasment.

The only one I can even think of is something that would amount to breaking the libel laws that we already have. Bot tweeting that you raped and killed a girl in 1990 to prospective employers. But twitter doesn't work like that from what I understand. You don't tweet TO people, you follow tweets FROM people.

Just a lot of nonsense. Especially nonsense as this is a criminal (?) case. It sure looks like a criminal case.

Throw them both in jail for 90 days for wasting a judges time. Take that weak bullshit to either civil court or judge judy. There's actual problems in the world.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, that would seem an even dumber reaction than the original prosecution.
Yeah. There really should be a fine for frivilous lawsuits though. There should be some penalty for making false accusations.

I wouldn't trust the lawyers to write those laws either.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't think that "he said mean things about me to our friends" is actually a criminal offense.
No, but I don't think "throwing both people in jail", eliminating all due process, is better than at least in this case, there being a process in which he won't go to jail.

iannis

Musty Nester
tumblr_n95m6fLL5g1syitgfo1_500.jpg

This one... I like her. I mean not even in a sexual way. Just in a thumbs up sort of way.

It's the last line that really just pulls it all together. Go out on a laugh.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. There really should be a fine for frivilous lawsuits though. There should be some penalty for making false accusations.

I wouldn't trust the lawyers to write those laws either.
that's partly why most western countries use the english rule it helps prevent frivelous lawsuits when the loser has to pay both attorney's fee's

English rule (attorney's fees)

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That twitter trial is a criminal proceeding not a civil one, and it's in Canada. Just FYI.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
tumblr_n95m6fLL5g1syitgfo1_500.jpg

This one... I like her. I mean not even in a sexual way. Just in a thumbs up sort of way.

It's the last line that really just pulls it all together. Go out on a laugh.
Loves the D, can't spell neutral. Perfect.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One of them should just post a sign that says "I don't need feminism because I have daddy's money."

iannis

Musty Nester
Now you can'thaveit, but I would be willing to let you borrow mine for a while mist.

Yeah, sure, some of 'em are chumps. If you ever find a group of people that are not comprised of 75% chumps just tell me where and when and I'll go drink that koolaid with you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm just saying that while it's really easy to be a stupid internet feminist when you're white and upper class (the usual band of idiots holding I need feminist signs and posting to their feminist blogs,) it's also pretty easy to be stupid internet anti-feminist when you're white and upper class.

It's almost like there's some certain... white... class... privileges at work here...

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
it's also easy to find retarded poor people or retarded _________ but let's not get into sweeping generalist conclusions that reinforce your ideology or anything.