Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It isn't any surprise since Chris Evans has been saying that he wants to get out of acting and into directing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup he wants to get into directing and the civil war movie is a great way to transition to bucky becoming captain america so it works well and is consistent with the comics.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I thought about these meme's from when Marvel first made the Phase 3 announcement. Anyway, this fits perfect here.

61b3b4e0a23178543d47932a09c5a62b.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It isn't any surprise since Chris Evans has been saying that he wants to get out of acting and into directing.
Yeah, but it's consistent high paying work with people he clearly loves working with. He was much more apprehensive about continuing to be with marvel when captain america came out. Now, whether that's due to an actual change of mind or because of marvel grooming him, we don't know

Xevy

Log Wizard
I ALMOST wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man dies this time around. With Vision and War Machine you basically have his combat and tech role filled. I'm sure Ant Man will be a wise cracking so and so as well as Dr. Strange by the time Avengers 4 comes around.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He has also said getting into Captain America shape is a huge pain in the ass.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's not why he's quitting tho he want's to direct, and act in smaller films. Those guys have really good trainers, and nutritionists so it's probly not as bad as people think. Directing a film is a total commitment with no room to do anything else, so if he want's to do that there will be no way for him to star in Marvel movies.

He was really good in Puncture fyi.

He might of had a change of heart tho. He recently said he wanted to mentor Spider man in one of his films so that would take him past his picture deal.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I feel like the MCU has set up for Iron Man to die in their Civil war, but Cap dying, Bucky picking up the shield, then Cap being ressurected in the second part of Avengers 3 basically writes itself.

I really wonder if Martin Freeman is going to be a Ben Urich style character (not Ben obviously, because Daredevil), running Frontline and covering all the super hero shit storms that are going to be hitting the world in rapid succession

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well Cap being killed in Civil War is key to that entire story line. One of the badassness of Cap America was standing up to Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet and then being killed. So some how I feel they need both of these events, yet it clearly can't be since it would be almost two movies in a row he is killed. It is also shown that they don't make these movies within the story lines. So who knows. I would shit golden bricks and give them to marvel if they had produced a movie of The Thanos Quest. Or show flash backs to him attaining some of the gems from The Inbetweener and a few others during the lead up to the final Infinity War.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Would be neat to see Captain die in Civil War but not actually die. I know they can't use the term Skrulls but would be cool if in fact he was shuttled off the planet, imprisoned and in Guardians two they came across him and brought him back for Infinity War. Would be a good way of having the typical "no one is truly dead in comics" without getting silly with it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh, the they've messed around enough with that trope already. People need to die, and they need to stay dead. And I think that if cap dies and Bucky takes his place, it shouldn't be a public thing. The general public shouldn't know that cap died. Injured, sure, but I don't want a public assassination for cap. I never liked that scene in civil war.

Caliane

Didn't Hela get confirmed for Thor 3 already?

yeah... Cap dies. Thor goes to Hel to honor or get him back...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's my hypothetical situation: Cap and IM fight, registration blah blah blah as cause, Cap about to kill IM and relents. Some one else kills IM. Cap surrenders and gives up. Passes shield on to Bucky. Cap is MIA or running SHIELD or whatever until Avengers 4 and he comes back and wrecks shit. I'd enjoy that.

I think if they soul gem/mjolnir rez/etc anyone it needs to be the climax of not only the movie, but the series. Like Thanos kills some one in big battle in A4, then rezzes that person to come back and they all defeat him. None of that "totally dead... PSYCHE 30 MINUTES LATER" shit or anything.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Here's my hypothetical situation: Cap and IM fight, registration blah blah blah as cause, Cap about to kill IM and relents. Some one else kills IM. Cap surrenders and gives up. Passes shield on to Bucky. Cap is MIA or running SHIELD or whatever until Avengers 4 and he comes back and wrecks shit. I'd enjoy that.

I think if they soul gem/mjolnir rez/etc anyone it needs to be the climax of not only the movie, but the series. Like Thanos kills some one in big battle in A4, then rezzes that person to come back and they all defeat him. None of that "totally dead... PSYCHE 30 MINUTES LATER" shit or anything.
Yea but you know some asshole in marketing would ruin it 5 months after this releases in a teaser trailer.