Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm gonna ask the same thing I did last week on Saturday. Do people want to go right for the furnace or do they want to kill farm stuff first? My vote, as always, is progression, but I am one man.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
In my mythic guild, we still clear heroic before going mythic progression as there is still plenty of upgrades. I think same could apply here. Get people warmed up and some upgrades to make it easier. Though normal furnace is easier than maidens, Blackhand is a whole different beast.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
As always, I am happy to kill whatever. Though, I can agree that some bosses for loot prior to furnace, is not a terrible idea.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
When you feel like you are disenchanting 75% of the loot then you know its time to drag people to progression kicking and screaming if you have to. Your biggest boost comes from set bonuses, and Blast Furnace gives set pieces. Blackhand is actually far less important. But yeah, re-clearing the other set bosses first is not a bad plan. The one day a week thing just means you'll keep getting through that stuff faster with time left over for BF reps (hopefully)

Our heroic farms are turning into "pimp out yet another trial that never shows up again." Thus knocking out some highmaul mythics. They are worth more nerd points than Blackhand or something, and BH is harder anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right, I feel like we're DE'ing or OS'ing 75% of the gear with our main upgrades being tier pieces. It doesn't really matter to me, just leaving it up to the group right now.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The guild I switched over to has a big hard on for Highmaul Mythics because of wow progress. We jumped from 9th or something to 3rd on the server after another mythic boss kill. Seems kind of silly to me as unless something really nice WF/socket drops there isn't much loot for us here, but I enjoy the encounters so not a huge complaint.

Hit 680/682 on the Ele and am pretty content with DPS now. I'm behind hunters and mages in low movement single target fights, but not by a ton. That's ok though. AE is great. Dicked to all hell in movement fights. Whatever.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If we're going to farm loot then let's do Kromog wing then Furnace wing. That'll be 6 bosses and give us 9/10. As peeps flesh out their gear and we all start cranking out 30k+ we'll be able to get all 10 done in one run. Alternately let's do 5 bosses this week, Noodle saves raid for next week and we burn the fuckers down.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reading this thread makes me wish I had rolled Horde. And that I was a good player. Sounds like you guys are having a ball, fricking rock on!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If we're going to farm loot then let's do Kromog wing then Furnace wing. That'll be 6 bosses and give us 9/10. As peeps flesh out their gear and we all start cranking out 30k+ we'll be able to get all 10 done in one run. Alternately let's do 5 bosses this week, Noodle saves raid for next week and we burn the fuckers down.
5 bosses? You want to finish the raid in one hour or something?

Elsebet

Peasant
In my humble opinion I would do the progression fight(s) earlier rather than later on Saturday. Personally I like to get the "work" out of the way before doing the more mundane stuff. I thought it worked really nicely last week with Maidens.

Also I think someone should always express doubt over Mumble that we can kill a boss, seems we always get a kill after that! Worked for Operator, Kromog, and Maidens so far, you pessimists!
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In my humble opinion I would do the progression fight(s) earlier rather than later on Saturday. Personally I like to get the "work" out of the way before doing the more mundane stuff. I thought it worked really nicely last week with Maidens.

Also I think someone should always express doubt over Mumble that we can kill a boss, seems we always get a kill after that! Worked for Operator, Kromog, and Maidens so far, you pessimists!
smile.png
Oh you should've seen me talking up our first week before we hit BRF. I was confident we were going to walk out 10/10N. I had (and still have) 4-5 pages of handwritten notes for all the bosses, I watched hundreds of videos prior to our raid. When we left at 1/10N I was the saddest man ever.

.. BUT! Moordryn said my enthusiasm was contagious, so I've tried to keep it up. When certain people send me tells like "I'm leaving after one more, this is stupid" then I just ignore them, and this goes for more than a few of you that send me tells like this.

I'm ever confident in our group and I think that we could kill Blackhand this week if people come ready to play. That includes watching videos, reading strategies, contributing to fixing ANY reason that we wipe to a boss and letting the group know when you notice things going wrong. Case in point, a couple weeks ago one of the healers (Gurgas?) said on Thogar that having the healers grouped up with the melee was causing some issues so we moved them to the edges of the track and most problems were fixed - also, people suggested we don't split on the split phase and voila we one shot the boss.

My opinion is always skewed because my gear is much higher than BRF normal so I just want the kills, priority is different to others that don't have the gear I think.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
People needed bitched out at Maidens last week.

After the dad voice was broke out people finally got their shit together.